Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Totally off topic. Get down the the devils sunday

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 am

Go and watch them in the challenge cup final 1st leg!

13 quid a ticket brilliant price Ice hockey such an underated sport :ayatollah:

the rink is being lit up red for the whole night I can't wait. But first on my agenda is Preston :shock:

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/newsheadline.aspx?cpid=693

Re: Totally off topic. Get down the the devils sunday

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:57 am

Ice hockey is a brilliant game, I agree. The popularity and media coverage it gets up here surprised me, but it just goes to show how dreadful the sports coverage is in south Wales.

Devils have 5 wins on the trot as well don't they?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:57 am

i suppose we could take a firm down

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 am

Yeah, I'm a big fan of NHL. Boston Bruins have been constantly abused on NHL on the Playstation for years and I'm a committed member of the Cybear Club! :D

My girlfriend and I have been meaning to go to the Devils in ages so might well head down.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:18 am

Zabier wrote:Yeah, I'm a big fan of NHL. Boston Bruins have been constantly abused on NHL on the Playstation for years and I'm a committed member of the Cybear Club! :D

My girlfriend and I have been meaning to go to the Devils in ages so might well head down.

Best to get your tickets before hand mind as jam packed crowd expected :ayatollah:

Ben Davies is a bluebird :D

Oh and the devils have very simlarities. There chairman is bankrupt :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:19 am

DaveSheffield wrote:Ice hockey is a brilliant game, I agree. The popularity and media coverage it gets up here surprised me, but it just goes to show how dreadful the sports coverage is in south Wales.

Yeah 5 in a row and haven't lost at home in I think 15 games :D

So if you go guarenteed win now i've said this they will lose :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 am

Ben wrote:i suppose we could take a firm down

Get off I sit by the away fans and i rule the roost don't get into my territory :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:33 am

danny_price wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Ice hockey is a brilliant game, I agree. The popularity and media coverage it gets up here surprised me, but it just goes to show how dreadful the sports coverage is in south Wales.

I probably won't make it, going from Preston straight back up to Sheffield.
Are the Devils away to the Steelers again this season?
That was a good laugh before Christmas, sat with the home fans cheering on a Devils win.
Stewards were worse there than the CCS mind, one fan caught a puck and gave it to his kid and the stewards took it off him. The dad complained though and they gave it back so we all clapped him!

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:08 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
danny_price wrote:

I probably won't make it, going from Preston straight back up to Sheffield.
Are the Devils away to the Steelers again this season?
That was a good laugh before Christmas, sat with the home fans cheering on a Devils win.
Stewards were worse there than the CCS mind, one fan caught a puck and gave it to his kid and the stewards took it off him. The dad complained though and they gave it back so we all clapped him!

Ha that sounds about right. Oh no away games against steelers left just one home game :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:56 pm

I went to my first Devils game on Saturday, and really enjoyed it!

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Well done Claire, stick with it!

How's the table looking these days, I know the Steelers were struggling and Coventry, Nottingham and Belfast were up towards the top?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:08 pm

I gatecrashed a Sheffield Steelers versus Nottingham Panthers game when I was younger and visiting Sheffield at the Hallam Arena. Quite a nice arena, would love for the Devils to get a new one like that.

I remember when Sheffield Steelers and Nottingham Panthers were Cardiff Devils main rivals!

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Hallam FM Arena is pretty much Sheffield's CIA. It's not all that tbh, O2 Academy is better.

Steelers v Panthers is massive up here, they often give it a full preview show the night before on radio sheffield. Sports coverage up here is so much better than the egg-centric BBC Wales.