Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just received This from a Football Fan/Author

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Sent to me from David Williams from Jordan

David Rhys Williams 04 March at 18:31
HI mate,

Thought i would get in touch before Saturday and let you know why it is so worthwhile that the club (and in fact the game) is returned to the fans.

Last night i watched Jordan qualify for the Asian Cup with a 2-1 win over Singapore. It was a night that, I believe, saw the game here returned to the people that genuinely love it most - the fans.

One of the country's richest men bought every single ticket (30,000) so it meant the game was free of charge for anyone to attend on a first come first served basis. The stadium was full three hours before kick off.

Another millionaire bought 10,000 shirts and gave them free of charge at the stadium to fans, and the players, who earn no more than 1,000 dollars a month, gave their entire match fees (two months wages) to a charity that supports ex players falling into difficulty.

A syndicate of fans paid for the TV rights and ensured they were shown on terrestial TV so that every citizen could watch too.

To celebrate, the Jordan FA announced that all games will be free of charge to attend til the end of season.

In a nutshell, the idea of football and money was out of the window. It was all about being united, everyone being equal and to ensure that if people had means, they used it to benefit those fans that could not have otherwise watched the game.

Compare that to the crap that we are witnessing at Cardiff and indeed every club in the country and it is time that the fans make a stand and say enough is enough.

That time is coming Saturday Annis and what you are doing should be replicated at every club up and down the country.

Football can no longer be prostituted for the rich to get richer and fan power must win through.

Best of luck and I hope it makes the impact we all wish for otherwise the club, and the game, is another step closer to dying.

Dave

Re: Just received This from a Football Fan/Author

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:02 pm

That is football

:ayatollah:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:41 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Dave what a great tale and I hope you are right and others follow OUR lead :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Any chance of getting one of those Jordanian Millionaires interested in our club ? :lol:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Fantastic tale.

Can’t see it repeated in Europe though sadly. Money is King

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:09 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:Fantastic tale.

Can’t see it repeated in Europe though sadly. Money is King

Hello Chris, good to see you on our board :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:12 pm

carlccfc wrote: