Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Danny Price

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:50 am

What was it you were saying on ccmb about us not training at the Vale?

Saying the WRU have outbid us?

Re: FAO Danny Price

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 am

I said that I thought thats what i heard at the meeting but retracted that afterwards.

But I'm sure that ridsdale at the meeting said that we wouldn't be training at the Vale of glamorgan anymore due to the WRU training there

I'm sure i heard them both in the same sentence :lol:

Right off to the docs tomorrow to sort these ears out

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:54 am

We were only ever renting the INDOOR facilities at the Vale. The WRU will now have them and in the next 18 months we'll need Borley's lot to build that House of Sport complete with indoor facilities to keep our academy status.

The outdoor training facilities at the Vale remain ours.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 am

I knew i heard it in the same sentence :lol:

I apologize for making a false sentence but that was what i thought i heard.

Was alot of info to take in knew i should have written it down :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:57 am

danny_price wrote:I said that I thought thats what i heard at the meeting but retracted that afterwards.

But I'm sure that ridsdale at the meeting said that we wouldn't be training at the Vale of glamorgan anymore due to the WRU training there

Fair enough, wasn't sure if it was something you'd heard at the EGM or whether it was from elsewhere.

Pretty sure the team are still training there anyway, and will be for the forseeable future!

Can't remember whether it was you or someone else, but the new House of Sport isn't a replacement for the first team training facilities either I don't think.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:58 am

DaveSheffield wrote:We were only ever renting the INDOOR facilities at the Vale. The WRU will now have them and in the next 18 months we'll need Borley's lot to build that House of Sport complete with indoor facilities to keep our academy status.

The outdoor training facilities at the Vale remain ours.

Yeah I was told a couple of weeks back that the Academy status was in doubt, as the requirement was to have indoor training facilities which we don't have. Hopefully once the HoS is up and running it will all be fine.
I didn't want to post it up at the time as I thought we'd had enough bad news :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:00 am

Owain wrote:
danny_price wrote:I said that I thought thats what i heard at the meeting but retracted that afterwards.

Fair enough, wasn't sure if it was something you'd heard at the EGM or whether it was from elsewhere.

Pretty sure the team are still training there anyway, and will be for the forseeable future!

Can't remember whether it was you or someone else, but the new House of Sport isn't a replacement for the first team training facilities either I don't think.

Sure I didn't mention that. Nope went to the EGM but thought thats what I heard. Someone was saying that we weren't training there but training in treeforrest for the near future due to us owing 500k i think it was someone quoted but alot of these figures are people who found out about the house of sport and assumed we'd been kicked out of there

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:04 am

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... 5497ca5279

Thats the post regarding it. And it claims we owe 50k not 500k doh not doing well tonight :lol: