Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HAVE THEY GOT THE BACKBONE TO REALLY DO IT

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:32 am

Steve Borley and Paul Guy to get Rid of THE RIDDLER.

The Malaysians have said the day he goes they will put £6 Million straight away in to the Club.
They wont come on board whilst he is still here.
There ARE NO OTHER POTENTIAL INVESTORS OUT THERE FOR CARDIFF CITY AT THIS VERY MOMENT.

I know you read This Forum, PR,SB, PG.

I Also know the Auditors are in the Club going through the last 3 years of the Riddlers Reign, Ordered I believe By Paul Guy.

So Maybe The Riddler will be gone at The EGM or After The Auditors Report.
But HE HAS TO GO THIS MONTH.

Re: HAVE THEY GOT THE BACKBONE TO REALLY DO IT

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:40 am

I dont think they have, wont it cost them too much to pay his contract up? or could they get him to resign and pay f**k all, which i doubt he would.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:43 am

cpdc2007 wrote:I dont think they have, wont it cost them too much to pay his contract up? or could they get him to resign and pay f**k all, which i doubt he would.

Not if heis forced to Resign because of the Audit or is Voted off.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:48 am

Paul Guy seems like he wants to see what is going wrong, and wants PR gone..
but i dont think they all have the balls to get rid of him, they got it too easy with him there!

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:53 am

They must have some cause for concern if they have called auditors in. That's pretty serious.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

ihatealiens wrote:They must have some cause for concern if they have called auditors in. That's pretty serious.

Yes and they believe they will find stuff, Told everyone be a bit patient, be better if he got sacked/arrested than walking off with £1 Million pay off.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:They must have some cause for concern if they have called auditors in. That's pretty serious.

Yes and they believe they will find stuff, Told everyone be a bit patient, be better if he got sacked/arrested than walking off with £1 Million pay off.

This is the most significant news we have heard in months. Will the auditors report be available at the EGM?

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:59 am

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

This is the most significant news we have heard in months. Will the auditors report be available at the EGM?

They reckon it will take 2 weeks, I think they went in on Monday.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 am

HMMM, so too late for the EGM but they may have some sort of interim report by the EGM possibly. Gawwd if he has been a norty boy he will be bricking it :lol:

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
cpdc2007 wrote:I dont think they have, wont it cost them too much to pay his contract up? or could they get him to resign and pay f**k all, which i doubt he would.

Surely voting him off will be in effect sacking him Annis therefore he will be entitled to a pay off.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:07 am

ihatealiens wrote:HMMM, so too late for the EGM but they may have some sort of interim report by the EGM possibly. Gawwd if he has been a norty boy he will be bricking it :lol:

True but if the auditors did find something then Ridsdale could be suspended immeadatley with a view to sacking him.

There is hope yet.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 am

The Malaysians have said the day he goes they will put £6 Million straight away in to the Club.

If that was the case, dont you think he would have walked himself ??

If not then it is a strange decision, bearing in mind what 3 extra players would have done to this team in January.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:10 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Surely voting him off will be in effect sacking him Annis therefore he will be entitled to a pay off.

Apparently Ridsdale has a one year rolling contract the same as DJ.

Therefore unless he was sacked for gross misconduct the club has to giving him 12 months notice or 1 year's salary in leiu.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:11 am

We need 6 million to get through to July - so something had better happen soon!

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:12 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:HMMM, so too late for the EGM but they may have some sort of interim report by the EGM possibly. Gawwd if he has been a norty boy he will be bricking it :lol:

True but if the auditors did find something then Ridsdale could be suspended immeadatley with a view to sacking him.

There is hope yet.

i wud av thought they get the law in first b4 they done anything then suspend him dont think they can sack him until it proven without a doubt i maybe wrong

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:12 am

Joff wrote:The Malaysians have said the day he goes they will put £6 Million straight away in to the Club.

If not then it is a strange decision, bearing in mind what 3 extra players would have done to this team in January.

If you were Ridsdale would you walk away with no payment? He is sitting on a 1 year rolling contract and unless he is given 12 months notice he is entitled to 1 year's salary as severance pay.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 am

There is hope yet.

Correct

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:17 am

sleepers wrote:

There is hope yet.

i wud av thought they get the law in first b4 they done anything then suspend him dont think they can sack him until it proven without a doubt i maybe wrong

You don't need the Police to prove gross misconduct. If the Chairman has exceeded his brief or has brought the club into disrepute he can be suspended whilst an internal investigation is held.

Once that is concluded and the shareholders believe there is enough evidence to sack him they can.

If then Ridsdale believes he was treated unfairly he can sue the club either for breach of contract in the civil courts or for unfair dismissal at an Employment Tribunal.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:23 am

or borley and guy will give him option of resigning and it be brushed under carpet
either way we be rid off the man
cheers tony

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:27 am

at the end of the day he is just an employee of the club and should be open to the same disciplinary proceedings as others
he has misled proposed investors, the press, Hmrc and worse still the supporters of this football club regarding the tax situation.
At the municipal club he dismissed the tax as a nothing issue and made statements that most of it had been paid off.
since then we have had several dates from him where the bill was going to be settled yet here we are awaiting the 10th march to see if the fire sale of the land will pay off the outstanding amount and save us from being wound up.

he has borrowed up front 1.5 million of the television money in december which was due in march and has also conned 10'000 season ticket holders into renewing on the pretence of strengthening the squad.

The reality of the situation to me is that he gambled on getting some investment in and selling some of the players like matthews, McCormack and ledley to cover the shortcomings on income streams into the club.

with regards to the investment i hold him responsible for the delay to malaysian investment due to the misinformation he fed them regarding the real tax liabilities.
he also never stated in any of the press releases regarding the golden ticket that squad strenghtening was subject to there being outside investment and player sales which ultimatley was the reason that no players came in not of course excluding the embargo placed on us by the football league.

Yet despite having the football tv money and the golden ticket money none of this went to pay the tax man and we are still struggling day to day to survive.
If we are struggling to pay the tax man and have to sell off land to do that where is the money coming from to take us to the end of the season and through the summer into next season where bear in mind a large portion of that income has been collected and spent already.

There is more than enough evidence in what is written above to remove the man for his financial incompetence in running the club and all the apathetic people should remember he is gambling with our football clubs future without ever having invested a penny piece himself.

One last thing is that he should be held accountable for what is going on with his own comany as well now for the likely embarressment and bad press that that is going to bring to the football clubs doorstep.

This is the time for the major shareholders and directors of this football club to stand up and remove this malaise from our football club otherwise i see a quick return to the darkside for the club and supporters

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:Steve Borley and Paul Guy to get Rid of THE RIDDLER.

There ARE NO OTHER POTENTIAL INVESTORS OUT THERE FOR CARDIFF CITY AT THIS VERY MOMENT.

I know you read This Forum, PR,SB, PG.

I Also know the Auditors are in the Club going through the last 3 years of the Riddlers Reign, Ordered I believe By Paul Guy.

So Maybe The Riddler will be gone at The EGM or After The Auditors Report.
But HE HAS TO GO THIS MONTH.

Simple question if that is the case why don SB PG get rid of him?

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:30 am

Joff wrote:The Malaysians have said the day he goes they will put £6 Million straight away in to the Club.

If you were Ridsdale would you walk away with no payment? He is sitting on a 1 year rolling contract and unless he is given 12 months notice he is entitled to 1 year's salary as severance pay.

I am not saying he would walk away with no payment. The way the club work is that they pay up anybodys contract who walks, and they would do the same with PR and he would know that too. (Moreso if they knew £6 million was waiting in the wings.)

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:22 pm

he should be sacked on the basis of lying to us fans abnout the money for season tickets fiasco :evil:

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:he should be sacked on the basis of lying to us fans abnout the money for season tickets fiasco :evil:

if he should be sacked for that then borley and guy and jones shud i cant stand the man
but the board down to the manager knew wat was going on not just lardarse
the board knew from the onset that the tax needed paying if they did not it tells you something
about how are club is being run

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Whats DJ got to do with it? His job is to run the team not sort out the finances. No other club would sack the manager coz the finances were a mess. People got a vendetta with Jones want him out and will use any reason. He's doing a great job with a thin squad!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:58 pm

mrbilbo wrote:Whats DJ got to do with it? His job is to run the team not sort out the finances. No other club would sack the manager coz the finances were a mess. People got a vendetta with Jones want him out and will use any reason. He's doing a great job with a thin squad!!! :ayatollah:

i have not got a vendetta against him and never said to sack him
but he said buy a season tiket to help the squad an i thoughtn he should have come out and said
how he felt about it he got made out a fool as well they all went into the paint work

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:04 pm

I honestly dont think he knew thats what would happen and on the other hand he prob didnt say anything coz at this moment in time PR is his boss so prob just put his head down and got on with it. But like so many things with our club who knows?

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Apart from the £1m it would cost to remove Ridsdale, I wonder if Guy and Borley are also worried about 'doing the right thing' by the Malaysians?

Assuming that the reports are true about VT/TG personal feelings towards Ridsdale, then getting rid of PR by taking the easy option of 'paying him off' might insult the honour that the Malaysians have towards business.

In their view the correct way of dealing with Ridsdale is to show him the door without a penny in compensation. If that is true then obviously Guy and Borley's options would be limited in getting rid of Ridsdale by paying him off.

However, if Guy and Borley removed him because of his misdemeanours then that would show those 2 in a completely different light in the eyes of the Malaysians.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Apart from the £1m it would cost to remove Ridsdale, I wonder if Guy and Borley are also worried about 'doing the right thing' by the Malaysians?

Assuming that the reports are true about VT/TG personal feelings towards Ridsdale, then getting rid of PR by taking the easy option of 'paying him off' might insult the honour that the Malaysians have towards business.

In their view the correct way of dealing with Ridsdale is to show him the door without a penny in compensation. If that is true then obviously Guy and Borley's options would be limited in getting rid of Ridsdale by paying him off.

However, if Guy and Borley removed him because of his misdemeanours then that would show those 2 in a completely different light in the eyes of the Malaysians.

Spot on and this is what I believe may be happening at the moment.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

mrbilbo wrote:I honestly dont think he knew thats what would happen and on the other hand he prob didnt say anything coz at this moment in time PR is his boss so prob just put his head down and got on with it. But like so many things with our club who knows?

true mrbilbo but other board members shud av known and yet they let false promises
be said dont get me wrong i want him out but the board must have known abot the tax
it was mentioned in the muni yet they sat back an let the fans buy tikets under false promises
you cannot blame one person for that it was the board