Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Previous press quotes required

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Anyone got the season ticket money quote?

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:43 pm

This is a quote from Dave Jones off sky sports 4th january - “The fans have shown in buying a season ticket they are behind us – and the chairman has promised that the money will go to strengthen the squad in the transfer window.”

I will have a scout around a little later and see if I can find the direct quote the tiddler made ;)

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:53 pm

South Wales Echo 21st December

CARDIFF City fans are smashing club sales records in their quest to take up the chance of a free golden ticket to watch Premiership football next season.

Seasonticket sales hit record levels from the moment the offer appeared in your South Wales Echo last week.

Sales topped 500 on three successive days - and went close again on Saturday despite the Coca-Cola Championship match against Leicester City being postponed.

City are halfway towards the 10,000 target and a pounds 3m new player kitty, to cover wages and any transfer fees.

"It's been sensational," said a ticket office spokesman.
And Bluebirds' chairman Peter Ridsdale said: "Sales were close to 2,000 over the four days. The club record for season ticket sales over aweek was 2,000 and we are absolutely delighted with the response."
Manager Dave Jones, who is targeting Premiership players on loan, said: "Back us andwe will strengthen.Backme.Back the team. Back your football club."
The novel scheme, which will see early season ticket buyers given a refund if the team goes up next season, is a bid to raise pounds 3m for manager Jones to spend in the January transfer window.

Thepayback ifCitydogoup will be funded by the pounds 40m on offer for promoted clubs.

Ridsdale said: "It's been a tough year and at times it was difficult to see a way forward, but we have kept working and the fans are giving us a chance to push on in January.

"Our job will not be finished until Cardiff City are in the Premier League. We are still comfortably fourth in the Championship with a game in hand and will do everything possible to help the manager and his players maintain and improve on that challenge.

Still searching for more :lol:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:09 pm

Dave Jones - 2nd Jan wales online

[color=#008000]“The fans have already bought more than 10,000 season tickets for next season and that’s absolutely unbelievable,” said Jones.

“It’s another fantastic achievement for this club in the time that I’ve been here.

“It says everything about how brilliant our fans really are. It also shows that everybody here is together and that’s the most important thing.

“The chairman has promised that all the money that comes in will go to bringing in players. We’ve got a list of players that we feel we can afford and get.
“If we get £3m then we can do a lot of damage with that.

“We have been keeping tabs on a lot of people, but every game I’ve been to I’ve seen another 10 or 15 managers there as well.

“So what I’m looking at I will guarantee you everybody else is looking at. If we’ve got the money, we’ll make sure we use it wisely.

“The money we’ve had before we’ve used wisely, but this is the first time in my time here that we come to the January window and we’ve been able to have a push and strengthen the squad.”[/color]

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:33 pm

December 16 Wales online - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25399311/

“We are in the best position to earn promotion than for many a year,” said chairman Peter Ridsdale. “We need to know where we are coming from in terms of money available to spend on players. Money in now will allow us to spend. We will back Dave.”

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 pm

15th January 2007: BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 261533.stm

Ridsdale said the club will now go be run by the board in a "totally open and transparent" way

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:45 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 015106.stm

I always said that when the stadium was finished I'd ask the shareholders if they wanted me to stick around.

"I inherited debts when I arrived here in excess of £30m, the ability to pay those debts back was only ever going to be possible with the new stadium and the income generation that will bring.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 pm

4th Dec 2008 - BBC Today programme, scroll down and listen to the audio at 08:43, never actually heard these quotes but contains a few interesting ones, namely: (and in the mans own voice)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/ne ... 764139.stm

2:20 "I think the critical thing is that clubs are run properly on a sound financial base"

3:02 "What I do believe is that directors have a fiducial responsibilty to only spend what they can afford"

5:00 "I stress that football clubs must be run properly, they must be run within their means"

5:28 "We don't spend money we haven't got"

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:15 pm

what about some stadium quotes, i wouldn't know where to look to dig them out but there were some about the money for the stadium being ring fenced and a price ceiling. also quotes on the price of the stadium, i can't remember how much he originally told us it was costing but it was a lot less than the 61million now being quoted by him.
i also remember a quote in his first year in charge, something along the lines of, we will be debt free by the end of the year
anyone else remember these?