Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

1 Ridsdale question ...................

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:29 pm

................. what has he actually put into CCFC by means of financial investment does anyone know ?? We know what he's taken out in bonuses and salaries but how much has he actually put into the Club ?

Re: 1 Ridsdale question ...................

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Nothing... as far as I am aware.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:35 pm

so he's not set to lose anything then even if the club go into admin and we get taken over for peanuts by a new owner ? But he will gain plenty by the looks ............. this guy is the biggest financial parasite Ive ever seen !

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:37 pm

That basically sums it up I think. I might be wrong though, I'm not the best financially tuned beast!

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:so he's not set to lose anything then even if the club go into admin and we get taken over for peanuts by a new owner ? But he will gain plenty by the looks ............. this guy is the biggest financial parasite Ive ever seen !

I wouldn't go that far. He still has his famous £500,000 bonus tied up in shares and I imagine he was relying on a good pay day from them to clear his WH Sports liabilities.

That said he is still a parasite.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:so he's not set to lose anything then even if the club go into admin and we get taken over for peanuts by a new owner ? But he will gain plenty by the looks ............. this guy is the biggest financial parasite Ive ever seen !

not quite true. If the club does go into Admin then he'll lose the £500,000 worth of shares that he has in the club. So it's a double hit for him, he won't get their inflated value that he trying to sell them at. Ok he paid for those with a bonus, so technically, he won't leave Cardiff City any poorer than he came here.

Also, the sale of those shares is set aside to pay his personal tax bill with HMRC after WH Sports went down the pan. So if he gets nothing for them, then I imagine HMRC will persue him to liquidise some of his other assets in order to pay them.

So he does have quite a lot to lose at the moment, but in the long term he won't have lost out if you catch my drift.

But the other bit, about parasite's, that's very unfair on the fleas and leaches on this planet. :lol:

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:32 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:................. what has he actually put into CCFC by means of financial investment does anyone know ?? We know what he's taken out in bonuses and salaries but how much has he actually put into the Club ?

He's put in precisely nothing. FACT.

In 2006, he took out £201,745 in fees to his consultancy firm. In 2007, he took £534,490 in fees and was given a £500,000 bonus which he took in shares. I haven't got the accounts for 2008 and nobody knows what he's had out since then but he claims to be £350,000 a year and rumour has it that that he's had another £600,000 in bonuses. He's probably had close on £3m out of the club by now and not put a penny in. Nice work if you can get it.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:................. what has he actually put into CCFC by means of financial investment does anyone know ?? We know what he's taken out in bonuses and salaries but how much has he actually put into the Club ?

absolutly nothing as far as im aware of