Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS TO ME IS THE BIG ONE

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:41 pm

Leeds Utd v Man Utd Carling Cup.
If you think Cardiff v Swansea is Big, this is beyond, the hatred is sacred, Our Match is prob one of the only games our fans cant walk down the same street as each other, well this is just the same but on a much bigger scale.
It will be interesting Leeds want their full allocation about 12,000, If any one wants to see the most hated match in the English league this is the one, it goes back hundreds of years of Lancashire v Yorkshire.

Leeds dont hate Sheffields/Barnsleys/Huddersfield/Bradford etc, they hate Leeds but Leeds laugh at these teams, its MAN UTD THEY HATE.

Same with MAN UTD They dont care about Bolton/Blackburn/Burnley etc just Leeds UTD and MAN CITY.

This is the big one I promise you for atmosphere in todays era.

Re: THIS TO ME IS THE BIG ONE

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:47 pm

Are you sure, Annis. I have mates who are dyed in the wool United and, yes, they hate them with a passion. But it's the scousers that are their first hate, followed by Leeds and Man City. Having been to a couple of West Ham v Millwall games back in the 80s and early 90s, I'd say that for hatred, this beats Utd v Leeds, but only just

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm

12,000 is it a bubble,personly i thinck leeds are overated :D

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:50 pm

Man U hate Liverpool more than Leeds.

Granted its a big one for Leeds, but for manchester fans Liverpool is the Number 1 hatred match.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 pm

I think Leeds hate Man u - more than Man u hate Leeds?

the Leeds fan base is huge with 38,000 people still attending league 1 football...... They deserve as much allocation as they are can get..... is it 15% of the capacity in the FA cup?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:54 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Are you sure, Annis. I have mates who are dyed in the wool United and, yes, they hate them with a passion. But it's the scousers that are their first hate, followed by Leeds and Man City. Having been to a couple of West Ham v Millwall games back in the 80s and early 90s, I'd say that for hatred, this beats Utd v Leeds, but only just

Millwall v Westham I have been to on 3 occasions that was up there in the 80's with them.
The last time Man Utd went to Leeds, 300 Man Utd went to a leeds Council estate and fought the worst running battles I have ever seen on on a video.

Liverpool/Man Utd has calmed down beyond since the 80's.
If they let 12,000 Leeds go watch out.
Man Utd only last week sang about Leeds for virtually the whole game in the Champions league game.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:55 pm

It's massive, but Leeds only had a11,000 crowd last night, including the away support, you'd think they'd have packed the place.Saying that mind "Their not famous any more,their not famous any more"

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:58 pm

BigGwynram wrote:It's massive, but Leeds only had a11,000 crowd last night, including the away support, you'd think they'd have packed the place.Saying that mind "Their not famous any more,their not famous any more"

:lol:

I am gob smacked by that crowd, they had 36,000 at home on Sat.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 pm

36,000 at home is impressive at that level, yeah, but people do tend to flock to watch a winning side. I wonder what that crowd would have been like if Leeds were 10th. 19,000 (which is still impressive) would have been more like it, seeing as that was what they were getting last season when they weren't exactly setting the division alight (unlike the chip vans at Bradford!! :lol: )

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Man u's big game is Livepool, Leeds hate of man u's is like jerks v us.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Original Roath. wrote:Man u's big game is Livepool, Leeds hate of man u's is like jerks v us.

:lol:

Good one.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:37 pm

this game is massive and i mean massive, hatred is like us and the nerds.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:17 pm

BigGwynram wrote:It's massive, but Leeds only had a11,000 crowd last night, including the away support, you'd think they'd have packed the place.Saying that mind "Their not famous any more,their not famous any more"

Don't forget mind they had Huddersfield on Saturday, thats why there was such a big crowd.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:21 pm

This is going to be one they havnt played each other in a long time there will be blood.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:57 am

lagerlewis wrote:This is going to be one they havnt played each other in a long time there will be blood.

Just like Millwall and West Ham hadn't played each other for 4 or 5 years, Leeds v Manure is the same

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:08 am

Leeds have been given an allocation of 8500

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/fa-cup- ... 85_1899303

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:35 am

If Leeds were at home I would say that it would be one hell of a feisty affair, similar to us versus Leeds in 2002. However, because Man Utd are at home I have a feeling this game will pass with little notice and Man Utd will get a comfortable 2-0 or 3-0 win. I hope I am wrong though because the FA Cup was made for games like this!