I want my money back

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I want my money back

Postby mp4-12c » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:55 am

I believe the only way to hurt the current regime and cause maximum internal unrest is for everyone who has purchased a season ticket for next year to ask for their money back as it was sold under false pretenses. This goes completely against the grain for me as i would have bought a season ticket no matter what 'deal' was being offered. Of course I personally stand to lose out on the potential money back offer and I lose my five year price freeze deal. Who really wants these things anyway when all we are doing is lining some shady businessman's pockets and not helping Cardiff City football club. This action could potentially cost me £1000, so what, if we all asked for our money back the board would collapse. Whilst I completely endorse the march, I still feel it's something the board can tough out, scrape their way to the end of the season before selling the players.

I have already written to Mr Ridsdale to request my money back and he has informed me the club are not in a position to pay me back. I have yet to read the small print of the terms and conditions of my season ticket purchase, but I believe there must be a case for mis-representation regarding the marketing of the sale, claiming all monies would be invested in players.

Only last Sunday the official Cardiff City website was advertising the deal for early season ticket purchase in return for squad strengthening.

Against all my feelings of love for Cardiff City and my desire to watch every single game Cardiff play and at the risk of potentially losing money, I wrote to Mr Ridsdale and requested my money returned. Please see below my mail to Mr Ridsdale, his reply and finally my reply. Needless to say he never replied, not even the articulate "get lost".

I believe I certainly have a case for my money to be returned as do all 10,400 early season ticket purchasers. I believe if you really want to rock the boat and get Ridsdale and potentially the board out everyone of us should ask for our money back.

Please see below my email exchange with Mr Ridsdale

-----Original Message-----
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:10:51
To: <peterridsdale200@hotmail.com>
Subject: Season Ticket

Peter,

Currently you still have an offer on the official website stating money raised from early ticket sales would be spent on strengthening the squad. It also states I will get my money back if we reach the premiership. In my simple mind one of the key factors in helping us get to the premiership was team strengthening (so aptly displayed yesterday) therefore without the investment in players we have no chance of getting to the premiership and therefore no chance of me getting my money refunded. On this basis I feel as though I have been led astray via the marketing of next years season ticket. This coupled with the quite obvious off the field issues I would like to request a return of my money for next years season ticket. (both mine and my sons)

This is a draconian measure on my part but i feel is the only way I can be heard in my displeasure in the way the club is currently being run. The only voting I can do is with my feet and not turn up.

I am sorry it has come to this but unless i feel there is a club to support and a transparent path to our future i would prefer to invest my considerable amount of money and time in grass roots football where i see the tangible benefits instead of seemingly funding failing businessmen with big bonuses.

Yours in disappointment.

Haydn Baker

On 21 Feb 2010, at 21:06, Peter Ridsdale wrote:

Thsnk you for your e mail. Regrettably we are not in a position to offer refunds but the offer remains of a refund if we are promoted this season. I understand your disappointment following yesterday but we are still in the play off places.
With regard to failing businessmen with big bonuses I don't know what you are talking about. Presumably an ill informed attempt to insult.
This Club was nowhere five years ago.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Peter,

I have no desire to insult you and I apologise if you feel that way. i see you have updated the website and taken away the promise of strengthening the squad on the back of ticket sales. This does not take away from the fact you made that promise and you cannot keep it. I am sure there are mitigating circumstances which have left me as a fan disillusioned. I read in the press of bonuses you have recieved for completing the stadium. I have no issue with that per se, however when I read we need more money to complete the stadium I surmise the stadium has not been completed. Therefore why would a bonus be paid. You are right i am ill informed, this is because the club operates with a lack of transparency and a catalogue of broken promises. It is this lack of transparency and broken promises which lead me to my action.

If you had asked me for my season ticket money to pay back taxes i would not have paid. As you asked for the money to strengthen the squad i paid, surely out of a duty of honour you would return my money as you could not uphold your terms of the transaction. I have no desire to seek legal representation regarding my claim and I am sure you are clever enough to ensure the terms are watertight, however you must recognise the soreness I feel and my choice not to pay miss managed back taxes but to have invested in the squad. Again I request you to reimburse my advance season ticket money as i want to cancel my membership of Cardiff City due to it's apparent miss-management which has resulted in at least two winding up orders in the high court this season.

You assertion of the clubs status five years ago is all relative, I certainly was not feeling like this five years ago, maybe living in blissful ignorance, yet i was happy to go and watch my football. I am probably in a small minority and the rest of the fanbase is overjoyed with how the club is run. However I do not want to follow the seemingly high stakes game of poker being played between, shareholders, HMRC, prospective owners, directors, etc. I just want to watch my football team playing at its natural level and trading within its means.

Regards

Haydn Baker

Mr Ridsdale - no reply

This concludes any communication I will have with that man and personally I will get my money refunded, I would rather pay double on the day to a club run by the fans or at least someone I believe I can trust. I will not spend any more money on this regime, if 10,400 took this attitude the board would be no more. However I fully understand if people disagree with me and are happy to keep putting money in Mr Ridsdale's pocket.
mp4-12c

I want my money back

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I want my money back

Postby saladthedragon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:13 am

Completely agree. I advocated not spending another penny at the club back in November of last year and after the Peterboro game tore up this seasons season ticket and have not been since. Inflicting short term pain for long term gain via such draconian measures is clearly the most powerful weapon at our disposal. My support of the club is not relative to what division we play in, but it is relative to how the club is run and the respect with which we as fans are treated. Truth be told, I also feel let down by my fellow fans in that we have allowed this to happen without putting up a fight. That seems to be changing at long last, but I fear it is far too little and certainly far too late to make a difference quick enough. Hope I'm wrong.

I notice on your closing statement you seem confident of a re-imbursal? Good luck, because so disillussioned am I under this regieme, I wouldn't go to another game were the ticket for free, let alone £600!
saladthedragon

Postby mp4-12c » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:21 am

Two reasons I believe there is optimism for a reimbursal, the first being the marketing was mis-leading and there's evidence to prove it, they promised one thing and didn't deliver, secondly the fact Ridsdale didn't reply tells me the ground is more solid than I first thought.

Also, in normal circumstances why cant someone cancel a season ticket and have the pro rata refund which in this case is 100% seeing as though we are still seven months away from the first game...........
mp4-12c

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:34 am

They wont give you your money back, first you see Julian Jenkins and put it in writing, then he passes it on to the Riddler who will then turn it down.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:34 pm

If everyone asked for the money back then they would be in the shit
Mr Moo Cow

Postby PtB » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:14 pm

There must be a legal road to go down that would get refunds.

If(when?) the club goes into administration, then the deal is all but finished anyway.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Any Advice for would be money back wanters
Mr Moo Cow

Postby lostcityboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:12 pm

i recon the 10,000 of us who were sold a season ticket under false pretences,i.e monies for players,should march to ccs and demand our money back and force the club into admin,as admin is the only way out of this shithole we have been droped into.there must be a legal loophole on ourside surely......... :roll: :roll: :roll:
lostcityboy

Postby Jez » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Is there not ANYONE on this forum who is in the legal work and could look into it (for free lol)

I would not want a refund - as I will be there next season I just hope I have a team to watch!

BUT I would put names down for a refund if it was a group lot just to kick things up a bit :lol:

Jez :D
Jez

Postby headlight » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:44 pm

PtB wrote:There must be a legal road to go down that would get refunds.

If(when?) the club goes into administration, then the deal is all but finished anyway.

Trading Standards would be the correct course of action if you want your money back. I believe they have already been contacted by a number of people regarding the same issue.

headlight
headlight

Postby MalagaCF » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They wont give you your money back, first you see Julian Jenkins and put it in writing, then he passes it on to the Riddler who will then turn it down.

Riddler has given money back to one of the lads on the valleys bus. Riddler told him to be quiet about it...FACT!!!
8-)
MalagaCF

Postby bluebirds over.... » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Get him on the Ferret or Rogue traders.If there's one thing that scares conmen it's the consumer programmes.Besides, it would be funny as f**k watching those two guys on Rogue traders setting him up :lol:
bluebirds over....

Postby Blue_Lloyd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 pm

I want mine back too, but cant see it!
Sent to me from heaven, Cardiff City you are my World....
Blue_Lloyd

Postby ccfclover » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They wont give you your money back, first you see Julian Jenkins and put it in writing, then he passes it on to the Riddler who will then turn it down.

They wont give it back because they have not got it to give back :lol: Well done Annis on having the balls to speak up today, even though certain people bottled it - i :salute: you
ccfclover

Postby matty maesteg » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:07 pm

you were missold if enough of u go down the legal route with trading standards then they in theory would wipe the floor with riddlers bullshit
matty maesteg

Postby matty maesteg » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:07 pm

you were missold if enough of u go down the legal route with trading standards then they in theory would wipe the floor with riddlers bullshit
matty maesteg

Postby MalagaCF » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 pm

matty maesteg wrote:you were missold if enough of u go down the legal route with trading standards then they in theory would wipe the floor with riddlers bullshit

Agree, we were mis-sold. One of the lads had his money back. He had to explain to Ridsdale at the club, then Jenkins was told to re-credit his bank account. Ridsdale told him not to say anything to anyone else.
I dont want my money back though. I would rather watch City next year if we have a team. Ridsdale spoke about the money going for new players. Money gained under false pretences. :evil: :ayatollah:
MalagaCF

Postby delmbox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm

mp4-12c wrote:I believe the only way to hurt the current regime and cause maximum internal unrest is for everyone who has purchased a season ticket for next year to ask for their money back as it was sold under false pretenses. This goes completely against the grain for me as i would have bought a season ticket no matter what 'deal' was being offered. Of course I personally stand to lose out on the potential money back offer and I lose my five year price freeze deal. Who really wants these things anyway when all we are doing is lining some shady businessman's pockets and not helping Cardiff City football club. This action could potentially cost me £1000, so what, if we all asked for our money back the board would collapse. Whilst I completely endorse the march, I still feel it's something the board can tough out, scrape their way to the end of the season before selling the players.

I have already written to Mr Ridsdale to request my money back and he has informed me the club are not in a position to pay me back. I have yet to read the small print of the terms and conditions of my season ticket purchase, but I believe there must be a case for mis-representation regarding the marketing of the sale, claiming all monies would be invested in players.

Only last Sunday the official Cardiff City website was advertising the deal for early season ticket purchase in return for squad strengthening.

Against all my feelings of love for Cardiff City and my desire to watch every single game Cardiff play and at the risk of potentially losing money, I wrote to Mr Ridsdale and requested my money returned. Please see below my mail to Mr Ridsdale, his reply and finally my reply. Needless to say he never replied, not even the articulate "get lost".

I believe I certainly have a case for my money to be returned as do all 10,400 early season ticket purchasers. I believe if you really want to rock the boat and get Ridsdale and potentially the board out everyone of us should ask for our money back.

Please see below my email exchange with Mr Ridsdale

-----Original Message-----
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:10:51
To: <peterridsdale200@hotmail.com>
Subject: Season Ticket

Peter,

Currently you still have an offer on the official website stating money raised from early ticket sales would be spent on strengthening the squad. It also states I will get my money back if we reach the premiership. In my simple mind one of the key factors in helping us get to the premiership was team strengthening (so aptly displayed yesterday) therefore without the investment in players we have no chance of getting to the premiership and therefore no chance of me getting my money refunded. On this basis I feel as though I have been led astray via the marketing of next years season ticket. This coupled with the quite obvious off the field issues I would like to request a return of my money for next years season ticket. (both mine and my sons)

This is a draconian measure on my part but i feel is the only way I can be heard in my displeasure in the way the club is currently being run. The only voting I can do is with my feet and not turn up.

I am sorry it has come to this but unless i feel there is a club to support and a transparent path to our future i would prefer to invest my considerable amount of money and time in grass roots football where i see the tangible benefits instead of seemingly funding failing businessmen with big bonuses.

Yours in disappointment.

Haydn Baker

On 21 Feb 2010, at 21:06, Peter Ridsdale wrote:

Thsnk you for your e mail. Regrettably we are not in a position to offer refunds but the offer remains of a refund if we are promoted this season. I understand your disappointment following yesterday but we are still in the play off places.
With regard to failing businessmen with big bonuses I don't know what you are talking about. Presumably an ill informed attempt to insult.
This Club was nowhere five years ago.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Peter,

I have no desire to insult you and I apologise if you feel that way. i see you have updated the website and taken away the promise of strengthening the squad on the back of ticket sales. This does not take away from the fact you made that promise and you cannot keep it. I am sure there are mitigating circumstances which have left me as a fan disillusioned. I read in the press of bonuses you have recieved for completing the stadium. I have no issue with that per se, however when I read we need more money to complete the stadium I surmise the stadium has not been completed. Therefore why would a bonus be paid. You are right i am ill informed, this is because the club operates with a lack of transparency and a catalogue of broken promises. It is this lack of transparency and broken promises which lead me to my action.

If you had asked me for my season ticket money to pay back taxes i would not have paid. As you asked for the money to strengthen the squad i paid, surely out of a duty of honour you would return my money as you could not uphold your terms of the transaction. I have no desire to seek legal representation regarding my claim and I am sure you are clever enough to ensure the terms are watertight, however you must recognise the soreness I feel and my choice not to pay miss managed back taxes but to have invested in the squad. Again I request you to reimburse my advance season ticket money as i want to cancel my membership of Cardiff City due to it's apparent miss-management which has resulted in at least two winding up orders in the high court this season.

You assertion of the clubs status five years ago is all relative, I certainly was not feeling like this five years ago, maybe living in blissful ignorance, yet i was happy to go and watch my football. I am probably in a small minority and the rest of the fanbase is overjoyed with how the club is run. However I do not want to follow the seemingly high stakes game of poker being played between, shareholders, HMRC, prospective owners, directors, etc. I just want to watch my football team playing at its natural level and trading within its means.

Regards

Haydn Baker

Mr Ridsdale - no reply

This concludes any communication I will have with that man and personally I will get my money refunded, I would rather pay double on the day to a club run by the fans or at least someone I believe I can trust. I will not spend any more money on this regime, if 10,400 took this attitude the board would be no more. However I fully understand if people disagree with me and are happy to keep putting money in Mr Ridsdale's pocket.

Mate if that happened, the club would be no more. I wasn't one of the 10k so it's not the same for me but everybody wanting a refund would f**k the club right over when it's on its knees
delmbox

Return to General Chat