Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

the trust

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 pm

now that corky as gone who from this board would you vote to go on it

Re: the trust

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:33 pm

sleepers wrote:now that corky as gone who from this board would you vote to go on it

I have decided not to renew.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sleepers wrote:now that corky as gone who from this board would you vote to go on it

I have decided not to renew.

Why?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 pm

why is that or is it private annis

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 pm

I only joined because, Corky was a friend and an honest straight down the middle, great leader,I have no interest in people like TLG running it, but thats just my opinion, believe it or not were friends.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I only joined because, Corky was a friend and an honest straight down the middle, great leader,I have no interest in people like TLG running it.

Annis, you have a vote like every other member.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I only joined because, Corky was a friend and an honest straight down the middle, great leader,I have no interest in people like TLG running it.

Then why not stand for election yourself?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Problem is for most people is having the time to dedicate to it.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:49 pm

I know I write books, but I have never been a pen pusher, I believe in action not words.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:58 pm

Eddie May wrote:I wont be renewing either, they dont achieve anything. just my opinion.

If you are a member why not put yourself forward and try to change that?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Eddie May wrote:
Corkrey wrote:
Eddie May wrote:I wont be renewing either, they dont achieve anything. just my opinion.

If you are a member why not put yourself forward and try to change that?

the one honest fair person who tried for us has gone, thats it for me as well.

there are lots of honest fair people involved in the trust

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Sludge you go as chairman,And I will renew. A man of the people. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:08 pm

it seems that people have a problem with one member of the trust but you cannot tarnish the trust just because of one
person and if there is a problem with this one person surely the way to make sure everything runs smoothly is to be on the trust or a member then you have got more of a say how it runs and what the future holds for the trust

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Given the state of the Club at the moment I don't think anyone has achieved anything.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:16 pm

They've achieved quite a bit IMO, lower prices on food/drink, pre-season friendlies, etc.

I'll be renewing most probably.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:19 pm

I'll definitely renew......... if we haven't a Trust / supporters organisation then I believe we'll be really shagged.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:22 pm

whys that then annis whats your beef with TLG?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:26 pm

undybluebird wrote:

As a person, I have always got on with him, but because we didnt do this march through the Trust and get his backing for 3 weeks now he has belittled it, Fair enough if he doe not want to go on it, I have no probs, but he goes out of his way to belittle it and I have told him tonight, he has gone to far.

Corky, Keith, Mike and few other main members are marching :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
undybluebird wrote:

As a person, I have always got on with him, but because we didnt do this march through the Trust and get his backing for 3 weeks now he has belittled it, Fair enough if he doe not want to go on it, I have no probs, but he goes out of his way to belittle it and I have told him tonight, he has gone to far.

Corky, Keith, Mike and few other main members are marching :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, in my opinion, the last thing we need now is people not renewing their Trust membership and your mates on here will follow your lead like they always do. If there's someone on the Trust committee that people don't like, it's easy to vote them off at the AGM in April (it's a pity it ain't that simple down at CCFC though). :D

As you know, I'm supporting the march because we have every right to protest about what's happened at the Club but once the march is done and dusted, we still need a Supporters Trust - more than ever at mo. Unfortunately, all this dissent about the march has divided fans and that's played right into Ridsdale's hands. If we let it cost us Trust members as well, the CCFC Board's "divide and conquer" tactics will have worked even better than they planned. Don't let them get away with it,folks.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:49 am

sleepers wrote:it seems that people have a problem with one member of the trust but you cannot tarnish the trust just because of one
person and if there is a problem with this one person surely the way to make sure everything runs smoothly is to be on the trust or a member then you have got more of a say how it runs and what the future holds for the trust

But TLG is one of the more shall I say 'outspoken' members, and at present it appears that he's banging the same drum that is coming out of the 'boardroom, i've read numerous posts on Mikes messageboard relating to 'getting behind the board', 'backing Steve Borley', 'what will marching prove' etc. that it feels almost like the Supporters Trust is an extension of the corrupt board of chimps we have in charge of our club.

Surely The Trust is by the people, for the people.

I always get the feeling when TLG posts one of his quizical replies that he has inside knowledge, if that is the case he should part with that info to put the supporters minds at ease, if he's one of us then surely he can understand why fans are confused and are acting in a knee jerk manner, we know nothing about what is actually going on behind closed doors, it's a fear of the unknown that is causing people to want to stand up for their club. If TLG knows anything then he should also tell his Trust members, if he doesn't know anything then what is the point of The Trusts existence..?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:22 am

Splott-light wrote:
sleepers wrote:it seems that people have a problem with one member of the trust but you cannot tarnish the trust just because of one

But TLG is one of the more shall I say 'outspoken' members, and at present it appears that he's banging the same drum that is coming out of the 'boardroom, i've read numerous posts on Mikes messageboard relating to 'getting behind the board', 'backing Steve Borley', 'what will marching prove' etc. that it feels almost like the Supporters Trust is an extension of the corrupt board of chimps we have in charge of our club.

Surely The Trust is by the people, for the people.

I always get the feeling when TLG posts one of his quizical replies that he has inside knowledge, if that is the case he should part with that info to put the supporters minds at ease, if he's one of us then surely he can understand why fans are confused and are acting in a knee jerk manner, we know nothing about what is actually going on behind closed doors, it's a fear of the unknown that is causing people to want to stand up for their club. If TLG knows anything then he should also tell his Trust members, if he doesn't know anything then what is the point of The Trusts existence..?

Peter,
He thinks he has inside knowledge,but most lately for months has been wrong as Ridsdale himself doesnt know what he is doing anymore. :lol:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 am

Mike, I would love us all to be as one, but that isnt life really, but Saturday will show that the fans are still a force to be answered too and that we care and are passionate still about OUR CLUB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:As a person, I have always got on with him, but because we didnt do this march through the Trust and get his backing for 3 weeks now he has belittled it, Fair enough if he doe not want to go on it, I have no probs, but he goes out of his way to belittle it and I have told him tonight, he has gone to far.

Annis as the saying goes "it takes all sorts"

Personally I think TLG has shown poor judgement in not backing the march and like you I'm annoyed with him as he does seem to be over influential on the Trust Board.

But don't walk away from the Trust it definitely has its place. As members we all have a voice and should use that voice democratically for change.

I know TLG has done good work for the Trust but maybe he is now becoming a disruptive and divisive influence. Come April I’m sorry to say will not vote for TLG in the TB elections and I know of several others who feel the same.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:As a person, I have always got on with him, but because we didnt do this march through the Trust and get his backing for 3 weeks now he has belittled it, Fair enough if he doe not want to go on it, I have no probs, but he goes out of his way to belittle it and I have told him tonight, he has gone to far.

Annis as the saying goes "it takes all sorts"

Personally I think TLG has shown poor judgement in not backing the march and like you I'm annoyed with him as he does seem to be over influential on the Trust Board.

But don't walk away from the Trust it definitely has its place. As members we all have a voice and should use that voice democratically for change.

I know TLG has done good work for the Trust but maybe he is now becoming a disruptive and divisive influence. Come April I’m sorry to say will not vote for TLG in the TB elections and I know of several others who feel the same.

TLG has every right to not back the march. Everyone has that right.

When it comes to his usual snide manner of shooting down the march, then it's bordering on being out of order. We know you don't think the march will achieve anything, we know you really don't want it to achieve anything because you don't want anything to be more effective than the trusts approach, we get it. Just get over it!

The Trust has shown it can do community efforts. When it comes to any real power over the club, well, forcing another EGM will hardly work given the previous EGM! And that relies upon other people's shares. I really can't see an effective difference between the Trust and a well organised Supporters club.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:55 pm

there is a huge difference between a supporters club and a trust

almost every club that has gone into financial trouble has formed a trust

the supporters club do a superb job , but a different one

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Sludge wrote:there is a huge difference between a supporters club and a trust

almost every club that has gone into financial trouble has formed a trust

the supporters club do a superb job , but a different one

But, Sludge, so far the Trust hasn't done anything a well organised supporters club cannot, surely?

You don't need a Trust to force an EGM - just any affiliation that can bring together enough shares.
You don't need a Trust to organise and publicise a demo march - as Saturday shows.

I get the "subscription fee to fund buying of shares" angle, but that's not in itself necessarily feasible. You take over a club, would you necessarily want a Trust, representing what, 6% of fans ( using 15,000 ST holders as a base ) on your board or with access to board meetings? Especially if you're never met that representative, had no reason to trust them?

I get the whole theory when running at a far lower level than this. Non league clubs, sure, fan Trusts can run small businesses like that - the fanbase is pretty small in comparison, so any Trust would represent a far higher proportion of that fanbase.

But say our trust got enough power to buy the club out of admin - will never happen, but humour me. How would the club be run? Who would run it? trust advertise for a capable CEO / Chairman - fair enough. Who appoints the person? Trust officials? Do trust members have any say in such appointments?

At this level, it would be a logical nightmare - and also bears saying Trusts don't run clubs at this level. Jacks, AFAIK, there's Trust representation on the board, which is a different kettle of fish.

So realistically, it;'s effectively a lobbying group. Which in itself isn't bad, if it's well run.

As you might guess, Sludge, I'm not a Trust member. Were members balloted over the possibility of Trust involvement "officially" in a protest? Were Trust members balloted with regard to the EGM tactic?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:00 pm

the supporters club didnt request an egm though, did they ?

its a very well organised group but it hasnt requested anything

in fact vince alm was hauled over the coals by people when he put up a post saying we should stick with ridsdale !

as far as I am aware nobody took any concerete action until the trust was formed

what you have to remember is that when the idea of a trust was first brought up it was shouted down ...maybe in the same way some people have shouted down the march

people are going to ask the same questions of this march ..who are you reprsenting ...only 2000 turn up ...well how can the march reprsent the fans feeling ?

thats whats going to happen folks !

if the trust is critisised for only representing a small faction of the fan base..then unless everyone marches on saturday ..you will get the same critisism of the march

cant you see that you are doing exactly the same as people who slag off the march ?

but are doing it about the trust ?

why the f**k cant cardiff fans stop all this bullshit bickering and just get on with things ?

and for the record I have formally requested that the trust ballot its members on support for future marches , via email, about ten minutes ago

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:41 pm

The point is, though, Sludge, is 2k march then that's double the trust membership, is it not? On a march organised virally through media and message boards.

No, the supporters club didn't request an EGM. Hence why I compared the trust to a well organised Supporters club. Even so, the EGM route failed - because it seemed to be the only tactic adopted and the club trumped that tactic by having to call an EGM themselves anyway! The major successes claimed by the trust - community stuff is nothing, as I've said, a well organised supporters club couldn't have done.

Now there will be a meeting which again achieves little; this march has been far, far better publicised than the trust activities. And that's what rubs peoples backs up on both sides, Sludge. People are commonly told Trust this, Trust that. To the extent you're almost marginalised, not a real fan if you're not a member. And yes, individual people within the Trust are responsible for that, not the Trust per se.

I just happen to believe this march with reflect the views of people to a far greater degree than that of the Trust actions so far.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Why cant we for once just all be united and Fans come together :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: