Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Do you have a belief

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ianfens wrote:I believe Aliens brought life to earth......and if we live a good life and believe this to be true they will come back and return us all to our original planet.

Does that explain the reponse "What planet are you from" when you have just said something stupid? 8-)

LOL You should have quoted all of the text.

I thought it was obvious I was taking the piss.

Didn't you get it?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:16 pm

jamccfc wrote:no, i'm an athiest.
i believe all religious faiths were created by people who wanted to control others. each one has been trying to say that theirs is the true faith for centuries.they are all based upon similar ideals and are the main reason for wars and terrorism.

unfortunately we all have to conform to christian law whether we like it or not, try signing a cheque or legal document without putting the date on it.

that joseph must have been a dozy fucker ( if he ever existed ), was married to mary for several years, some fucker got her pregnant while she was a virgin,( what did they do on their wedding night play i spy), and he stayed with her. yes darling it was an imaculate conception, of course i'm still a virgin. plus jesus was supposed to be the king of jews, yet he was a christian.

just a little confused are we??? lol

Not all faiths have similar ideals. Christianity is the only one who teaches that heaven is poossible not by our personal attempts at goodness or perfection but by a God of grace creating a way.

Mary was pregnant before she got married to jospeh.

jesus never was a Christian. The phrase Christian didn't appear until after he died and I think was first used in Antioch quite a while after.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:18 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
ianfens wrote:
bwoodblue wrote:You can do very little with faith, but you can do nothing without it.
--Samuel Butler

He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.
--Eleanor Roosevelt
:ayatollah:

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-- Albert Einstein

I go along with that.
I've got an open mind about God, can anyone say for sure whether he is there or not. You only find out when you are dead, and its a bit late then if he doesnt exist.

I just beleive that you should treat people fairly and with respect, love your family and do your absolute best for them. Be loyal to your friends and try to understand other peoples point of view.

Can be quite difficult at times, but I really beleived in my parents and vowed to live my life the right way. I try to make up for mistakes I have made every day.

My conscience is my God.

That's why they call in faith, its something based on belief... as opposed to a science and something based on impirical data

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:21 pm

the wicca religion was my chosen path for many years, it is becoming very big now and is one of the oldest religions.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:33 pm

rob wrote:the wicca religion was my chosen path for many years, it is becoming very big now and is one of the oldest religions.

Religion is the opium of the masses........well was..........now its the X Factor.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:44 pm

ianfens wrote:
rob wrote:the wicca religion was my chosen path for many years, it is becoming very big now and is one of the oldest religions.

Religion is the opium of the masses........well was..........now its the X Factor.

t.v in general is a religion, it dictates what we eat, wear, drive,etc it tells us what we need to have to be a so called success it is an evil thing.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:13 am

carlccfc wrote:in Religion ?

I dont mean go to church every week and repent your sins.

But do you believe in God ?

Do you think there is a higher force, something that can alter situations ?

no carl i dont,but after my dad had his stroke you do find yourself asking for help,