Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

*** EGM Report - Important Clarification ***

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:59 pm

In my report of yesterday's General Meeting at the Cardiff City Stadium, I made a transcription error. I wrote the following:

"Dave Sugarman then asked if any of the club's directors have been awarded bonuses in relation to the completion of the new stadium and, if so, how much were those bonuses.

"Alan Whiteley stated that three directors were paid bonuses in recognition of the work they had put into the scheme. He said Peter Ridsdale had been awarded a bonus of £100,000, while he and Steve Borley had been awarded bonuses of £50,000 each."

The correct transcription, based on what Mr Whiteley actually said at the meeting, is as follows:

"Dave Sugarman then asked if any of the club's directors have been awarded bonuses in relation to the completion of the new stadium and, if so, how much were those bonuses.

"Alan Whiteley stated that three directors were awarded bonuses in recognition of the work they had put into the scheme. He said Peter Ridsdale had been awarded a bonus of £100,000, while he and Steve Borley had been awarded bonuses of £50,000 each. He added that the bonuses to himself and Steve Borley have not been paid."

I would like to offer my sincere apologies to both Steve Borley and Alan Whiteley for the implication that they have collected bonuses in regard to the new stadium project when in fact they have merely been awarded such bonuses. That was a genuine error on my part and it was not intended to mislead anyone who was reading the report.

Dave Sugarman

Re: *** EGM Report - Important Clarification ***

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:12 pm

none of them should have taken the bonus but you have to admire borley and co for not taking thiers
is that 100 000 bonus with the 500 000 ridsdale has had on total 600 000 or am i wrong