Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Quiz question

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 am

We have debated this up the pub for the past few weeks and we trhink we have the answer but lets see what u lot think

Which current Prem player has played for the most premier league sides. i.e. they were in the premier league when they played for them.

We think it is 6 teams - we have several players with 5 teams but only 1 with 6 if those clubs were indeed in the Prem when he played for them.

I wont post who we think it is until later.

Good Luck -

Re: Quiz question

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:39 am

I think Wayne Routledge has had five clubs has he? Tottenham, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Aston Villa and... oh no, that's four.

Hmmm, interesting question. I'm not resorting to google by the way, no fun doing that! Craig Bellamy has played for loads. Liverpool, Coventry, Norwich, Man City, Blackburn, Newcastle... anyone else? I think all of those were in the Premiership at the time as well. Andy Cole has played for a few too. Blackburn, Newcastle, Man Utd, Fulham and someone else maybe?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:55 am

Crouch and Anelka both have 5 I think

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:57 am

bellamy played for west ham as well

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:59 am

Andy Cole has played for seven.

Arsenal
Newcastle
Manchester United
Fulham
Manchester City
Portsmouth
Sunderland

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:16 pm

NTB wrote:Andy Cole has played for seven.

Arsenal
Newcastle
Manchester United
Fulham
Manchester City
Portsmouth
Sunderland

Blinking heck - we had Bellamy at 6 but from replies above he could be 7. I presume Cole was on loan (does no disqualify him as the question was played in the Premiership) at a few of them (did he play any league games for Arsenal?)

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 pm

squashed grapes wrote:
NTB wrote:Andy Cole has played for seven.

Arsenal
Newcastle
Manchester United
Fulham
Manchester City
Portsmouth
Sunderland

Blinking heck - we had Bellamy at 6 but from replies above he could be 7. I presume Cole was on loan (does no disqualify him as the question was played in the Premiership) at a few of them (did he play any league games for Arsenal?)

He wasn't on loan to any of the clubs and was signed permanent by all seven but as you pointed out I don't think he played in the premiership for Arsenal as he was there between 1989-1992 and only made one appearance. But he was at the club when the premiership started so it's up to you if you want to count it.