Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: YOUR A TOTAL WANKER DAVE JONES

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:50 pm

no doubt Jay, Chops and Rossco are a different class to Feeney. I dont understand why DJ doesnt bring him on. Jay was struggling against WBA, why not bring him on then?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:52 pm

Because a half fit Jay is better than Feeney (EDIT: In my opinion, of course)

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:46 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Because a half fit Jay is better than Feeney (EDIT: In my opinion, of course)

Ask him to keep on his feet more Dave and stop crying if he is tackled.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Because a half fit Jay is better than Feeney (EDIT: In my opinion, of course)

Oh christ Annis, if he did that he wouldn't be a Cardiff City player, he'd be an England international.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:49 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Oh christ Annis, if he did that he wouldn't be a Cardiff City player, he'd be an England international.

Youve got me there Dave I agree, he would be, yes he has some Class. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:38 pm

I would play Feeney in center mid ahead of Rae..

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:37 am

valleyrambill wrote:I would play Feeney in center mid ahead of Rae..

He can play that position.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:38 am

Annis is he a ball winning type midfielder? If he is then he should be given a chance. I have to agree with others that he is behind rossco, jay and chopra for a starting berth. Useful squad player and jones must have rated him to sign him. Funny goings on at the CCS but DJ is the gaffer, we are still holding our own despite everything and if DJ were to leave there would be plenty of clubs after him.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:01 pm

I have to agree with some people. Starting games I wouldn't have Feeney up top when we have Chopra, Bothroyd and McCormack all battling for roles. However, on Saturday I told my brother with 30 minutes left that Chopra wasn't going to do anything and we should give Feeney a go because who knows. Who got us the winner in the 2003 playoff final? Andy Campbell. How many people groaned when Lawrence brought off Earnshaw? The majority.

Sometimes goals come from the unlikely sources at crucial times. I don't think Feeney is worthy of starting right now but he deserved to change that opinion on Saturday when Chopra missed two key chances and looked so low on confidence after 60 minutes.

Also, please can Gavin Rae just be dropped. Barnsley's midfield bossed us all day and why isn't Taiwo or Blake being given a start ahead of Rae? I can't think of one good thing Rae has done in the last 2 seasons, except his goal against Bristol City but to be honest, I'm a left back and I would have scored that one!

As people have said, Jones needs to stop making excuses and taking more gambles. Playing the same old eleven every week is making them jaded and complacent. I feel sorry for McCormack. He's turned shit now thanks to a lack of games where the likes of Rae have been starting ahead of him.

Swansea's squad is much worse than ours yet they're not having any problems.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes in the past I have gone on about Warren Feeney prob because he is My Friend, but also I know how much he just wants to play, not for 10 seconds either.

Youve got a team struggling for the last 3 weeks, yet still you wont start him, your a gutless wanker.
I KNOW YOU READ THIS FORUM.

You chased after him for nearly a year to get him, gave him a 3 and a half year contract and NEVER EVER GIVEN HIM A RUN OF GAMES.
Rangers, Hearts,Bristol Rovers,Leeds,Charlton,Sheffield Wed have all asked for him in the last month and youve said NO.
Nathan Blake told me you did the same to him at Wolves.

He has been picked for Northern Ireland Next month 34th Cap.
LOOK AT THIS DJ

Annis, listen mate how many times do people have to tell you? STOP SITTING ON THE FENCE!!! :lol: :ayatollah:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFn5ATHouiI

He could play in 3 or 4 positions, Yet you wont Start him, SO f*cking LET HIM GO ARSEHOLE.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Coupla points here....
1.As mentioned Chops and Jay looked as if they had never played together Today
2.Dave Jones has told the entire world how important Jay is to us,so surprise surprise Barnsley more often than not doubled up on him.
3.Ball to Bothroyd seems to be Plan A,Plan B and Plan C
4.We need a Plan D!!

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:59 pm

That's the one thing that has annoyed me. I remember when Jones first joined and I'll never forget a pre-season game when we had it on the floor and we were playing like Arsenal. We've now seemingly abandoned that and it's now all about route one to Jay which isn't working because, as Kavanagh rightly states, teams have worked this out and are now doubling up on Jay or at least man marking him with a big man.

Let's get the ball down and start playing it about. Sadly, in Gerrard, Kennedy and Rae we have three players who either can't pass or can't keep the ball on the deck. The most excited everyone gets in a game is when Burke gets the ball and runs at their full back. I could watch him doing that all day, even with a 0% success rate!

Jonesy, see some sense and get us playing the deck balls we need, because right now the long balls to Jay have been rumbled.