Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve Davies off this mb.................

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm

as he is close to Mr Borley be interesting on his take of todays events!!!

Re: Steve Davies off this mb.................

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:21 pm

I very much respect Steve's (Davies that is, not Borley!) opinion who is one of the finest contributors about, it will indeed be interesting to hear what he thinks as the core of respected posters who hold him in such high esteem (Steve, Annis, Carl to name but a few) look to have received a hell of a kick in the teeth. I have never held Borley in such regard and always treated him sceptically, be it rightly or wrongly. For me I have accepted the club will go into administration, maybe liquidation and the truth is, I believe clubs who have been so badly run such as us and Portsmouth deserve to be put into liquidation as opposed to administration and I hope it happens, its no less than clubs such as us deserve.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 pm

[quote="saladthedragon"]I very much respect Steve's (Davies that is, not Borley!) opinion who is one of the finest contributors about, it will indeed be interesting to hear what he thinks as the core of respected posters who hold him in such high esteem (Steve, Annis, Carl to name but a few) look to have received a hell of a kick in the teeth. I have never held Borley in such regard and always treated him sceptically, be it rightly or wrongly. For me I have accepted the club will go into administration, maybe liquidation and the truth is, I believe clubs who have been so badly run such as us and Portsmouth deserve to be put into liquidation as opposed to administration and I hope it happens, its no less than clubs such as us deserve.
you are a moron

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:36 pm

Salad - I have to disagree completely with you there mate.

The club deserves no such thing, the fantastic supporters of this club deserve a board membership who can be trusted and who have the very best interests of the club at heart. The supporters deservs a little bit of honesty, something that has been denied us for a very long time now.

What the club does not deserve is the board that runs the club at the present time. It should be these people who have ruined the club that should be struck off and never allowed to run a business again, not just a football club but any business.

They are the ones that deserve that - not our beloved club.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Why should football clubs be different to any other business? Why should we be any different to any other football club? We have been run abysmally, just like Portsmouth who I believe should pay the ultimate price for there shambolic mismanagement, why should we be judged any differently? To do otherwise is simply biasedness. We as fans have stood by and allowed this to happen, any action being far too little, far too late. Bottom line is our finances are in such a mess, frankly we deserve to go into administration and quite possible liquidation. Should we reform in some lowly league, I will still support the club as my support is not conditional on attaining a certain level of success, but I fail to see how anyone can disagree that a business run as badly as Portsmouth and ourselves should not be made to pay for their mismanagement. I also feel it is wrong for us the fans to be absolved from blame as we have done too little, too late.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Freddie Pethard wrote:as he is close to Mr Borley be interesting on his take of todays events!!!

Freddie

I was not at the meeting due to a business meeting arranged long before the EGM but i have spoken to several people since the end of that meeting and my thoughts are as follows.

I think Annis was within his rights to ask the question regarding the vote of confidence but i think it was perhaps unfortunate that he aimed the question at paul guy, mike hall and steve borley regarding the boards backing of ridsdale.As the first two are not board members i understand they escaped without answering which put steve borley on the spot.
What this also did was allow all of ridsdales cronies to also evade the same question.
I am sure if annis could ask the question again he would start with the others and work his way down the line to steve.

With regards to steve's answer as much as i would have loved for him to say no i have to put the interest of the club first and say i think him saying no might have caused untold damage in the short term.

I know that some people are aware that steve flies to malaysia after the boro game to stay with dato chan for a week(steve day posted on the weekend ).
He has been invited out because he has built up a relationship with dato that consists of trust and also steve being frank and honest with him over the debts something our chairman was either unable or unwilling to do at any time during november.
Mind you our chairman in my opinion was at that time more concerned in getting the best possible price for his own shares(he quoted 45p at the muni) than being upfront with the malaysians about the real level of debt and therefore making his shares rather less valuable.

Going back to steve saying no do you not think there was a chance that the riddler might have been able to force a motion to remove steve from the board and if that happened where would that leave the club then.

In defence of steve i could never compare him to the other parasites who infest the club as out of them all he always seems to be the one out of pocket. he is owed well over a million pounds for the fit out on the stadium, put the seats in the corners at his own cost and as much as i respect him as a business man taking on the house of sport is probably the worst desicion of his life financially.
What real income does anyone expect him to earn from a couple of indoor pitches and a sports hall. I can assure you if it had been a goldmine either the council or PMG would have beat him to it.

On the subject of PMG they were suppossed to build the house of sport to coincide with it being completed with the stadium but werent able to find the funds so it got put back with the councils blessing to be completed no later than december 31st this year.
Amazing now though that they have found the funds to buy land for the hotel.
In conclusion wether we like it or not i think steve borley is the only chance this club has at the moment to dig itself out of the shit.
All that said i admire annis for at least having the courage to say what we were all thinking and i think that the demonstration as long as its a peaceful one should go ahead because the riddler has to know he is not wanted at our football club a moment longer

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:45 pm

wez 1927 wrote:
saladthedragon wrote:I very much respect Steve's (Davies that is, not Borley!) opinion who is one of the finest contributors about, it will indeed be interesting to hear what he thinks as the core of respected posters who hold him in such high esteem (Steve, Annis, Carl to name but a few) look to have received a hell of a kick in the teeth. I have never held Borley in such regard and always treated him sceptically, be it rightly or wrongly. For me I have accepted the club will go into administration, maybe liquidation and the truth is, I believe clubs who have been so badly run such as us and Portsmouth deserve to be put into liquidation as opposed to administration and I hope it happens, its no less than clubs such as us deserve.
you are a moron

To right he is, what a knob
he was on the other board saying he's never going again and now he wants liquidation

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Don't you think clubs that operate way beyond their means should not be held accountable for such gross incompetence? I'm not saying it's what I want, certainly not in our case anyway, but it's pretty hard to argue against in that it is what any club that operates in such a way ultimately deserves.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:57 pm

if you support cardiff city you would never have put that remark down i have supported city for 35 years and i for one would be heart broken as would my kids if we went out of bussiness you are not a true city fan in my books just a complette and utter fool in times like this is when the club not the board need our support and backing people like you make me sick i bet you were up wembley at the final singing and cheering when you support a team,cardiff ,swansea,bristol,you take the good times and bad times and support them no matter what happens.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:58 pm

steve davies wrote:
Freddie Pethard wrote:as he is close to Mr Borley be interesting on his take of todays events!!!

Freddie

I was not at the meeting due to a business meeting arranged long before the EGM but i have spoken to several people since the end of that meeting and my thoughts are as follows.

I think Annis was within his rights to ask the question regarding the vote of confidence but i think it was perhaps unfortunate that he aimed the question at paul guy, mike hall and steve borley regarding the boards backing of ridsdale.As the first two are not board members i understand they escaped without answering which put steve borley on the spot.
What this also did was allow all of ridsdales cronies to also evade the same question.
I am sure if annis could ask the question again he would start with the others and work his way down the line to steve.

With regards to steve's answer as much as i would have loved for him to say no i have to put the interest of the club first and say i think him saying no might have caused untold damage in the short term.

I know that some people are aware that steve flies to malaysia after the boro game to stay with dato chan for a week(steve day posted on the weekend ).
He has been invited out because he has built up a relationship with dato that consists of trust and also steve being frank and honest with him over the debts something our chairman was either unable or unwilling to do at any time during november.
Mind you our chairman in my opinion was at that time more concerned in getting the best possible price for his own shares(he quoted 45p at the muni) than being upfront with the malaysians about the real level of debt and therefore making his shares rather less valuable.

Going back to steve saying no do you not think there was a chance that the riddler might have been able to force a motion to remove steve from the board and if that happened where would that leave the club then.

In defence of steve i could never compare him to the other parasites who infest the club as out of them all he always seems to be the one out of pocket. he is owed well over a million pounds for the fit out on the stadium, put the seats in the corners at his own cost and as much as i respect him as a business man taking on the house of sport is probably the worst desicion of his life financially.
What real income does anyone expect him to earn from a couple of indoor pitches and a sports hall. I can assure you if it had been a goldmine either the council or PMG would have beat him to it.

On the subject of PMG they were suppossed to build the house of sport to coincide with it being completed with the stadium but werent able to find the funds so it got put back with the councils blessing to be completed no later than december 31st this year.
In conclusion wether we like it or not i think steve borley is the only chance this club has at the moment to dig itself out of the shit.
All that said i admire annis for at least having the courage to say what we were all thinking and i think that the demonstration as long as its a peaceful one should go ahead because the riddler has to know he is not wanted at our football club a moment longer

Steve like yourself I admire Annis for asking the question and I for one am glad he did but in all honesty Steve do you think that if Annis had run the question via Ridsdales cronies first and asked Steve Borley last he would have had a different response, because I dont think he would have ?

Maybe and I cant see how, but if PR's cronies said they have no confidence then I am sure Steve Borley would have followed suit but there was no way his cronies would denounce him.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 pm

It's the people that run the club tht deserve punishment not the club itself.

If your suggested course of action takes place will the perpertrtors of the crimes be punished? NO

The innocents - us the supporters will be the only ones who will suffer.

Salad I normally have great respect for your opinions but your way off with this one.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:02 pm

saladthedragon wrote:Don't you think clubs that operate way beyond their means should not be held accountable for such gross incompetence? I'm not saying it's what I want, certainly not in our case anyway, but it's pretty hard to argue against in that it is what any club that operates in such a way ultimately deserves.

You said you hope we go into liquidation, which would mean the end of the club????????????????

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:03 pm

saladthedragon wrote:Don't you think clubs that operate way beyond their means should not be held accountable for such gross incompetence? I'm not saying it's what I want, certainly not in our case anyway, but it's pretty hard to argue against in that it is what any club that operates in such a way ultimately deserves.

I agree with that you mean, if you look at the club as a Business then yes it and its boards should be held accountable as any other company director would be in business. Doing what the city have done, paying highest wages to attract quality players yet failing to pay the taxman could alos be deemed as cheating.

However putting my City shirt on id hate to see our club go and am willing to ignore the above :lol:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:04 pm

sleepers wrote:if you support cardiff city you would never have put that remark down i have supported city for 35 years and i for one would be heart broken as would my kids if we went out of bussiness you are not a true city fan in my books just a complette and utter fool in times like this is when the club not the board need our support and backing people like you make me sick i bet you were up wembley at the final singing and cheering when you support a team,cardiff ,swansea,bristol,you take the good times and bad times and support them no matter what happens.

Ah, yes, not a real fan, the much given mantra.

Do you believe football clubs should be immune to all business laws? If so, why

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:09 pm

In the real world if a business goes bust heres what happens - it's not right, but this is it -

Firm employs people

Directors make money

Firm goes bust

Directors usually protected by limited status of company and start again

Employees made redundant

No job

No money

Same with football - Directors cock up - club folds - Directors come out unscathed - who suffers? Fans - no club to support.

So no different at all to real business - just the innocent who get hurt not the failures that run the company.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:13 pm

steve davies wrote:

Freddie

Wise words Steve, I am disapointed like you that SB did not go with the supporters but your reasoning makes sense.

As you say the real BAD BOYS got away again like sly dogs PMG especially by being clever and not on the board so they cant answer.

They are the evil in all this and constantly go under the Radar. It should be PMG out banners too!

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Freddie

Steve like yourself I admire Annis for asking the question and I for one am glad he did but in all honesty Steve do you think that if Annis had run the question via Ridsdales cronies first and asked Steve Borley last he would have had a different response, because I dont think he would have ?

Maybe and I cant see how, but if PR's cronies said they have no confidence then I am sure Steve Borley would have followed suit but there was no way his cronies would denounce him.

No carl i dont think you would have got a different answer because steve was in a no win situation unless the others had been given the opportunity to respond first.
all im trying to say is i see only steve and his trip to malaysia as our real hope of survival and publicly slaughtering him because he said no achieve's nothing.
At least he answered the question albeit not in the way people wanted but did any of the other gutless bastards jump to steve or ridsdales defence

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:16 pm

oh and its April he goes to Malysia to see TG etc.......... if that dont come off then i reckon its curtains. Cant see PMG funding up the club can you?

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:18 pm

nerd wrote:
sleepers wrote:if you support cardiff city you would never have put that remark down i have supported city for 35 years and i for one would be heart broken as would my kids if we went out of bussiness you are not a true city fan in my books just a complette and utter fool in times like this is when the club not the board need our support and backing people like you make me sick i bet you were up wembley at the final singing and cheering when you support a team,cardiff ,swansea,bristol,you take the good times and bad times and support them no matter what happens.

no i do not think that city should be immune to the laws of business they should be accountable like any other business
but to hope that the club you support goes bust is a crazy thing to say
so do you want are club to go bust or hope it does

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:22 pm

sleepers wrote:
nerd wrote:

no i do not think that city should be immune to the laws of business they should be accountable like any other business
but to hope that the club you support goes bust is a crazy thing to say
so do you want are club to go bust or hope it does

Does he say he hopes it goes bust? Or did he say the club deserves to be for the way it's been run?

MASSIVE difference there - people have instantly jumped to conclusions and slagged salad off without comprehending what was actually written.

Only an absolute idiot would disagree with the fact the club deserves the same fate as any other business that has been badly misrun.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 pm

The club or the management of the club?

There is a difference when it comes to a football club

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:30 pm

i have just read it again and it does say he hopes it happens and i admited that the club should be run like anyother business
and be made accountable to company laws
but to hope are club goes bust is not the brightest thingb to say

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Sod him, all salad does is moan! When was the last time you smiled??

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:05 pm

SD makes some excellent points , whilst Annis had every right to ask for a vote of no confidence in PR and was correct in doing so I think SB knew he was on a hiding to nothing. Hall and Guy aren't on the board and PRs cronies are going nowhere. A vote of no confidence therefore would ironically have had the opposite effect. If SB is off to Malaysia next week that says everything to me. SB is obviously a shrewd businessman, who does his talking out of the limelight, unlike PR who has that needful attention seeking character trait that appears to have blighted his whole career in football. I am sure the truth will out in time.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:22 pm

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:38 am

saladthedragon wrote:I very much respect Steve's (Davies that is, not Borley!) opinion who is one of the finest contributors about, it will indeed be interesting to hear what he thinks as the core of respected posters who hold him in such high esteem (Steve, Annis, Carl to name but a few) look to have received a hell of a kick in the teeth. I have never held Borley in such regard and always treated him sceptically, be it rightly or wrongly. For me I have accepted the club will go into administration, maybe liquidation and the truth is, I believe clubs who have been so badly run such as us and Portsmouth deserve to be put into liquidation as opposed to administration and I hope it happens, its no less than clubs such as us deserve.

The people running the club deserve the punishment, not the boys on the park or the thousands that turn up every week. There in lies the difference form a normal business and a football club IMO. Very few businesses operate in the same way as a football club.

The "fit and proper" stuff has a lot to answer for, very few people in football are "fit and proper". Some of he statistics on football clubs lately has been astounding and appalling.

Why have the banks allowed football clubs to run up such debts and get int such a mess? None of us would be allowed to get in so deep, so why do they let football clubs?

As beofre, the only people that get punished when it comes to football clubs is the supporters. If directors lose large sums of money, then they can only blame themselves.

Oh, and all this "we were promised money from xxx" What alot of bollocks. That is no way to run a business. SHow us the money or piss off. If the Malaysians are waiting, can anyone blame them for not geting involved? Since the Forest game(and before), the club has lumbered from one crisis to another. They'd have been skint by now had they tried to bail the club out!

The sums still don't add up, but when the club won't release figures, is it any surprise?

Is there any surprises now?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:03 am

Many thanks for you reply SD. ;)