Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Man Utd

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:43 pm

When Ferguson retires? is that a decent shout or am I thinking way too far ahead lol? its gonna be at least 3 years and the man is scottish and has huge drive. I wouldnt want him there obviously cos i hate the Mancs and also I have no idea why the thought came into my head. Any thoughts?

Re: Malky Man Utd

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm

My bet would be that David Moyes or Mourinho will get that.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 pm

ye, they've always been 2 names top of the my thoughts. I think Mourinho is waiting for it. I just wouldnt mind seeing them collapse and drift away when Fergies gone. Dont think they're far off now lol, the slump has begun

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Getting way ahead.

I believe it will all most certainly be mourinho

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:07 pm

I think you may be getting a little ahead of yourself :D

Hes taken an average Watford side to mid table, and Cardiff City to 3rd good achievements to date, not quite the scale united may be looking for though.

And remember football fans are fickle, if or more likely when we have a rough patch of say 2 wins in 10 and people will question him.

And we will have a bad patch, people are now questioning Man City after 2 losses, a last week people were questioning Sir Alex Ferguson.

FUNNY OLD GAME :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:When Ferguson retires? is that a decent shout or am I thinking way too far ahead lol? its gonna be at least 3 years and the man is scottish and has huge drive. I wouldnt want him there obviously cos i hate the Mancs and also I have no idea why the thought came into my head. Any thoughts?

Its been on my mind too! he has the man management, tactical ability, OCD characteristics that will get even better over time and lead him to success. Manchester United WILL NOT bring in a big name manager, I will put my head on the chopping block with that comment. I believe they will bring in a up and comer who shows the right pedigree (similar mould to Sir Alex) to succeed at the helm for another decade. They will ensure at all costs they get a man that will be long, long, long term. I believe Malky will be ripe come the time, although most mainstream supporters wont have a clue about him or his abilities at this moment in time, they will.

I just didn't bother putting in on here cause I thought it will perfect ripping material for the few amongst us.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Frodo wrote:My bet would be that David Moyes or Mourinho will get that.

Man Utd have had a manager for 25 years, Mr Jose M cant stay at a club longer than a few years, United aren't like the other big clubs, with the exception of Arsenal. They will pick a man for the future as well as the now.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 pm

MM Not the next Man U - Manager for me... i hope he gets the backing as we have a great manager here :ayatollah:

If MM was to go in many years time ;) - Celtic or even the Scotland managers job for me.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 am

I posted this not long ago as well :ayatollah:

I think malky is more of a rangers / celtic front runner or scotland he'l go back to his roots,

thats what i love about cardiff, I strongly feel scottish and irish players have always played there hearts out for us,

kav, macnaughton, mcphail, boland, cowie, marshall is great, I'm sure their are more

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:08 am

Maybe not the next man u manager but definitely has the potential to become as big as fergie. I would give it 10 years of proving himself first though

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 am

Glasgow for Malkay.

Higher money, lower quality football.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:37 am

im baffled at sooo many people thinking MM will take over from fergie !!!

starting to really lose sight of this forum now!!

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:06 am

milly44 wrote:I think you may be getting a little ahead of yourself :D

Hes taken an average Watford side to mid table, and Cardiff City to 3rd good achievements to date, not quite the scale united may be looking for though.

And remember football fans are fickle, if or more likely when we have a rough patch of say 2 wins in 10 and people will question him.

And we will have a bad patch, people are now questioning Man City after 2 losses, a last week people were questioning Sir Alex Ferguson.

FUNNY OLD GAME :ayatollah:

You're right, football fans are fickle.

That's why they should never have a say within a club, they'd be sacking managers more often than Jesus Gil! - remember him?

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:17 am

Taff on the Mersey wrote:
Frodo wrote:My bet would be that David Moyes or Mourinho will get that.

Man Utd have had a manager for 25 years, Mr Jose M cant stay at a club longer than a few years, United aren't like the other big clubs, with the exception of Arsenal. They will pick a man for the future as well as the now.

Good point and I agree.

I would guess they're more likely to go for a David Moyes type of manager than a Mourinho. Mourinho is perfect for the egotistical merry-go-round that is Real Madrid, but that doesn't appear to be the culture at Man Utd.

I'm not sure why I replied in this thread because I'm not particualrly interested in what the Mancs do. :lol:

:ayatollah:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:22 am

i think some people are pissed??? seriously, MM is doing great but Man U....erm.....no. Only person who has the character and strength of mind to do that job straight after Fergie is Mourinho. He loves premier league and man utd, thats by his own admission.....he'll take that job and stay for a long time.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:48 am

CraigCCFC wrote:i think some people are pissed??? seriously, MM is doing great but Man U....erm.....no. Only person who has the character and strength of mind to do that job straight after Fergie is Mourinho. He loves premier league and man utd, thats by his own admission.....he'll take that job and stay for a long time.

i know crazy it reall;y does scare me this forum, god forbid we ever go on a bad spell with malkey and then who knows...we will be asking for chris houghton after all !!

on the man u front, its a two horse race between pep guardiola and mourinho i think

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:07 am

Possibly the most ridiculous suggestion I’ve read on here. What the f*** has Malky actually achieved in his managerial career to date…nothing. In a few years he may develop into an excellent manager but he’s still learning his trade. To even think of suggesting him for a job at one of the worlds biggest clubs is laughable. I think I could name 50 people off the top of my head who would be in front of him in the queue.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:46 pm

I think a few people have been lead astray here. THere was no suggestion of him taking the Man Utd job now, I can clearly see that from reading the first thread back. It was more about the potential, it was clearly said that it would be AT LEAST 3 years away.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:I think a few people have been lead astray here. THere was no suggestion of him taking the Man Utd job now, I can clearly see that from reading the first thread back. It was more about the potential, it was clearly said that it would be AT LEAST 3 years away.

I would say it would be at least 10 years away and having done well at least another two clubs, one having done well in the champions league.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:57 pm

what a ridiculous thread :lol:

We will never see another ferguson.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Bunk wrote:Possibly the most ridiculous suggestion I’ve read on here. What the f*** has Malky actually achieved in his managerial career to date…nothing. In a few years he may develop into an excellent manager but he’s still learning his trade. To even think of suggesting him for a job at one of the worlds biggest clubs is laughable. I think I could name 50 people off the top of my head who would be in front of him in the queue.

Exactly. This guy has taken rose tinted specs to a mental level.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:When Ferguson retires? is that a decent shout or am I thinking way too far ahead lol? its gonna be at least 3 years and the man is scottish and has huge drive. I wouldnt want him there obviously cos i hate the Mancs and also I have no idea why the thought came into my head. Any thoughts?

No offence fella but its an absolutely ridiculous shout.

Its a bit like saying me niece is going to be the next PM, she aint even in school yet ;)

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:I think a few people have been lead astray here. THere was no suggestion of him taking the Man Utd job now, I can clearly see that from reading the first thread back. It was more about the potential, it was clearly said that it would be AT LEAST 3 years away.

Exactly pal, you've seen it for what is was and not jumped on it likes others. This is why I said I wouldn't post a thread similar to this, cos big bollocks like to have a rip without understanding the conversation.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:

Exactly pal, you've seen it for what is was and not jumped on it likes others. This is why I said I wouldn't post a thread similar to this, cos big bollocks like to have a rip without understanding the conversation.

Whats there to understand big man?

He said in 3 years time malky could be manager of man u?

It deserved the pisstaking response it got.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Still a bit of a wild shout IMO fella.

Pontypool is saying that in 3 years time is it fair to say that Malky might be in a position to take over from Ferguson at Manchester United.

His 2 main points being that 1. He is Scottish, and 2. He has drive.

A straight answer is no chance.

I think he needs to achieve something first before we even consider that he might get taken from us by a giant like Manchester United within 3 years! not to mention there are LOADS in front of him.

Think about it, at this moment is time, Nigel Atkins has achieved more as a Manager than Malky and if you read on a Soton board that they thought he might take over from Fergie in 3 years or even have the potential to do so you would laugh your bollocks off.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:21 pm

But nigel adkins isnt scottish :lol:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:23 pm

I got offered the Man U job on Football manager after two years of management so are you lot saying I'm a better manager than Malky? :D

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:32 pm

polo wrote:But nigel adkins isnt scottish :lol:

You got to laugh at the big Scottish Love in to be honest.

Dont get me wrong, I think Malky is a breath of fresh air but this thing about Scotland
being a hotbed of good young managers is bollocks

2 of the bottom 3 sides in the Premierships are manged by jocks, not to mention Villa being in the bottom half.

Apart from Fergie (and Malky) ;) they are all overated. Owen Coyle is doing a shit job at Bolton and Steve Keane is a joke. David Moyes is another overated one IMO and stays at Everton so he can peddle how great he is at keeping Everton Mid Table.

Big Eck is another waste of space how he got the Villa job is a mystery.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Barger, he is showing great promise and has the pressence of a proper manager but to suggest he will be ready for the man u job in 3 years. :lol:

Or will one day be as big as fergie :lol:

Bonkers :lol:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:22 pm

no one likes u polo