Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YOUR ALL TIME GREATEST

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Goal you have ever seen watching Cardiff City.

Mine was 1980 v Jacks, a minute to go, 21,000 Crowd, Loosing 3-2, they were celebrating.

John Buchanan 30/40 yard thunderbolt 3-3 , AMAZING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: YOUR ALL TIME GREATEST

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Delaney FA Cup v Chester.

Only went and beat about 40 players from right back and stuck it away.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:37 pm

mine is always going to be scott youngs against leeds, being a porth boy says it all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Nathan Blake v Man City. :ayatollah:

The best goal against us has to be Ched Evans screamer for Norwich in Aug 2008.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:39 pm

And Campbell

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Hasselbainks and Whittinghams FA Cup goals were great finishes and made Ninian erupt.

Ledleys volley against Birmingham last season was a cracker but for an all round great goal it has to be Ledleys FA Cup Semi goal. :ayatollah:

I have never celebrated a goal as much as that, I wonder if I ever will?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 pm

hard to pick one, peter thorne, to campbell, to youngs, ledleys and even all earnies, they were all special moments :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Off the top of my head

Alan Curtis-Welsh cup final 1988

Alan Curtis-Leyland daf trophy v Swansea at NP. 1989. I think the crowd was just over 2,200

Paul Millar at St Andrews, 1995

Nigel Vaughan and Paul Wheeler in the same game v York City 1986

The lists are endless mate! :D

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Hasslebaink V Wolves :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:16 pm

my favourite has to be andy campbells play off final goal 40k cardiff fans going mental unbelievable :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Scott Young v Leeds or Ledleys v Barnsley or Blake v Man City......too many to choose from.Quality wise I would have to say Debaney and that great run v Chester.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:12 pm

There's a goal by Peter King on youtube that must be one of the best volley's ever seen at NP, pure class.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Youngs against leeds.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 pm

young v leeds
closely follwed by campbell play off final.........

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:04 am

paul parys header against gillingham if he hadnt of scored that god knows were we would off been noww!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:26 am

I should also mention Joe Ledley scoring v Barnsley at WEMBLEY WILL REALLY GO DOWN IN hIstory. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:32 am

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to say Marco Gabbiadini for Northampton against us back in Division Two (or League One as it is now). A shot from the half way line that received a standing ovation from everyone.

My favourite scored by a Cardiff player is probably Peter Whittingham's against Middlesbrough. The goal that I knew was sending us to Wembley!

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:43 am

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:my favourite has to be andy campbells play off final goal 40k cardiff fans going mental unbelievable :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

wrong there mate,approx 13/14,000 fans all the rest were glory hunters,hangoners ,where are they now f*cking tosseres

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:54 am

bluebird307 wrote:
dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:my favourite has to be andy campbells play off final goal 40k cardiff fans going mental unbelievable :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

wrong there mate,approx 13/14,000 fans all the rest were glory hunters,hangoners ,where are they now f*cking tosseres

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and i couldn't get a ticket!! :cry: was out of work for a few months that year, and didn't have a season ticket , but still went to home games

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:06 am

Ben wrote:
bluebird307 wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and i couldn't get a ticket!! :cry: was out of work for a few months that year, and didn't have a season ticket , but still went to home games

same up in chelsea mate seen people there who can't even be bothered going to watch the city week in week out,my mate and his son who are ambassadors couldn't get a ticket it f*cking stinks

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:10 am

Blake vs Man City cracking goal :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 am

john buchanan against the jacks 1980

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:50 am

I will have to go for Andy Campbell's in the Play-Off Final. It was a great finish but that's not the reason.

I see it as a turning point for the club and it's the first time I had celebrated so much I may have blacked out through lack of oxygen. After the goal my father went under the stand and sat with St. John's Ambulance as he thought he may have a heart attack through stress.

It's easier if we have a top ten though.

Wasn't Buchannan's goal against Wrexham or am I thinking different goal.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:53 am

Kavanagh v Wrexham up at the Racecourse. 45yrds out - amazing goal

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:58 am

For sheer audacity, and the way he completely pissed all over Wolves' defence (and I hate Wolves), it can only be Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's stunner.

He was the difference that season, no matter what people say. We could do with him and/or Thommo in our squad now :(