Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you have a belief

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:59 pm

in Religion ?

I dont mean go to church every week and repent your sins.

But do you believe in God ?

Do you think there is a higher force, something that can alter situations ?

Re: Do you have a belief

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Nope

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:06 pm

tangerinetommy wrote:Nope

:lol:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:07 pm

Nope :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:15 pm

The local vicar was on our bus to Chelsea, he said that he`d said a prayer for us, but we still lost. :(

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:16 pm

No mate,not the way my parents suffered.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Yes I do.

Find it very helpful in life at times.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:in Religion ?

I believe Aliens brought life to earth......and if we live a good life and believe this to be true they will come back and return us all to our original planet.

Its all a great mystery but we have to have faith.........

Oh shit .....this is what christians believe.

Mad eh?

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:23 pm

I want to believe, but who takes a healthy 55 year old Mum and ravages her with cancer, for her to die the way she did last month. If there is a God he has a lot to answer for.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:28 pm

If there is it's not a City fan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:34 pm

You can do very little with faith, but you can do nothing without it.
--Samuel Butler

He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.
--Eleanor Roosevelt
:ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:36 pm

I believe in Aliens but I hate the fuckers :lol:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:39 pm

ihatealiens wrote:I believe in Aliens but I hate the fuckers :lol:

:shock: odd name. thanks for clearing it up for me :P

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:42 pm

bwoodblue wrote:You can do very little with faith, but you can do nothing without it.
--Samuel Butler

He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-- Albert Einstein

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:43 pm

ianfens wrote:

I believe Aliens brought life to earth......and if we live a good life and believe this to be true they will come back and return us all to our original planet.

Mad eh?

Think you'll find that's scientology!

I do. Though I must say I've had a sticky patch the last year or so and haven't been too sure. Can' deny it though now as been shown things which for me can only mean there is a God and he cares

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:45 pm

i was a wicca (white witch) for many years. and there is definitely a higher force.

i also think eric von daniken had it right when he says in his book (chariots of the gods) that life was put on this earth by aliens from elsewhere.

i think at times we all pray, but to who i am not realy sure.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
ianfens wrote:

Mad eh?

I do. Though I must say I've had a sticky patch the last year or so and haven't been too sure. Can' deny it though now as been shown things which for me can only mean there is a God and he cares

I still hate the fuckers :lol:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:48 pm

ihatealiens wrote:in Religion ?

Mad eh?[/quote]

I still hate the fuckers :lol:[/quote]

Does that include me??? If so, good job it tells me to love my enemies and pray for those who persecute me!!! lol ;)

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:52 pm

ianfens wrote:
bwoodblue wrote:You can do very little with faith, but you can do nothing without it.
--Samuel Butler

--Eleanor Roosevelt

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-- Albert Einstein

I agree.

I think that the state of this country has gradually became worse as numbers of those living here attending a place of worship has decreased.

coincidence? maybe?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:02 am

bwoodblue wrote:
ianfens wrote:
--Samuel Butler

--Eleanor Roosevelt

-- Albert Einstein

I agree.

I think that the state of this country has gradually became worse as numbers of those living here attending a place of worship has decreased.

coincidence? maybe?

Not with me I hope.

I blame thatcherism , narcississm (i cant be bothered checking spelling) soaps, reality shows , shite newspapers and the pretence that there's glory in War.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:06 am

there is no glory in war. none at all.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:16 am

All bullshit in my opinion. Religion is a form of dictatorship, it makes the weak follow rules and then we had the system. Funny how christians believe in an invisible man in the clouds who forgives and loves, but if you dont belive in him you are condemed to hell to burn for eternity and this is a loving god.

Believe in life on other planets but dont belive there visiting us and if they are i wonder if they have a few quid ?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 am

shinyBlueGlue wrote:All bullshit in my opinion. Religion is a form of dictatorship, it makes the weak follow rules and then we had the system. Funny how christians believe in an invisible man in the clouds who forgives and loves, but if you dont belive in him you are condemed to hell to burn for eternity and this is a loving god.

Believe in life on other planets but dont belive there visiting us and if they are i wonder if they have a few quid ?

Sad thing is some of what you say is true. Have been in a few churches where people in charge are little dictators trying to control and manipulate people, some are very adept at it. Even though these kinds of people have near destoryed my faith in the past I can't deny there is a God. I know you may go all weird on me but God has definitely spoken to me in unmistakable ways (not audible voice though)

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 am

Natman Blue wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:All bullshit in my opinion. Religion is a form of dictatorship, it makes the weak follow rules and then we had the system. Funny how christians believe in an invisible man in the clouds who forgives and loves, but if you dont belive in him you are condemed to hell to burn for eternity and this is a loving god.

Sad thing is some of what you say is true. Have been in a few churches where people in charge are little dictators trying to control and manipulate people, some are very adept at it. Even though these kinds of people have near destoryed my faith in the past I can't deny there is a God. I know you may go all weird on me but God has definitely spoken to me in unmistakable ways (not audible voice though)

I respect your view and your right to believe. But for me, until someone can give me 100% proof....

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:29 am

Yes, Roman Catholic.

I won't lie and say i go to Church every sunday, because i don't.
I only tend to go to Church for weddings, funerals and baptisms.

But i do pray and i do believe in God.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:46 am

no, i'm an athiest.
i believe all religious faiths were created by people who wanted to control others. each one has been trying to say that theirs is the true faith for centuries.they are all based upon similar ideals and are the main reason for wars and terrorism.

unfortunately we all have to conform to christian law whether we like it or not, try signing a cheque or legal document without putting the date on it.

that joseph must have been a dozy fucker ( if he ever existed ), was married to mary for several years, some fucker got her pregnant while she was a virgin,( what did they do on their wedding night play i spy), and he stayed with her. yes darling it was an imaculate conception, of course i'm still a virgin. plus jesus was supposed to be the king of jews, yet he was a christian.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:59 am

The only persons I have ever believed in were My parents, I still talk to them now at their Grave every week. THey are the only persons I could ever rely on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:25 am

No I dont but I'm amazed by how many people do.

The new religion for this century is CLIMATE CHANGE

Our lives are being shaped drasticaly around it

And we are told if we dont bow down to CLIMATE CHANGE we will meet our doom

.....just another myth to control the people

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:35 am

ianfens wrote:I believe Aliens brought life to earth......and if we live a good life and believe this to be true they will come back and return us all to our original planet.

Does that explain the reponse "What planet are you from" when you have just said something stupid? 8-)

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:53 am

ianfens wrote:
--Samuel Butler

--Eleanor Roosevelt

-- Albert Einstein

I go along with that.
I've got an open mind about God, can anyone say for sure whether he is there or not. You only find out when you are dead, and its a bit late then if he doesnt exist.

I just beleive that you should treat people fairly and with respect, love your family and do your absolute best for them. Be loyal to your friends and try to understand other peoples point of view.

Can be quite difficult at times, but I really beleived in my parents and vowed to live my life the right way. I try to make up for mistakes I have made every day.

My conscience is my God.