Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

woody postie from tredegar

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:34 pm

This lad used to go everywhere with the city 80's and 90's home and away then had a banning order for the stoke away game 1999 ten year ban !! anyone know if hes back or has given up the football :ayatollah:

Re: woody postie from tredegar

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 pm

i no woody,i went up to stoke with him,dont think he goes now,havent seen him for years

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Woody as a nipper now and does not go any more

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:59 pm

I knew him well, got 10 year ban in year 2000.
Up until then he was at every home and away game going.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:Woody as a nipper now and does not go any more

cheers fella !!! a city ledgend in his time :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Used to go away with Woody. Top man. He has a few children now. Was expecting his first around the stoke time. Haven't seen him for about 5 years but believe his ban is up so who Knows may see him at CCS.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:31 pm

seen him in the ninian 2 seasons ago having a few jars with boulton and gully

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:32 am

Boulton and Gully, Another two great fella's. Don't live in the area anymore so haven't seen any of these boys for a few years. Spent many hours with them in the back of transits travelling to shit grounds over the years.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:35 am

Ebbw Vale, Ebbw Vale, Soap and water's nothing to be scared of. [To the tune of Adam Ants Prince Charming]

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:10 am

TheCityFan1927 wrote:

Ebbw Vale, Ebbw Vale, Soap and water's nothing to be scared of. [To the tune of Adam Ants Prince Charming]

i was wondering when that tune would make a re apperance

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:
TheCityFan1927 wrote:

i was wondering when that tune would make a re apperance

The old ones are the best. Used to live in Ebbw myself

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:01 am

woody doesnt bother anymore,i last seen him about 2 yrs ago.mr gully still goes i think,i was fortunate enuff 2 get back in touch with him only 6 days ago after many many years he was on his way 2 preston.does any1 remember dilly(rip)?a brilliant laugh and my best friend.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:54 am

Yes Gully still goes away and is brother i travel with them, Dilly (RIP) was a great lad one of the best and very sadly missed.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:57 am

keeta wrote:woody doesnt bother anymore,i last seen him about 2 yrs ago.mr gully still goes i think,i was fortunate enuff 2 get back in touch with him only 6 days ago after many many years he was on his way 2 preston.does any1 remember dilly(rip)?a brilliant laugh and my best friend.

DIlly was a commited city fan with the best of them , Home and away always remember him on the rhymney train down frombargoed and the staff club in the nineties, Hed show me his welsh fa tattoo and talk about his dog ninian !!! Incredibly sad how he went and I ofthen think back to the old days. Dilly rip top lad

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:
keeta wrote:woody doesnt bother anymore,i last seen him about 2 yrs ago.mr gully still goes i think,i was fortunate enuff 2 get back in touch with him only 6 days ago after many many years he was on his way 2 preston.does any1 remember dilly(rip)?a brilliant laugh and my best friend.

DIlly was a commited city fan with the best of them , Home and away always remember him on the rhymney train down frombargoed and the staff club in the nineties, Hed show me his welsh fa tattoo and talk about his dog ninian !!! Incredibly sad how he went and I ofthen think back to the old days. Dilly rip top lad

I remember Dilly. Great lad and cracking laugh. Used to bump into him in the Glamorgan staff club before home games in mid - late 90's. Remember he did a cracking impression of a fire work. You had to be there. Also travelled away with him in 90's (Transit vans are the only way to travel). Dilly RIP.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:00 am

hahaha yeh i remember it well.top fella.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:32 am

I see woody occasionally on his rounds as previously said he doesn't bother anymore ! I was sat next to him on the way back from Stoke and both of us were affected by the pepper spray that had him !

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:03 am

Went to Dilly's funeral loads of city there.
R.I.P.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:21 pm

remember dilly well - just been speaking to one of his old work mates who now lives in oz - sad how he went - with him in newport on one our last every vist's in the league - took a few quid off us in card money on the way down him and pricey from bargoed

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:01 pm

The Trooper wrote:I see woody occasionally on his rounds as previously said he doesn't bother anymore ! I was sat next to him on the way back from Stoke and both of us were affected by the pepper spray that had him !

I was on that bus too

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 pm

thecityfan1927 - we must know each other then - remember ck,bowen,organ , little guy who workedcin sports centre now lives in norwich i think ?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:02 pm

to billygoat,yes m8 i heard that he had a brilliant and well deserved turnout at his funeral.i unfortunatly started a 10 mth term at her majestys pleasure only 5 days before he passed away and the authorities wouldnt grant me compassionate leave because i was so early in2 my sentence and mr wahn and myself were not blood relatives.i can honestly say the the day of the funeral was by far the hardest day of my life,still we live and learn.