Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We need a united front

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:25 am

for thsi demo it needs to be huge but we also need to be aware we will get criticism in some quaters like the below message posted. Its everyones perogative to be at the demo or not, but those that do attend can say they did something when the money runs out !!!

Why ?

(The EGM will) More likely turn people away from any Demo in my opinion.

Annis had zero backing --The Demo will have similar-- about 150 people--

The other 19000 like nyself will have a pint and go and watch the game.
Last edited by The Rhooster on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: We need a united front

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:27 am

The Rhooster wrote:for thsi demo it needs to be huge but we also need to be aware we will get criticism in some quaters like the below message posted. Its everyones perogative to be at the demo or not, but those that do attend can say they did something when the money runs dry!!!

Why ?

im there with my little pick and shovel :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 am

I do think it needs to be purely against removing PR end of.

If we demonstrate against him whilst still backing the club, the board, the manager and the team there should be no critics or very few.

No on can ignore his past chairmanships and see that he is doing the same. The board need to see that was are in one voice in this and his removal will go a long way to them earning our trust.

Be honest what difference does it make if he is there or not, he is not a major investor and the board could employ a chief executive and half his wage.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:43 am

Wayne S wrote:I do think it needs to be purely against removing PR end of.

If we demonstrate against him whilst still backing the club, the board, the manager and the team there should be no critics or very few.

No on can ignore his past chairmanships and see that he is doing the same. The board need to see that was are in one voice in this and his removal will go a long way to them earning our trust.

Be honest what difference does it make if he is there or not, he is not a major investor and the board could employ a chief executive and half his wage.

or employ me for a third.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 am

The Rhooster wrote:
Wayne S wrote:the board could employ a chief executive and half his wage.

I had heard you were cheap.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:52 am

Wayne S wrote:
The Rhooster wrote:
Wayne S wrote:the board could employ a chief executive and half his wage.

I had heard you were cheap.

and easy :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 am

I get a bit sick of this 'what do you want to achieve’ or 'what is the specific aim of the march' put down by those who can't be arsed.

For me it doesn't have to have ONE specific reason you can be march for a number of individual reasons which include being unhappy at being lied to over the Golden Ticket Scheme, the way the club is being run or because you think Borley's a wanker and Ridsdale’s a crook.

A march alone probably won’t change anything in the boardroom, but it will bring the aggrieved together and rattle the cage of the boardroom that won't be milking this club or its supporters for much longer.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:07 am

I agree with Tony on this, I will be marching and getting my mates to come along aswell, my reason is that I am very unhappy about the way the club has been run and I want to show that by joining the march.

Others will join for their own reasons but all because we are Cardiff City fans.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I get a bit sick of this 'what do you want to achieve’ or 'what is the specific aim of the march' put down by those who can't be arsed.

For me it doesn't have to have ONE specific reason you can be march for a number of individual reasons which include being unhappy at being lied to over the Golden Ticket Scheme, the way the club is being run or because you think Borley's a wanker and Ridsdale’s a crook.

A march alone probably won’t change anything in the boardroom, but it will bring the aggrieved together and rattle the cage of the boardroom that won't be milking this club or its supporters for much longer.

I was just about to say that Tony! Stop stealing my ideas!

I'm not going to the demo to demand Ridsdale resigns because right now that's no good for us, it's not ideal but it's the position we're stuck in. However, I am demonstrating because I am pissed off about being lied to with the season ticket scheme plus other details and then having the board think that a simple 'sorry' will fix it all.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I get a bit sick of this 'what do you want to achieve’ or 'what is the specific aim of the march' put down by those who can't be arsed.

Excellent.

The problem is that this event is being very clearly marketed as a 'Ridsdale Out' march at present. While that is the case, then support for it will definitely be mixed.

Many fans simply don't believe that removing Ridsdale from his post will solve the current problems. They also don't believe that a march will either cause the Chairman to resign or the board to remove him.

In order to join a march or a demonstration, you have to be in agreement with its goal. As things stand, a large percentage of supporters aren't in agreement with what appears to be this protest's goal.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 pm

I think that everyone is in agreement with the march but having different reasons for it isn't necessarily a bad thing. The heart of the matter is being lied to by Ridsdale and the board and wanting them out. If this march gets 2,000 people (which is quite likely) then that is 10% of the crowd, as opposed to the 200, and 1% who were outside the ground demonstrating. I'm not taking that away from the demonstration as it is a very good start to making our feelings known as fans, but this march is a natural next step in our protests against those in control of our club.

I will be on the march and anything I can do to help the cause, I will gladly do

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 pm

The Rhooster wrote:for thsi demo it needs to be huge but we also need to be aware we will get criticism in some quaters like the below message posted. Its everyones perogative to be at the demo or not, but those that do attend can say they did something when the money runs out !!!

Why ?

Paul and your 300 on Face Book :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
WE NOW HAVE THE BACKING OFF THE MAJORITY OFF THE OUR SUPPORT
by Forever Blue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 pm

SUPPORTERS FOR THE MARCH ON THE 6TH MARCH 1.30pm MIDDLESBOROUGH HOME GAME.

Vince Alm has Pledged His Support.
Paul Corkery Has Pledged His Support.
Big Gwyn Has Pledged his Support.
Mike Morris CCMB has Pledged there Support.

And of COURSE THIS FORUM PLEDGES ITS SUPPORT.

CITY FANS UNITED AS