Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"SENSITIVE"

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:28 pm

HOW DARE THE RIDDLER When asked why are in the HIGH COURT IN April for a number of different cases, SAY TO FELLOW SHAREHOLDERS(Part owners of OUR GREAT CLUB), "ITS TO SENSITIVE TO TELL YOU"

Then when asked why we havent been paying bills or certain companies are demanding payment because they have been paid.
Once again he replied "Its too Sensitive" to tell you all.

SURELY WE AS FELLOW SHAREHOLDERS SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD AS WE EMPLOY HIM. :evil:

Re: "SENSITIVE"

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:34 pm

That's why it was a closed meeting. You all own parts in the club so you should have all been given the information.

The worry is, did he not say because he knew it would get on here or is it because the debts are so massive

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:47 pm

More accurately, the rationale for not saying is to deter others from taking legal action.

People know and accept HMRC are getting more aggressive these days. Tipping your hand to creditors by telling them other creditors ae doing the same could lead to a barrage of such actions which would crucify the club.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Sensitive to who? Him or the shareholders.

I bet it was to sensitive to him as he would have to admit that companies havnt been paid has the board are creaming off the top.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:37 pm

As I previously posted.

Shareholders are effectively the owners of the company to whom the board of directors are accountable, the actual powers of shareholders tend to be restricted. They normally have no right to inspect the books of accounts, any future prospects can only be taken from the annual report and accounts (which are usually 9 months out of date once published), stockbrokers or daily financial newspapers.

A Shareholder does not have the right to know the full workings of the company they have invested in.

Shareholders are a way of generating equity for a company and a pay-out for the investor.

If you want to know the full finances of a company then you are better off working in their accounts section than being a Shareholder.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Joff wrote:As I previously posted.

Shareholders are effectively the owners of the company to whom the board of directors are accountable, the actual powers of shareholders tend to be restricted. They normally have no right to inspect the books of accounts, any future prospects can only be taken from the annual report and accounts (which are usually 9 months out of date once published), stockbrokers or daily financial newspapers.

A Shareholder does not have the right to know the full workings of the company they have invested in.

Shareholders are a way of generating equity for a company and a pay-out for the investor.

If you want to know the full finances of a company then you are better off working in their accounts section than being a Shareholder.

Joff,

That wasnt his reasons for not letting us know, his reasons were they were to Sensitive to tell us :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Also when asked about the Embargo he said he didnt want to discuss it.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:00 pm

If there is an impending court case then CCFC can not disclose any facts as they will need it as part of their defence on that particular creditor.

I am sure the club are worried what may appear on the messageboards, if this information was disclosed.

Any creditor reading these forums can clearly build up a better case against CCFC and enhance their chances.

Karen and her company have had 1st hand experience of this, extracts from forums being used in the creditors particular of claim.

I'm on your side but can also understand why items were deemed "Sensitive"

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Who's Karen ?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Joff wrote:If there is an impending court case then CCFC can not disclose any facts as they will need it as part of their defence on that particular creditor.

I am sure the club are worried what may appear on the messageboards, if this information was disclosed.

Any creditor reading these forums can clearly build up a better case against CCFC and enhance their chances.

Karen and her company have had 1st hand experience of this, extracts from forums being used in the creditors particular of claim.

I'm on your side but can also understand why items were deemed "Sensitive"

As I know all this isnt coming from you but via an accountant, PR didnt say that either he said he didnt want future investors put off.
Listen Joff as you always say to me, you admire and like RIDSDALE, I sort of respect your Opinion :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:HOW DARE THE RIDDLER When asked why are in the HIGH COURT IN April for a number of different cases, SAY TO FELLOW SHAREHOLDERS(Part owners of OUR GREAT CLUB), "ITS TO SENSITIVE TO TELL YOU"

Then when asked why we havent been paying bills or certain companies are demanding payment because they have been paid.

The worst thing for me was when asked about a winding Up order on CCFC he denied any knowledge, until someone asked the question again, referring to Cardiff City Stadium, when he admitted it... trying to hide behind the details to deceive people.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:Who's Karen ?

My missus :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:HOW DARE THE RIDDLER When asked why are in the HIGH COURT IN April for a number of different cases, SAY TO FELLOW SHAREHOLDERS(Part owners of OUR GREAT CLUB), "ITS TO SENSITIVE TO TELL YOU"

The worst thing for me was when asked about a winding Up order on CCFC he denied any knowledge, until someone asked the question again, referring to Cardiff City Stadium, when he admitted it... trying to hide behind the details to deceive people.

Correct Tim, if Joff had been there he would off seen how PR continually tried to lie/deceive/spin us once again, but not be honest to us.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm

I wasnt there, however I read the TLG report on this mb.

I read the report with an understanding of why questions wouldn't be answered or papered over.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:12 pm

Joff wrote:I wasnt there, however I read the TLG report on this mb.

I read the report with an understanding of why questions wouldn't be answered or papered over.

No probs, Joff if you believe PR was right to cover things up, no probs, Also when he says I have paid the Tax man, but later we find out he hasnt, you will prob stick up for him then.
Like I say its your Opinion, your a Ridsdale fan, and thats your right, its a FREE WORLD :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:15 pm

I am not sticking up from him, far from it, however I can understand why certain items on the agenda were left in limbo.

I am only a fan of Cardiff City actually, chairman come and go.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Joff wrote:I am not sticking up from him, far from it, however I can understand why certain items on the agenda were left in limbo.

They never left in limbo, he gave BULL SHIT WHY HE WOULD NOT ANSWER THEM.

See you on the March Joff, oh Sorry, you wont march against him, but I respect your right.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:57 pm

Joff wrote:I am not sticking up from him, far from it, however I can understand why certain items on the agenda were left in limbo.

Joff, there were many difficult questions which he just waffled around.

Its hard for tLG to put in his report, because much of it just sounded like 'blah, blah...' because it had no substance.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Joff, there were many difficult questions which he just waffled around.

Its hard for tLG to put in his report, because much of it just sounded like 'blah, blah...' because it had no substance.

Thats what I was trying to say to you Joff, he was trying to Blag us Mate.
No hard feelings :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Joff wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:Who's Karen ?

My missus :ayatollah:

Ah sorry mate ............ I wish you both long and loving lives (together , before anyone adds a comment)!!!

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:17 pm

He probably negotiated a bonus if they go away :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Prior to the EGM I thought protests were going to be counter productive. Having Ridsdale say to my face he refused to answer perfectly legitimate questions that any other shareholder of any other company would have got answers to, I now feel protesting against the shambles heading up our boardroom and finances is the only thing the fans have to make their point. As long as they are peacefull and generate negative publicity for the Riddler I am behind them 100%. After the EGM I think Ridsdale is lower than a snakes belly and NOT FIT TO RUN OUR CLUB

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:28 am

RobbieS wrote:Prior to the EGM I thought protests were going to be counter productive. Having Ridsdale say to my face he refused to answer perfectly legitimate questions that any other shareholder of any other company would have got answers to, I now feel protesting against the shambles heading up our boardroom and finances is the only thing the fans have to make their point. As long as they are peacefull and generate negative publicity for the Riddler I am behind them 100%. After the EGM I think Ridsdale is lower than a snakes belly and NOT FIT TO RUN OUR CLUB

Correct Robbie, THE MARCH GOES ON.