A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Gangs in Cardiff

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:59 pm

whats that mean ?

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:16 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:my first ever away game was with macc probably 1979 or 1980 . what an entrance into following your footie team away as a 14 year old -lol

macc so much to answer for -lol

rumney boys we are here woah ............not trowbridge or st mellons -lol

Rumney had a good bunch of boys in the day

Llanrumney lads always took the piss in Rumney during the eighties.

Llanrumney was a mental placein the 80s, ball Rd flats were a nightmare.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:52 pm

Tiger Bay Massive, The Splott Boys were the maddest... why do you think our Shirley left..? :lol:

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:23 am

peter from margam wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I only know of the 70's and 80' with your gangs like the Docks Boys and Llanrumney Boys, both tough groups of lads.
My Father said to me the the Docks people in the 40' and 50's stuck together and kept in their own community , mostly dockers etc.

Annis

My mother who was born down the docks in the 20s as I was in the late 40s,( South William St ) She always said There was a lot of Italians, Maltese, Irish and Caribbean living down the docks .And when anyone was in the shit everyone rallied round to help. Everyone had nothing in them days. Now if you borrow £5000 you’re a businessman if you borrow a fiver you’re a bum. Let’s do our thing like the old docks people and stick together because we are right in the shit and we need to stick together

My family is from South William St. Dad was born in the late 40's too.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:45 am

I went to the Colin Jones v Don Curry fight in the 80´s at the NEC and it was absolutely mahem. Must have been 10,000 Welsh up there we had 2 tickets between 10 of us. Our mate from Tremorfa David Grithis (RIP) was having his 1st pro fight on the undercard after just turning PRO after the 84 LA Olympics. All of us in the back of 1 of the boys transit fans from his work. We get to Brum and just rush the door, poor old security never knew what hit them Big Wally leeding the charge and a mass of Splott and Roath surging through the doors and not stoping for anyone. We get in there and its a very uneasy and tense atmosphere as local Brummy Pat Cowdel is on the undercard as well so theres a lot of Brum and Villa in there plus a lot of Hammers who were following 1 of there lads on the undercard. It was just a matter of time before the first fight erupted in the seats and lets just say the boxing fans scrapping lasted a lot longer than Colin Jones fight. It was a 100% free for all . Colin Jones coming from Swansea way there was lots of Jacks there and lots of Cardiff and Welsh boxing fans and as soon as the cry went up Wales Wales Wales it was like a call to arms and all Welsh stood together fighting off all comers. I have never to this day ever seen anything like it where all the Welsh were together and not a bad word said between us but then again we were in survival mode up in Brum and everyone wanted a pop at us.