Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Popular bank coming down

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:26 am

Within the next ten days apparently...reading a post on MM site...It will be a sad day, maybe someone can get over there this week and take some final pics?

Re: Popular bank coming down

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:45 pm

I'll never forget walking onto the Bob Bank for the first time after moving from London in 1990, we beat Wrexham 5-0. I had been watching footie in the Premiership (it was 1st Divison then) and things were changing, clubs were becoming PLC's, terracing was being removed and fans were just becoming 'numbers'. Came to watch Cardiff and the buzz i got walking onto the Bob Bank is still with me today, admittingly it was half empty but that big terrace was what football was all about, working class people having a laugh (you had too some weeks!!) cracking jokes and all for just £3 I think it was. Happy Days. Anyone got any Bob Bank Memories?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:52 pm

corky wrote:Within the next ten days apparently...reading a post on MM site...It will be a sad day, maybe someone can get over there this week and take some final pics?

PLEASE PLEASE DONT :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: NP I MISS YOU :( :( :(

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:53 pm

mojoking wrote:I'll never forget walking onto the Bob Bank for the first time after moving from London in 1990, we beat Wrexham 5-0. I had been watching footie in the Premiership (it was 1st Divison then) and things were changing, clubs were becoming PLC's, terracing was being removed and fans were just becoming 'numbers'. Came to watch Cardiff and the buzz i got walking onto the Bob Bank is still with me today, admittingly it was half empty but that big terrace was what football was all about, working class people having a laugh (you had too some weeks!!) cracking jokes and all for just £3 I think it was. Happy Days. Anyone got any Bob Bank Memories?

Yes mojo they were good days in the early nineties on the bob bank terrace, i remember a constant line of people bouncing every step and every step down to thebounce chanting barmy army which went on for around 20 min contstant er..barmy army, there was a chap with dreadlocks johnny watkins in the latest gear !! then we played burnely somewhere round 93 I think there was 16,000 and the bob bank was re-born place was rocking, great days indeed :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:59 pm

ELY BOY wrote:the final nail in the coffin of the club i used to love :|

and still love

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:29 pm

So many fantastic memories :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:42 pm

corky wrote:Within the next ten days apparently...reading a post on MM site...It will be a sad day, maybe someone can get over there this week and take some final pics?

Bloody hell, i'm staying well clear for the next ten days then - ASBESTOS ALERT!!! :D

Sad to see it go but onwards on upwards

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:56 pm

CCFCJay wrote:So many fantastic memories :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:
I really miss the bob bank