Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WH Sports

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:59 am

Didn't want to talk about it did he last night :lol: but it will be a hell of an eye opener to the ordinary fan on the street :ayatollah:
A question for the EGM - how can a man who cannot conduct his own personal tax affairs in an appropriate manner be allowed responsibility for the finances of a Football club with an annual turnover in the tens of millions? In my view a recipe for disaster.

Re: WH Sports

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:17 am

haha he didn't like it, the guy is a thief

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:18 am

Got a bit snappy when the difficult questions were asked :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:23 am

That reminds me - media said he was having talks with HMRC re: WH Sports end of last week.

Anyone know the outcome?

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:25 am

nerd wrote:That reminds me - media said he was having talks with HMRC re: WH Sports end of last week.

Anyone know the outcome?

There will only be one outcome for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:26 am

Well, yes but would be nice to know.

Is he particularly chippy at the moment? Foul mood?

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:29 am

nerd wrote:Well, yes but would be nice to know.

You called :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:32 am

Well we shall see how chippy he is on the 24th. I hope the trust and some major shareholders have sat down and got the appropriate questions prepared for the EGM.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:32 am

He obviously set this "company" up to receive payments from CCFC - his only customer I believe?

Whatever payments were made into that companies accounts are liable to the various taxes and provision for payment should have been made - well it is with well-run, legitimate businesses. For them to now have a £400k debt to HMRC (i'm assuming 40% on £1m paid to WH Sports?) with 2 "employees" and you would think limited overheads/expense is ridiculous. Perhaps he thought he could offset it on "future earnings" for the company :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 am

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:He obviously set this "company" up to receive payments from CCFC - his only customer I believe?

Whatever payments were made into that companies accounts are liable to the various taxes and provision for payment should have been made - well it is with well-run, legitimate businesses. For them to now have a £400k debt to HMRC (i'm assuming 40% on £1m paid to WH Sports?) with 2 "employees" and you would think limited overheads/expense is ridiculous. Perhaps he thought he could offset it on "future earnings" for the company :lol:

The clock is ticking for him.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:58 am

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:He obviously set this "company" up to receive payments from CCFC - his only customer I believe?

Sort of.

I think most people believe he hoped to sell his shareholding in CCFC for a thumping profit and pay off WH Sports creditors, with plenty of cash leftover for himself.

However, he put his own spanner in the works with his total mishandling of our finances and as such no-one will buy the club.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:38 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Sort of.

I think most people believe he hoped to sell his shareholding in CCFC for a thumping profit and pay off WH Sports creditors, with plenty of cash leftover for himself.

However, he put his own spanner in the works with his total mishandling of our finances and as such no-one will buy the club.

Exactly he sold himself the shares at a rock bottom price hoping to make a huge return, but now its turned around to bite him on the arse.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:47 am

Dr Martin Price didn't mind making a few comments mind did he ? :lol: these were his comments regarding Peter Ridsdale and WH Sports Limited -

"HE DIDN'T PAY HIS VAT
HE DIDN'T PAY HIS EMPLOYERS CONTRIBUTION TO INCOME TAX
HE DIDN'T PAY HIS CORPORATION TAX
HE WAS VERY LATE IN FILING HIS ACCOUNTS WITH COMPANIES HOUSE
AND HE DIDN'T EVEN PAY HIS ACCOUNTANTS WHO WERE PREPARING THE ACCOUNTS WHICH FORMED THE LIQUIDATION."

This is the man we have running our club, what a f*cking joke :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:04 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Dr Martin Price didn't mind making a few comments mind did he ? :lol: these were his comments regarding Peter Ridsdale and WH Sports Limited -

"HE DIDN'T PAY HIS VAT
AND HE DIDN'T EVEN PAY HIS ACCOUNTANTS WHO WERE PREPARING THE ACCOUNTS WHICH FORMED THE LIQUIDATION."

When I watched last night and this information was revealed I WAS BAFFLED as to how PR was allowed to handle CCFC affairs so freely being so incompetent of his "own".
BUT another concern I have is - as this is not just down to him WHO else within the club are responsible - because surely 1 man that being PR is not in sole charge of EVERTHING? - If he is that is ridiculous!
I would have thought there are other individuals within the "main structure" of running a club for e.g. accountants that can also see how rapidly things are going downhill for the club that should have stepped in.
BUT there are so many things I as a "just a fan" I do not know or understand I admit but just simple good practice of spend what you have and within means and neccesities for the club is the main way!

I give up trying to work things out with how this club is run - BUT I would rather have a club that has "good players" and a full strong squad that are holding their own in the league THAN to go into millions of debt to buy "amazing" players and go up to the Premiership and wonder how the bills are going to be paid week in week out!
After the day at Chelsea - I for one HATE the atmosphere and everything that comes with the higher level football everything is plastic - give me championship - division 1 - division 2 games anyday.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:17 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Dr Martin Price didn't mind making a few comments mind did he ? :lol: these were his comments regarding Peter Ridsdale and WH Sports Limited -

"HE DIDN'T PAY HIS VAT

What about that David 'Conn' fella a sports journalist with the Guardian?

He said Ridsdale was "One of the more professionally qualified people in charge of football clubs now and he thought his general abilities in many areas were actually very high quality compared to lots of other people in football"

I'm not sure just what these 'professional abilities' are meant to be, but I wish PR would take them to some other club.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:44 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Got a bit snappy when the difficult questions were asked :lol:

i noticed that,he was stalling with his words and havin to really think about some questions..

i wouldnt let him run my local papershop.

tosser

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:29 pm

chippy909 wrote:

You called :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:04 pm

He hates it be brought up, the night it was on here a month ago he went mental with me.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:He hates it be brought up, the night it was on here a month ago he went mental with me.

Let's see if he goes mental again then. It was all over week in week out last night so it's well out in the open now. :lol: :ayatollah: