Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MALAYSIANS AGAIN

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:50 pm

sorry annis but this crap about the malaysians will only invest when the riddler goes must be bollox because they can buy the club today on condition he resigns tomorrow or they can sack him anyway its not stacking up mate to me

Re: MALAYSIANS AGAIN

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:55 pm

These are top businessmen. They dont throw away money. They will want a chairman they can trust. Once they find one then they will look at getting rid of the Riddler on the cheap.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:29 pm

DEANO wrote:sorry annis but this crap about the malaysians will only invest when the riddler goes must be bollox because they can buy the club today on condition he resigns tomorrow or they can sack him anyway its not stacking up mate to me

I've said that all along, obviously someone is leaking this information but I don't believe it. There's no way in my opinion that Malaysian billionaires are about to invest/takeover this football club but are just waiting for our chairman to go.
If they were interested in the club why would they sit back and watch us sell off our assets, end up on the verge of being wound up by HMRC and not be able to strengthen the team.
I understand it takes a while to put everything in place, and I wouldn't imagine they'd want to rush into anything but surely looking at our position now January would have been an ideal time to get the tax bill sorted and strengthen in order to push for promotion? I've said it before, even if it was a share issue or a short term loan until the takeover was completed.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I don't believe for one minute that Ridsdale is the only thing standing in the way of Malaysian investment. If this was the case then the board must be mad.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:44 pm

DEANO wrote:sorry annis but this crap about the malaysians will only invest when the riddler goes must be bollox because they can buy the club today on condition he resigns tomorrow or they can sack him anyway its not stacking up mate to me

Simples.

Board fire Ridsdale => Ridsdale due compensation.
Malaysians pay off Ridsdale => Sorry, they don't trust him and one of the biggest things in deals with people from the Far East is honour and respect. They won't want to pay him a single penny.
Ridsdale resign => Errm, WH Sports? He won't resign without a payoff!

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:53 pm

it all seems a bit hard to swallow, surely if the Malaysians are willing to invest millions the board could have, and would have got rid of the riddler by now?

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Forget it no-one with an ounce of sanity would invest in a football club in as bad a state as ours.

Winding up order, ST income used up, and £40 million in debt.

I doubt anyone would pay over £5 million for that lot, and for £5 million, Ridsdale et al aren't going to sell.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:07 pm

fire the b....... anyway ....see u court ...and up yours ....... go to MAX C. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:15 pm

It wouldnt matter to me if I was owed £10 or £1,000 I would still want it back, I worked in different Business from the age of 12 to the age of 36 and Every penny meant something to me. People who know me, know I dont waste money. My Father taught me that money doesnt grow on trees and if I left a light on in the house, he would go mad.
In Business you dont throw many away No matter how much youve got.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

It wouldnt matter to me if I was owed £10 or £1,000 I would still want it back, I worked in different Business from the age of 12 to the age of 36 and Every penny meant something to me. People who know me, know I dont waste money. My Father taught me that money doesnt grow on trees and if I left a light on in the house, he would go mad.

thats true annis, values that are sadly lacking in some kids today :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis for Chairman :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:21 pm

So if The Riddler requires a £1M pay off to get investment, why didn't Guy/Borley pay him off in January & let the Malaysians, sort out HMRC etc etc with their £6M and we could have still got new players in!

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Back of the Net wrote:So if The Riddler requires a £1M pay off to get investment, why didn't Guy/Borley pay him off in January & let the Malaysians, sort out HMRC etc etc with their £6M and we could have still got new players in!

Would have been a great investment in my opinion!

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:50 pm

The malaysians?

This is all bollocks now. I doubt they are even considering investing here anymore.

There would have been activity a long time ago if there were serious. as in the above post!

They'd have a higher probability in making money with feckin Swansea than us!