Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ideas of improving the Atmosphere at CCS ?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Ok this season is too late :lol: , however, Can you think of ways of improving the atmosphere next year. I say this as I am about to renew my ST for next year and was wondering where it may be better to sit next year?

Less stewards telling us to sit down would help.

Moving the away end closer to the Ninian stand.

Moving the family section to the Canton End.

Safe Standing Area.

Kids pay full price, (less bored kids) Only joking

The club to consider a prize for the loudest stand - i.e a discount in ticket prices in the loudest area the following season

Re: Ideas of improving the Atmosphere at CCS ?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:35 pm

Swapping the Grange End for the Canton. That will create a much more better and intimidating atmosphere. With the Ninian and Grange End surronding the away fans singing.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:37 pm

a good team would help :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:40 pm

what about the flag day that others tried on MM'S board but maybe the club could get it going instead, it would certainly add colour and hopefully pick the spirits up too. To tell the truth I have been too tense in recent games to sing.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Allowing people to drink beer in the stands while watching the game :mrgreen:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:11 pm

CHOPRA19 wrote:Swapping the Grange End for the Canton. That will create a much more better and intimidating atmosphere. With the Ninian and Grange End surronding the away fans singing.

........... Couldn't agree more, is there anyone of influence, CC Trust, staff, supporters club etc who could take this up officially?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:15 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:
CHOPRA19 wrote:Swapping the Grange End for the Canton. That will create a much more better and intimidating atmosphere. With the Ninian and Grange End surronding the away fans singing.

........... Couldn't agree more, is there anyone of influence, CC Trust, staff, supporters club etc who could take this up officially?

doubt it will happen in all fairness mate, I think it has been specifically done to lower Police Presence and costs associated with it.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:18 pm

getting a full house.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:40 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Allowing people to drink beer in the stands while watching the game :mrgreen:

impossible im affriad mate

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:45 pm

got to agree with everyone who have said move the families into the canton as it was at ninian park and get all the singers close to the away fans in the grange

hate to say this, but swansea have fans singing from both sides and their atmosphere was good, even if it was just because it was their cup final

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Joff wrote:Ok this season is too late :lol: , however, Can you think of ways of improving the atmosphere next year. I say this as I am about to renew my ST for next year and was wondering where it may be better to sit next year?

Less stewards telling us to sit down would help.

Moving the away end closer to the Ninian stand.

Moving the family section to the Canton End.

Safe Standing Area.

Kids pay full price, (less bored kids) Only joking

The club to consider a prize for the loudest stand - i.e a discount in ticket prices in the loudest area the following season

I wish we played away every week lol

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:10 pm

That would be great!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:15 pm

A prize for the loudest stand. That's genius. Sadly there's more of the Bob Bank mentals than there are of us Canton Stand crazys! I propose a challenge! :)

The only way we'll get the Ninian Park atmosphere is by cornering the away fans I reckon. Loved the banter. So long as there are segregated areas and enough stewards/ police between it should be done. I'm sure we'd get bigger crowds as well if the atmosphere was better so maybe it would be worth having more police.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Zabier wrote:A prize for the loudest stand. That's genius. Sadly there's more of the Bob Bank mentals than there are of us Canton Stand crazys! I propose a challenge! :)

The only way we'll get the Ninian Park atmosphere is by cornering the away fans I reckon. Loved the banter. So long as there are segregated areas and enough stewards/ police between it should be done. I'm sure we'd get bigger crowds as well if the atmosphere was better so maybe it would be worth having more police.

More Police... cant see that I am afraid. If anything they need to drastically cut Police numbers. They have installed camera's to do the work of the Police , in our towns and cities so why would they need to increase manpower when the CCS is camera'd to the hilt??

Apparently in 2010, The Police need to save 500 million Pounds and overtime will be the first things to go.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Joff wrote:
Zabier wrote:A prize for the loudest stand. That's genius. Sadly there's more of the Bob Bank mentals than there are of us Canton Stand crazys! I propose a challenge! :)

More Police... cant see that I am afraid. If anything they need to drastically cut Police numbers. They have installed camera's to do the work of the Police , in our towns and cities so why would they need to increase manpower when the CCS is camera'd to the hilt??

Apparently in 2010, The Police need to save 500 million Pounds and overtime will be the first things to go.

Overtime won't go when the club pay for it.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:41 pm

They only pay for Police in the ground dont they ?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:45 pm

always said right before fist game not to have family section next to away.i thought swans was good on either side

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Joff wrote:They only pay for Police in the ground dont they ?

Think it changed that way over the years.

I'm sure the police creatively make a profit from football games.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Can't somebody have a word with Ridsdale or something? The atmosphere would be so much better if the Family stand and the Canton stand swapped, this is why I prefer Ninian Park, the atmosphere at the new stadium is dead!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:38 pm

that will only happen if having that family section by away fans back fired if swansea have a pop at grange end im sure things will change or writeing lots of fake complaints saying you are unsatiisfied with being so close to away fans.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:25 pm

they only have to move the family section to the canton stand, i don't know if anyone has asked ridsdale about doing this and if they have what was is answer ? but i reckon the only chance we have got of this happening is if the people in the family stand start complaining about the bad language or abusive chanting of the away fans and say their kids are scared.