Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The DEMONSTRATION MARCH 6th BEFORE THE GAME

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:18 pm

ITS ABOUT THAT WE ARE NOT HAPPY WITH HOW OUR CLUB IS BEING RUN and THE FINANCIAL MESS WE ARE IN.

Now i Know i was going to take a break from this site but the subject of Riddler is an important one.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?invit ... 9676188447
I'm suggesting the following, not everyone will agree but it's an attempt to get organised should the EGM not give us the result we are hoping for. Im no spokesman for City Fans this is juts my idea.

As said we hang fire and see the results of the EGM.

IF nothing comes of it then I suggest the Boro games on Saturday 6th March be the game we target for the most vociferous demonstration against Ridsdale.

We have over a weeks lead time so rather than trying to do this as individuals and posting on the net i suggest we find a venue in the city Centre and meet up one evening and discuss what we do.

The one idea is a march from canton to the ground before the game, gett he media involved, loads of noise banners etc and most imprtantly numbers.

All this can be better planned at a meeting which im sure Annis can get us a suitable venue.

If everyones up for this then can we make this a stickey?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?invit ... 9676188447 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The Demo.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:30 pm

The Rhooster wrote:Now i Know i was going to take a break from this site but the subject of Riddler is an important one.

I'm suggesting the following, not everyone will agree but it's an attempt to get organised should the EGM not give us the result we are hoping for. Im no spokesman for City Fans this is juts my idea.

IF nothing comes of it then I suggest the Boro games on Saturday 6th March be the game we target for the most vociferous demonstration against Ridsdale.

We have over a weeks lead time so rather than trying to do this as individuals and posting on the net i suggest we find a venue in the city Centre and meet up one evening and discuss what we do.

The one idea is a march from canton to the ground before the game, gett he media involved, loads of noise banners etc and most imprtantly numbers.

All this can be better planned at a meeting which im sure Annis can get us a suitable venue.

Rhooster I have spoken with Annis and he will be in touch with you later about organising a meeting point for an action plan, he is with friends for a few hours.

March 6th will definately be the date for the demo and we have got an idea how it should work but as you rightly say it is about everyone's choice and not just a few so I will not put up a sticky on the planned demo yet until we get as many together as possible and we all agree on a strategy.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:33 pm

The Rhooster wrote:Now i Know i was going to take a break from this site but the subject of Riddler is an important one.

WE ARE TOTALLY BEHIND YOU Paul.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

WE ARE TOTALLY BEHIND YOU Paul.

100% this is gonna be the big one

Re: The DEMONSTRATION MARCH 6th BEFORE THE GAME

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:14 pm

aww No i cant make this game :( :lol:

Good idea Rhooster ;)

Even though my presence will not be there, i feel we should have a big protest :ayatollah:

and then the game after that we can have another protest just for me to join in the fun :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Good idea but we need to demo EVERY game not wait what's the matter with you all, I'll be demoing tomorrow and at the boro game, if any one what's to join me tomorrow you no where I will be 5pm by reception.... :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:40 pm

I think you should run off some leaflets and post people around the ground from mid day onwards

go in the pubs and give every person you can see a leaflet

easy to do

on every major road leading to stadium ..roads from canton ..bessemer road...hadfield road

places where people meet

get in canton rugby club, the corp, the napier , the kings , ......

shove the leaflets into every hand

a nice, simple message

" demo ...peaceful protest against the running of this club ....meet up before kick off ...and afterwards at main entrance "

many people dont read messageboards...you need to get the attention of the ordinary fan just going to the game

the reason I say have another demo afterwards is that if you really need numbers , then if not that many people know about the demo ( and many wont if they dont read messageboards) beforehand , you are better off trying to get their attention before the game for a planned demo afterwards

you are going to be asked questions " who has organised this ? " etc

and some people will snub you ,as they think that the best way to get him out is to grill him ...but I think unless you are proactive in organising this sort of thing you will not gte the numbers you want

why bother hiring out a pub to dicuss things ?

it seems a waste of time

most fans are disgusted with the way things are going ...best show of disgust would be getting more fans who previoulsy have not been involved to join in peaceful protests

get leaflets printed off ..with a simple message

Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:04 pm

nice one sludge, will you be joining us?

Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:27 pm

sort it on here and arrange to all meet at a certain time and Im sure there are enough members of this forum with a contact or 2 in the press , plus we have all got 1 or 2 mates who dont use this forum too . Going back to todays game and my only concern is our squad and the lack of it and even if Ridsdale goes or not can anything be done to get the transfer embargo lifted in time for any loan signings ?

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:13 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:nice one sludge, will you be joining us?

yes

I want ridsdale and the others gone

if not , ridsdale gone and some honesty to the fans

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:25 pm

you need more than this forum( and others ) and mates of people who use it

thats not enough

you need to use the media to get it out to the thousands of city fans out there who go to games ( about 18000)

otherwise if only a few hundred turn up it will give ridsdale all the ammo he needs

if you are seriously going to organise a demo , then it needs to organised

and that means making sure as many fans as possible know about it

now people may say contact the supporters club...but they are in a very difficult position ..they are loyal city fans and many of their members are pissed off like everyone ..but they are traditionally close to the club in terms of tickets, kids parties etc

so..if you appraoch them and they feel its hard to support a demo, then you have to understand that

gtfm.....great publicity ..but its only a hardcore of fans who listen to that ...a few hundred at best

real radio , radio wales, the echo ?........naaaaaa

where can you get hold of most city fans ?.......at the game or on their way to the game

on the way to the game where they park their cars...hadfield road, leckwith area, the main road from canton past the ninian park pub , canton rugby club , the corp , etc etc

get organised , get leaflets printed up , a simple message ....and get as many out as possible

thats the way to do it to get numbers up

a meeting to discuss ideas ?.......well thats going to take time to sort out ...and how many will attend ?

and what will happen ?...everyone agrees to a demo ?......

I would say the best thing is to get a big one organised ...making sure on the leaflet you say its a peaceful one ...because it has to be lads .....and then carry on from there

just my opinion as to the best way forward

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:17 pm

We have an away game at Preston next week. It would be worth getting some of these leaflets made up for that game. All you would then need is a couple of us handing them out to the guys in the stadium. That would be a basis to work from.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:26 pm

I certainly think thats going to get the word around more than just using this forum

if you want people to get behind the protest , the most important thing is to make sure people know its taking place

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Well there a number of us on here going, including myself. So all we need now are the leaflets. Do we have a printer in our midds?

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:45 pm

i will be @ preston, more than willing to help hand out leaflets promoting the peacefull demo,plus the run up to the boro game and on the day of the demo. if any1 can get them printed up let me know as i am more than willing to offer my time to SAVE OUR CLUB :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:29 pm

everyone should demostrate on the pitch not in the car park dont make it easy for them

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:33 pm

I'm happy to demo. And I know plenty of others, too. To be fair, I think the majority of Cardiff fans have had enough of the shit that the Riddler spins, but I don't think the previous demonstration had enough publicity, hence the amount of fans that turned up.

If this demo is to go ahead, a lot of publicity is needed. And that does involve media of numerous sorts (Online, newspapers, local news teams, etc)

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:57 pm

cant you work with the trust on this if at the egm its just a rubber stamp land sale meeting with nothing else on the agenda the protest should be unified by all cardiff fans it might cost money in th begining but local press adverts should by payed for by the trust ie echo valleys papers they can get the money back with a bucket collection on the day this has gone on for too long now we as fans must do something

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:34 am

well up for a demo

whether others join will depend on the EGM outcome

I expect Ridsdale will use the land money to pay tax bill and then we will prob get one loan signing from a club who are willing for a no loan fee small wages deal and the Riddler will use this to mask the problem / keep the numbers low at our demo

whatever happens we should demo every game and keep the pressure on

Sack

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:44 am

is it true that PR has banned the echo from the club? something was mentioned on real radio on friday???

If so then if we are going to arrange a meeting to organise demo then I am sure there are people on here who could get the echo to turn up, we could all bring our banners to the meet as well maybe get a story / pictures out of it, if it gets coverage before the event then might encourage more to join in

Sack

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:02 am

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?invit ... 9676188447

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 pm

me and 7 of us will be there

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Im coming down with a few boys, i'll be making a few banners for it aswell so i'll be giving them out to people.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:30 pm

good idea to use facebook to spread the word of a demo against the board

but , like the internet, many city fans dont use facebook

as I have said , the best way to get hold of fans attention is on the street , in the pubs, walking to the game

with a simple leaflet

its no more difficlut than that

run off some copies and get your lads to hit the pubs , canton rugby club and other places like bessemer road and hadfield road on the way into the game

:ayatollah:

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Sludge wrote:good idea to use facebook to spread the word of a demo against the board

but , like the internet, many city fans dont use facebook

as I have said , the best way to get hold of fans attention is on the street , in the pubs, walking to the game

with a simple leaflet

its no more difficlut than that

run off some copies and get your lads to hit the pubs , canton rugby club and other places like bessemer road and hadfield road on the way into the game

already in hand for the preston game mate.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Could an example of the leaflet be posted on the message board somehow? That way we could all make copies run off about 50 each from our own printers at home and take them with us.

It would be better if all the leaflets looked the same.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Could an example of the leaflet be posted on the message board somehow? That way we could all make copies run off about 50 each from our own printers at home and take them with us.

It would be better if all the leaflets looked the same.

i'll knock it up on word, then anyone who wants to run off some can pm their email and i'll forward it on.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Great we need to do something to show these idiots Ridsdale & Co who are fecking our club up.. I will be there with my friends and son I will let as many know as possible and print of leaflets anything to help..

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:12 pm

this could be a big one, the way its going :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: