Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

only 1,900 fans

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:56 am

who on this board was there on cold tuesday night back in the day when we had only 1,900 fans .... be honest !!

Re: only 1,900 fans

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:01 am

Rochdale away on a freezing Tuesday night was a good one. :o

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:04 am

sure was m8 .... went on train with annis etc great night , cant remember score mind ? :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:11 am

well i remember wigan away old ground maybe 97/98??? we won 1-0 simon howarth scored and mansfield the year before( i think) we won 3-1 and barnet 98/99 we lost 1-0 i think, i remember the toliet flooding that day and i drove up there with no sleep(i had been clubbing :P :P )

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:14 am

ely trendy wrote:who on this board was there on cold tuesday night back in the day when we had only 1,900 fans .... be honest !!

1,450, 1,500, 1,600 etc

LOWEST CROWDS IN OUR HISTORY.

Bury ,Lincon home etc I was at ALL THOSE GAMES AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:14 am

Freddie Pethard wrote:Rochdale away on a freezing Tuesday night was a good one. :o

About 90 of us, Ive got some good photos of us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:20 am

Late 80s early 90s was main ones for me, loved it though, singing throughout.

Yeah sometimes there would be 2000 and the crowd was low but there was more noise then than now. For me i love City and would love to watch them in the premier, but i used to watch city back then because of the fun, banter, stand where you wanted, atmosphere in the pubs in town and Canton and other things.

Remember watching City play Barnet and Barnet were up in the grandstand corner, it was ridiculous as i think there was only about 2000 there all together but a great atmosphere, i think we had Barnet on our side doing our songs with us.

Great days sadly missed

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:29 am

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Late 80s early 90s was main ones for me, loved it though, singing throughout.

Yeah sometimes there would be 2000 and the crowd was low but there was more noise then than now. For me i love City and would love to watch them in the premier, but i used to watch city back then because of the fun, banter, stand where you wanted, atmosphere in the pubs in town and Canton and other things.

Remember watching City play Barnet and Barnet were up in the grandstand corner, it was ridiculous as i think there was only about 2000 there all together but a great atmosphere, i think we had Barnet on our side doing our songs with us.

Great days sadly missed

They were the best days, but maybe it was because I was younger. Didn't we have to pay for Barnet to come down as they were going out of business?

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 am

Atleast now we can get a hardcore following of approx 7-9,000.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:32 am

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:Late 80s early 90s was main ones for me, loved it though, singing throughout.

Great days sadly missed

They were the best days, but maybe it was because I was younger. Didn't we have to pay for Barnet to come down as they were going out of business?

I know we did for Aldershot.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:33 am

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:

Great days sadly missed

Yeah something like that and thats why they were singing with us.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:54 pm

ely trendy wrote:who on this board was there on cold tuesday night back in the day when we had only 1,900 fans .... be honest !!

i werent lowest crowd i saw at ninian was 2,500 v york

Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Grew up watching City in the 90s for most of it our attendances were poor but we would never have let that fiddling c**t get away with what he is doing to our club

Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

1,450, 1,500, 1,600 etc

LOWEST CROWDS IN OUR HISTORY.

Bury ,Lincon home etc I was at ALL THOSE GAMES AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes, I was there for all those games. In fact, I'm 99% certain I was sponsoring the club at that time & was sat in the Directors Box.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:06 pm

remmeber when we got 1800 against wrexham ..on a saturday afternoon !!

the place was like a ghost ship

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Sludge wrote:remmeber when we got 1800 against wrexham ..on a saturday afternoon !!

the place was like a ghost ship

Wasn't it a boring 0-0 game with 100 or so wrexham fans. Bloody frozen that day.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:23 pm

I've been coming down for about 20 years now when i can, & i've got to say the games from the early 90s were by far better than the present time.I think my 1st game at Ninian was a 5-0 ?? victory v Wrexham & there could only have been 2500/3000 there. I remember going to Chesterfield ( 0-0 i think ) & 15 of us arrived from Clydebank in a minibus just before half time & nearly doubled the travelling support :lol: