Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our 1st interview for fostering tonight

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Mrs baz has for a longtime wanted to become a foster parent, so we have taken the plunge and had our first interview tonight, We are being fast tracked and have to attend a 3 day course this sat/sun and the day of the boro game as i have pledged my total support to my missus i will therefore miss the demo and the boro game as the course does not finish until 3, well the 1st half anyway

I am really gutted but my missus wishes to become a foster parent and that takes 1st priority

I wish all the boys and girls taking part all the best and i am sorry i cant be there but i am backing it 1000%

After bringing up 3 children and at the moment 3 grandchildren and 2 on the way, we have decided to give other children the chance of a more secure loving homelife

Thanks Baz

Re: Our 1st interview for fostering tonight

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:36 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Mrs baz has for a longtime wanted to become a foster parent, so we have taken the plunge and had our first interview tonight, We are being fast tracked and have to attend a 3 day course this sat/sun and the day of the boro game as i have pledged my total support to my missus i will therefore miss the demo and the boro game as the course does not finish until 3, well the 1st half anyway

I am really gutted but my missus wishes to become a foster parent and that takes 1st priority

I wish all the boys and girls taking part all the best and i am sorry i cant be there but i am backing it 1000%

After bringing up 3 children and at the moment 3 grandchildren and 2 on the way, we have decided to give other children the chance of a more secure loving homelife

Thanks Baz

Fantastic News Baz, Well done Mate, I know you will be with us in Spirit. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm

if shw was not looking at me with daggers i would have been there :lol: she is only 5 foot and nasty as f**k :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:39 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Mrs baz has for a longtime wanted to become a foster parent, so we have taken the plunge and had our first interview tonight, We are being fast tracked and have to attend a 3 day course this sat/sun and the day of the boro game as i have pledged my total support to my missus i will therefore miss the demo and the boro game as the course does not finish until 3, well the 1st half anyway

Thanks Baz

Great news Baz, family is number 1 priority mate. :ayatollah:

Anything to get out of giving me a pen. :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Thanks Baz

admire you Baz, Fostering has to be the hardest challenge, I was coaching a year 1 rugby team, one of the little lads there was with foster parents, a great kid and the foster parents were brilliant.Takes special people to foster.

Good Luck and Well done :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:40 pm

I work for a fostering agency Baz, if you need any info, let me know.

Are you doing it through the local authority or an agency?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Good on you Baz mate :ayatollah: Does that mean the dog is on hold?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Mr Baz - if you are gonna duck out of the demo cos ya ole mans leg can't take it or you scared of being clipped from behind again - this is the best excuse ever! :lol:

Good luck for the interviews (not that you will need it i am sure the both of you will be fine) x but remember to tell Mrs Baz you will be taking any extras to the games lol

x :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:42 pm

The Rhooster wrote:

Thanks Baz

admire you Baz, Fostering has to be the hardest challenge, I was coaching a year 1 rugby team, one of the little lads there was with foster parents, a great kid and the foster parents were brilliant.Takes special people to foster.

Good Luck and Well done :ayatollah:
cheers, i will still be helping i will get leaflets etc copied and 10 quid ridders notes :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:42 pm

well done to you and your misses matey, total respect!

just hope you dont get a child from swansea, there will be no helping it (joking) lol

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 pm

claire wrote:I work for a fostering agency Baz, if you need any info, let me know.

we have been advise to go with an agency from down your way

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Ben wrote:well done to you and your misses matey, total respect!

just hope you dont get a child from swansea, there will be no helping it (joking) lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: when i take it to watch city :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (joke)

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm

DO NOT MENTION MONKEYFACING IN THE INTERVIEW

Good luck mate. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:53 pm

good luck with the fostering Baz :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:53 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
claire wrote:I work for a fostering agency Baz, if you need any info, let me know.

I work for National Fostering Agency (NFA), they are really good, and offer good support. But there are loads of good agencies around.
Send me a PM if you want any info or advice.
Had any thought on what age group to foster yet?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:57 pm

claire wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

I work for National Fostering Agency (NFA), they are really good, and offer good support. But there are loads of good agencies around.
Send me a PM if you want any info or advice.
Had any thought on what age group to foster yet?
0-18 i can cope :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Glad to see genuinely nice people looking to help those less fortunate than themselves, you have my up most respect.

All the best mate........Andy :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:07 pm

You'll be fine then!!
Most people want babies, but mostly local authorities carers get them. Agencies tend to get teenagers or the more challenging kids (cos it costs the local authority more to use an agency, the LA carers get the referals first). Thats not always the case though.
There are some lovely kids out there that need fostering, some absolute nightmare ones too though!! but you get given all their background info beforehand.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:10 pm

claire wrote:You'll be fine then!!
Most people want babies, but mostly local authorities carers get them. Agencies tend to get teenagers or the more challenging kids (cos it costs the local authority more to use an agency, the LA carers get the referals first). Thats not always the case though.
There are some lovely kids out there that need fostering, some absolute nightmare ones too though!! but you get given all their background info beforehand.
i will pm you the name of who we are dealing with and thanks for the advice no doubt i will be asking for advice, as long as they ont come across my name in the sex craze thread :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Best of luck with the fostering Baz :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:22 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
i will pm you the name of who we are dealing with and thanks for the advice no doubt i will be asking for advice, as long as they ont come across my name in the sex craze thread :lol: :lol:

:lol: definitely a good idea not to tell them about that!! You'd have no hope!! :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks Baz

I could do with being fostered - would you pay for me to go to the football??? Only problem is that im 25 :lol:

Good luck :thumbup:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:27 pm

Thanks Baz

you will love it, my mother fostered for years, my brother came to u when he was 10 he still here 26 years later, and although he isnt blood, he is my brother, and a better one i couldnt wish for.
so well done and i wish there was more people like you around.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:44 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

good luck Baz. i admire anyone that helps others in this way.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Good luck Baz :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:52 pm

What a top fella you are Baz...Only ever been good to me on here and a real character i bet.

All the best and hoping you get what you and your family wish for :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks Baz

Good luck with that fella

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Hi baz. Hope my advice was helpfull. We have been doing it for 2 years now and have two very challenging but rewarding children. Which agency you going through?? We are with pathway care. They are very good. If you need any advice call me. Pm me and I will send you my number. Good luck with the course. It is an experiance.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Good luck Baz, nice one. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Good luck m8. Hope it all goes well :D

Make sure you get him/her down the City ASAP. Get your priorities right Baz and get them a Bluebirds shirt :ayatollah:

Good luck with it. Respect for helping these children.

Baz do the :ayatollah:
Baz do the :ayatollah: