Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Realistic View

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm not one to be pessimistic but I'm not exactly from the Blazing Saddles school of optimism! However, recently I've been thinking about the realistic best option for the club over the next few months.

I don't want to be downcast but in all honesty I can't see us going up this season. If we make the playoffs we've not shown enough fight and determination when it matters that suggests we could win the vital games in the playoffs. We're too lightweight and with the teams that we're likely to face (Nottingham Forest/ West Brom, Swansea and Leicester or someone just below e.g. Blackpool, Sheffield United, Middlesbrough) all of them have more back bone than us.

So I've been thinking it might not be a disaster to go into administration and force the current board to sell up shop and get a new owner in for a knock down price. I might not know what I am talking about though!

What do you guys reckon?

Re: Realistic View

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:30 pm

i dunno,i am just a fan and a decorator :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:31 pm

I reckon that it'll play out the following way.

The board/PR won't do anything (e.g. leave). We make it to the play-offs. If we win, they'll stay, because of the cash from going up, rights of play-off finals etc, I think it adds up to something extraordinarily stupid like £60m. (Thats what Burnley got from last year, I do believe). If we don't win the play-offs, we'll go into admin and the board/PR have to go.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Realistically, whilst there's a chance of going up, we've got to go for it.

Admin however appeals me just to f*** Peter Ridsdale over.

Note for Petey's lawyers; I apologise for using the letters "w", "h", "s", "p", "o", "r", "t" and "s" in this message. Should you wish to sue, I'll be counter-suing given you preventing me from using the English language.