Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Support a March MORE IMPORTANT Than Ours....

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:03 am

If you can spare 15 minutes this afternoon get your arses into the city centre.

The Welsh Guards are having a homecoming march through the city centre. I have sorted myself some out of office work so that I can be there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/8548344.stm

Re: Support a March MORE IMPORTANT Than Ours....

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 am

Yes if you can get yourselves down there and show the lads how much support they got.

I know from personal experience that the support for "civvies" gives you such a lift.
Unfortunately I really didn't get much, as I had the shit kicked out of me by a few lads calling me a murder when I got back from Iraq in 2003.
Hey how times change.

Well done lads, Welcome home and RIP to all you commrades that never returned.

Also mark 26 June down in your diaries as that is Armed Forces day. The main one this year will be held in Cardiff.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:02 am

[quote="KyleV"]

I know from personal experience that the support for "civvies" gives you such a lift.
Unfortunately I really didn't get much, as I had the shit kicked out of me by a few lads calling me a murder when I got back from Iraq in 2003.
Hey how times change.

What bunch of cunts! People who joined the antiwar bandwagon without knowledge of whats happening.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 am

Yeah, didn't even know me.

I had a few people who I hadn't seen for a while come up and welcome me home, but there was a few lads (3 or 4 can't quiet remember) giving sly comments. Anyways after a large amount of alcohol I decided to walk home. All of a sudden I get smacked from behind then the Murder bit starts and they all pile in.
Put me in hospital for a few days.

Still no idea who they were, never seen them since (I am still looking, 7 years on :evil: ).

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:45 am

Though Id feel sorry for any poor young fella getting killed......... please spare me heroes.....what a fantastic job they are doing. etc.

Politicians and Chiefs of staff know they will achieve little.

Glorifying War is glorifying their death.