Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Qu for EGM?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:46 pm

I understand there is only 1 item on the agenda for Weds and that is for the shareholders to rubber stamp the land sale. However there will be an opportunity for A.O.B. to be discussed and any questions should be prepared carefully. How about one simple qu

"Are the club currently under a transfer embargo imposed by the football league because of unpaid monies to HMRC, yes or no?

it is plainly obvious to all that we are but the club has never made it clear to the anybody. DJ constantly says we have to go with what we have got, PR silence on the matter is deafening, therefore we can only read between the lines. Loan players were recalled, no players were brought in during January or have been brought in during the current loan window which ends in March. Meanwhile our squad is in desperate need of strengthening and we are at the point of filling our bench with youth team players. Other clubs have signed numerous players in the recent windo and on loan (Geordies, Boro, WBA etc), whilst we stand still, despite being in an excellent position to cement a play off place. We fell away with 5 games to go last season, this season it could be 15.....

Re: Qu for EGM?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Not a lot of point wasting a question on something we already know the answer to.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:55 pm

I think that the question should be asked though...I have beentold again Today that there is definately an embargo in place, Ridsdale keeps talking like he is being prudent no bringing players in, but I think it's not prudence but in fact an embargo

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Completely agree Corky, the way he has phrased all his statements makes me even more suspicious, as you may remember I posted as much at the time.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:14 am

The Consultant wrote:I understand there is only 1 item on the agenda for Weds and that is for the shareholders to rubber stamp the land sale. However there will be an opportunity for A.O.B. to be discussed and any questions should be prepared carefully. How about one simple qu

"Are the club currently under a transfer embargo imposed by the football league because of unpaid monies to HMRC, yes or no?

it is plainly obvious to all that we are but the club has never made it clear to the anybody. DJ constantly says we have to go with what we have got, PR silence on the matter is deafening, therefore we can only read between the lines. Loan players were recalled, no players were brought in during January or have been brought in during the current loan window which ends in March. Meanwhile our squad is in desperate need of strengthening and we are at the point of filling our bench with youth team players. Other clubs have signed numerous players in the recent windo and on loan (Geordies, Boro, WBA etc), whilst we stand still, despite being in an excellent position to cement a play off place. We fell away with 5 games to go last season, this season it could be 15.....

Agree are we noy supposed to be transparant these days

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 am

PR won't give you a yes or no answer, he will give a political answer along the lines of "I won't threaten the financial stability of this club by adding to the wage bill until the HMRC matter is resolved"

Even if whoever asks the question presses him further for a yes or no he will reply he has just answered the question and he is not being listening to, a la the Muni Club.

This is the problem with him you have to get around the evasiveness, which in fairness won't be easy.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:19 am

there are two questions i would ask at the EGM both of which are relevant

to the board in general i would ask how come one man who owns less than 10% of the club and has never invested a single penny in the club seems to have total control over the board itself regarding financial matters.
How come the other board members and major shareholders of the club has let this man take us to the brink of administration without reigning in his vast overspend on the players budget.
Are the board members happy with the way he has run the club financially and have they been aware of and ratified all his decisions regarding players wages and his own contract.

To ridsdale himself i would ask him if he dident feel it was immoral of him to take a stadium completion bonus when he has failed to pay a fellow director and lots of local businesses the monies they are owed from the stadium fit out.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:13 am

steve davies wrote:there are two questions i would ask at the EGM both of which are relevant

to the board in general i would ask how come one man who owns less than 10% of the club and has never invested a single penny in the club seems to have total control over the board itself regarding financial matters.
How come the other board members and major shareholders of the club has let this man take us to the brink of administration without reigning in his vast overspend on the players budget.
Are the board members happy with the way he has run the club financially and have they been aware of and ratified all his decisions regarding players wages and his own contract.

To ridsdale himself i would ask him if he dident feel it was immoral of him to take a stadium completion bonus when he has failed to pay a fellow director and lots of local businesses the monies they are owed from the stadium fit out.

Steve, think you know the answer to that one.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:34 am

Unfortunatley I think PR will have all the political answers ready for any of the questions above; as good as they are we will learn little from asking them.

If I was the Trust I would think outside the box and ask specific questions like

"How much is in the bank?"
"What is the total of income streams between now and the end of the season?"
"How much is the monthly wage bill?"

If Ridsdale becomes evasive then ask him "why don't you your in charge?" and highlight the sigifigance of that incompetance.

Also ask the Borad members "How can you have confidence in a man who doesn't know the figures?" and state that the Trust will be calling a further EGM for a full financial breakdown and a no confidence vote in the Chairman.

If he does answer the questions then Since 62' should be able to quickly work out any deficit and question him on his plans to tackle it. Again if Ridsdale becomes evasive then question the confidence we are supposed to have in him.

The above plan isn't fool proof but it is different and that's what we need to do, vary our tactics.