Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Our Club shop

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 pm

They are a joke.

Last Saturday I left the match with my nephew (who's 6) at quarter to five. It had been his birthday a few days earlier so he came to the match with his dad. I said I would treat him to a present in the club shop.

It was about a minute to full time and the doors were locked on the shop. There were about a dozen of us all trying to purchase something from the shop. The shop security (the black bald guy) wouldnt open up.

Everyone was starting to get irate and well pissed off. For the life of me I see no reason why the club shop isnt kept open. The club keeps moaning about lack of money yet they can't even take the money when its offered to them on a plate.

Just another example of the the big ego the club has and its attitude towards the fanbase. I would understand it if the shop sold booze or fags.

Same old attitude just in a different surroundings.

:( :( :( :( :(

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Yeah, I went in there to look for a present for my family before Christmas and the range of items is appalling. Not surprising they can't get credit though when they owe so many companies money.

They should keep it open though and if people want in, let them in to buy stuff!

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:30 pm

I like the shop and the staff - under the circumstances they are doing a very good job :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:34 pm

EXTORTIONATE PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My boy had a £40 kit for crimbo from Father Christmas (bought in October as not to dissapoint) and then nov/dec the £8 socks still had not come in!

Christmas week I had to take him in there (still no deliveries of a lot of stock) stand at the till and ask why the elves had not made enough socks!!! he had them in time for his birthday end of January!!!

OH and these socks are shit - looks like they are inside out after a few washes such crap quality!

His birthday beding £30 for one pillowcase and quilt cover - thas it! ROBBERY!

They have a few nice tops in there for £50 i would have paid £20 that would be it

All in if it wernt for my boy - I would have bought F.A. in there!

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Totally crap shop. I have never really been into club branded merchandise but now and again I would buy a polo shirt for holidays or a cap for walking the dog around where I live (bristol as it happens-so good for a wind up). However I have had two kids in the last 18 months so the urge to spend some money in the club shop has been greater. Can I get city baby grows? no. Can I get city bibs? no. Can I get city bottles? no. Can I get city 1st b'day cards? no.

Obviously not a great problem compared to everything else going on, but an indication of how badly run the club is. 'Moving to a new stadium will sort out all our problems', will it f*ck! State of the art shop- makes the old shop look like Harrods.

Can't we just buy Ninian back off Redrow, knock down the new houses and build 3 basic stands, tart up the Bob Bank and get a capacity 0f 18-22,000 with no executive areas. Think it will suit us fine.

Friday night moan courtesy of North Somerset Bluebirds.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:I like the shop and the staff - under the circumstances they are doing a very good job :ayatollah:
:o :o :o :o mr saddles you amaze me :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:12 pm

I can put my spin on this.

I took my son to the game this weekend (went with maccynee off here - my brother as it happens)

Anyway, wanted to buy my son a city shirt.

£40 for a shirt, with only a third of the season left - Ripoff

No worries I thought, get him a nice polo shirt or training shirt. All shit. Felt like really cheap material.

Hoodies, all f*cking ugly, looked like kickbacks to the 60's

All in all very disappointing.

In the end, got him a City scarf and a pin badge - no change out of a tenner !!

As an aside:: (the bit that made his day was when Annis gave him a city pin badge - still going on about the "nice bloke" who gave him the badge :ayatollah: )

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:02 pm

50% off everything including sale items next Monday.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 14,00.html

Everyone should go down there and ask to buy copies of Annis' books.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:13 pm

bspark wrote:50% off everything including sale items next Monday.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 14,00.html

Everyone should go down there and ask to buy copies of Annis' books.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: he is gonna love you :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:27 pm

50% off everything including sale items next Monday

Sounds like a Fire Sale