Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I don't see the point of the protest

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Naaaaaaa...........drinking time innit!!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In my Opinion its Better than Sitting Back and Doing Nothing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yep, of course it is. If I was in Wales I would be joining you. Hope it goes alright for you :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:42 pm

stickywicket wrote:sorry lads,you'll be surprised how big the silent majority is.

By silent I don't mean I'm on the board of directors’ side.
Protesting is not enough. You must come up with an alternative,
I haven’t seen one on this or any other message board.
It’s alright asking questions but sometimes you have to be able to provide answers ourselves.
Whereas the white knight?
Is it the Malaysians or Sam? I think not.
I must admit I liked Daya's post the other day when he said he'd contacted the Guy who tried to buy West Ham-
Malaysian businessman Tony Fernandes.Now that’s being positive.
And no Big Gwyn I don't work for City either.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:07 pm

I can understand people asking, whats the point of the March. Is the protest aimed at Ridsdale? or at the board in general. Personally, I feel that the supporters cannot forgive Ridsdale for the persistent lies and as the mouthpiece, it is him that needs removing form the club. Im not actually sure, what benefit that would have in the short or medium term to the running of the club. However, as lots of problems are coming to the surface on a daily basis, I'm also not that convinced that his removal would be detrimental to the day to day club affairs either. I believe that the only thing that these protests will achieve is that the supporters who take part will at least feel better in themselves that they showed their discontent and that they care about their club in the only way that football supporters can, through physical action (chanting and singing). It will hopefully bring national media coverage to the goings on at Cardiff and provide the general football public with an alternative view to Ridsdales (everything is rosy in the Garden) attitude. I hope its not a one off, and now becomes the norm at every home again until something significant gives. I personally, will feel a lot better, having joined in that when Ridsdale eventually leaves, he is left in no doubt that he outstayed his welcome and at least a segment of our support left him in no doubt how they felt about him. Events will be recorded for posterity which may hopefully, leave other clubs in no doubt that this man should never be welcomed into any club again in the future

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:I can understand people asking, whats the point of the March. Is the protest aimed at Ridsdale? or at the board in general. Personally, I feel that the supporters cannot forgive Ridsdale for the persistent lies and as the mouthpiece, it is him that needs removing form the club. Im not actually sure, what benefit that would have in the short or medium term to the running of the club. However, as lots of problems are coming to the surface on a daily basis, I'm also not that convinced that his removal would be detrimental to the day to day club affairs either. I believe that the only thing that these protests will achieve is that the supporters who take part will at least feel better in themselves that they showed their discontent and that they care about their club in the only way that football supporters can, through physical action (chanting and singing). It will hopefully bring national media coverage to the goings on at Cardiff and provide the general football public with an alternative view to Ridsdales (everything is rosy in the Garden) attitude. I hope its not a one off, and now becomes the norm at every home again until something significant gives. I personally, will feel a lot better, having joined in that when Ridsdale eventually leaves, he is left in no doubt that he outstayed his welcome and at least a segment of our support left him in no doubt how they felt about him. Events will be recorded for posterity which may hopefully, leave other clubs in no doubt that this man should never be welcomed into any club again in the future

WELL SAID, STAND UP AND BE COUNTED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:46 pm

stickywicket wrote:sorry lads,you'll be surprised how big the silent majority is.

there is NO silent majority.the majority of people of cardiff,fans o no fans are morally supporting our peacefull demo,you are talking rubbish.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:I can understand people asking, whats the point of the March. Is the protest aimed at Ridsdale? or at the board in general. Personally, I feel that the supporters cannot forgive Ridsdale for the persistent lies and as the mouthpiece, it is him that needs removing form the club. Im not actually sure, what benefit that would have in the short or medium term to the running of the club. However, as lots of problems are coming to the surface on a daily basis, I'm also not that convinced that his removal would be detrimental to the day to day club affairs either. I believe that the only thing that these protests will achieve is that the supporters who take part will at least feel better in themselves that they showed their discontent and that they care about their club in the only way that football supporters can, through physical action (chanting and singing). It will hopefully bring national media coverage to the goings on at Cardiff and provide the general football public with an alternative view to Ridsdales (everything is rosy in the Garden) attitude. I hope its not a one off, and now becomes the norm at every home again until something significant gives. I personally, will feel a lot better, having joined in that when Ridsdale eventually leaves, he is left in no doubt that he outstayed his welcome and at least a segment of our support left him in no doubt how they felt about him. Events will be recorded for posterity which may hopefully, leave other clubs in no doubt that this man should never be welcomed into any club again in the future

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: perfect,well said .

WELL SAID, STAND UP AND BE COUNTED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:22 pm

stickywicket wrote:

By silent I don't mean I'm on the board of directors’ side.
Protesting is not enough. You must come up with an alternative,
I haven’t seen one on this or any other message board.
It’s alright asking questions but sometimes you have to be able to provide answers ourselves.
Whereas the white knight?
Is it the Malaysians or Sam? I think not.
I must admit I liked Daya's post the other day when he said he'd contacted the Guy who tried to buy West Ham-
Malaysian businessman Tony Fernandes.Now that’s being positive.
And no Big Gwyn I don't work for City either.

Alternative? Borley on an interim basis would be the best of a bad lot of options.

Sorry, but the "no alternative" argument fails anyway. Just because you don't see a shiny white knight means the evil dude should continue pillaging...

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:54 pm

I have followed City through good and BAD times, the bad has outweighed the good. I have followed city on a Tuesday night watching city get beat by Bury in the pouring rain. I know most of you have as well, pro marchers and opposers.

City fans must stand up and be counted, even if its just to let the right people know that we are taking note and we are unhappy the way the club is being run.

We are not causing trouble, we are not looking for a gold star, we just want the club to take stock and understand that they are ruining a club that people from south Wales love, them same people have spent their money year after year going to home and away games and we shout and scream because we have passion ans its the passion that is driving a few hundred hopefully more to march Saturday 6 March.

I dont want to march, i want a few pint up to 2.45 then walk to the game and sing the team to a win, but sometimes if you love something you must put yourself out to try and save it.

We are marching for the love of our club and the opposers must see this, whether it does good or not, none of us know, but we cant sit back and do nothing.

All the opposers will be the first to say, i wish i had done more when i had the chance, well you have the chance....

Join us your fellow Bluebirds as it should be singing off the same sheet, together we may make a difference. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: