Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

They all knew!!!

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:20 am

"The Chairman confirmed that the club is currently under such an embargo and will be until such a time that the current tax situation is satisfactorily resolved. He said the embargo initially came into effect during the autumn.

Phil Nifield asked why the club was promoting the Platinum Ambassadors season ticket scheme by promising fans that the squad would be strengthened in January with the proceeds when the club was in fact under a transfer embargo."

Says it all really - there is no-one to trust at the club anymore - we were shafted!!! :evil: :evil:

Re: They all knew!!!

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:29 am

So when the ST promise came out we WERE under a transfer embargo......... but we were expecting new investment.

Isn't it always the case ........ they always omit the big "but."

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:34 am

ianfens wrote:So when the ST promise came out we WERE under a transfer embargo......... but we were expecting new investment.

Well that's unequivocal proof that we've been lied to then isn't it? If they knew we were under an embargo but they still promised us new players, that is a lie. Lies don't take assumptions into consideration.

The board lied to us. Simple.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:35 am

arabellaman wrote:"The Chairman confirmed that the club is currently under such an embargo and will be until such a time that the current tax situation is satisfactorily resolved. He said the embargo initially came into effect during the autumn.

Phil Nifield asked why the club was promoting the Platinum Ambassadors season ticket scheme by promising fans that the squad would be strengthened in January with the proceeds when the club was in fact under a transfer embargo."

Says it all really - there is no-one to trust at the club anymore - we were shafted!!! :evil: :evil:

If were honest this was a big gamble that failed if it had paid off the board would have been heros if we had gone up got our money back and DJ strengthened!

But they were gambling on future income which failed to come in Mr flitcroft takes the blame for this and was more his fault rather than Ridsdales fault but the board has to take the blame for enabling this motion to go through

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:41 am

DaveSheffield wrote:
ianfens wrote:So when the ST promise came out we WERE under a transfer embargo......... but we were expecting new investment.

Well that's unequivocal proof that we've been lied to then isn't it? If they knew we were under an embargo but they still promised us new players, that is a lie. Lies don't take assumptions into consideration.

The board lied to us. Simple.

Of course they did.

I still can't understand how this isn't fraud.

Monies were used for tax and salaries.......... you paid PR's salary.... does this make you feel better? ;-)

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:56 am

Yes eveyone of the board new we could never use the season ticket money for new players on this they were all in it together :evil:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:Yes eveyone of the board new we could never use the season ticket money for new players on this they were all in it together :evil:

if you remember annis i insisted at the muni meeting we were under an embargo and he denied it now he admits it was in place in the autumn the lying tosser

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:27 am

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Yes eveyone of the board new we could never use the season ticket money for new players on this they were all in it together :evil:

if you remember annis i insisted at the muni meeting we were under an embargo and he denied it now he admits it was in place in the autumn the lying tosser

Steve you did and he lied once again :evil:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:58 am

steve davies wrote:

Cant a few of you at least try reporting him for fraud?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:03 am

steve davies wrote:

and i remember lots of guys saying to you ''dont be so f*cking stupid'' some people just dont listen do they

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:06 am

Baz, we took a lot of stick for that, but thats life.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:16 am

That surely is Fraud??? selling something that cannot be provided and knowingly.The selling point/campaign was new players.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:55 am

Same old Peter Ridsdale gambling on future investment. Hasn't he learnt anything from his time at Leeds?

With Ridsdales track record of gambling on future investments, I can't believe the board let the ticket scheme be marketed the way it was.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:12 am

With the board admitting the club COULD NOT bring in players when they were asking the fans to cough up money for players HAS TO BE FRAUDULENT.

The club KNOWINGLY left out the transfer embargo information. They knew its' inclusion would have affected Platinum Season Ticket Sales.

Would anyone have bought the tickets had the promotional blurb said, "Buy your Season Ticket and DJ gets the money for players in January. We are under a transfer embargo but we hope to sort this out before the end of December". Some may have some may not have but at least we would have known there was a risk as we went overdrawn in order to pay PR.

I now believe there should be a push for people to recoup their season ticket money. We need it investigated so that it is on record with the enforcement agencies that it WAS fraud and PR committed fraud. If that is the outcome I would then gladly not ask for my money back so it doesn't hurt the club.

However, it will hurt PR.