Mark Kennedy posting on the other forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby ihatealiens » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 am

Mark Kennedy's: Diary 4th March 2010

I was in London the other night to watch the Republic of Ireland's defeat to Brazil. I thought the lads played well, though Kevin Kilbane should really have tried a long diagonals from his own half up to Doyley once in a while. It's that sort of delivery that strikes fear into the hearts of even the most experienced defenders, and I certainly include Lucio in that bracket. I'm sure with application, and the correct delivery from deep, they can qualify for Euro 2012.

Tuesday was also a great opportunity to catch up with a lot of the lads from my international playing days. I hadn't seen Terry Phelan in years, he spent the whole evening ribbing Andy Townsend about his Tactics Truck. At one point I thought Townie would flip.

He says that ITV still owed him expenses for repairs to the truck after he stumbled across eight Madagasgan asylum seekers in there one evening. Townsend said they had 'turned over' his tactics board and their views on the sweeper system were absurd, bordering on the offensive. Thing is he reckons he can't get the money back as no other broadcaster will touch him with a barge pole after what happened in Baden-Baden. Andy seems to think that night was worth it though.

Thankfully, quick thinking from Alan Kernaghan averted any escalation in troubles between Terry and Townie by suggesting another round of what he calls: "Thunderbirds", some sort of whisky and port concoction. I don't know how he comes up with these cocktails! But he does.

Jason McAteer spent the evening texting Tony Cascarino: "ur an engilsh b*stard lol" and playing Bejewelled on his iPhone. He's mad, but that's Jason all over. He wouldn't dare to that to Quinny, that's for sure.

The night re-iterated to me that a good team spirit is essential. We've got a good set of lads here at Cardiff. Just this week Darcy was giving Ross stick about him not being able to do the "Big Shop" any more due to Ross' driving ban. Needless to say Ross didn't see the funny side, so Mac and Tony G picked young Darcy up and let him hanging from a coat-hook in the changing rooms. He was there for hours and was only let down when Wilko and a few of the academy lads took pity on him.

That's Tony all over though, whether it's ordering a delivery of Hawaiin Feasts from every Dominoes outlet in South Wales to Miguel Commignues' house or shitting in Enck's glove bag you can be sure Tony is at the centre of it. Scousers eh!

Is it for real ? :lol: good post though anyways.
This Roath character is a cancer on this forum and should be removed before he destroys it.
ihatealiens

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Mark Kennedy posting on the other forum

Postby Nottage Blue » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:04 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The big shop :lol: :lol:
Nottage Blue

Postby Zabier » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:47 am

Hahaha, that's genius. Fair play whoever wrote that. I pissed myself at that 'big shop' comment and the Tony Gerrard pranks. :lol:

Hope he does more. Also liked the reference to Andy Townsend's tactics truck. :D
Zabier

Postby Nottage Blue » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:55 am

Zabier wrote:Hahaha, that's genius. Fair play whoever wrote that. I pissed myself at that 'big shop' comment and the Tony Gerrard pranks. :lol:

Hope he does more. Also liked the reference to Andy Townsend's tactics truck. :D

Where I used to live in Surrey, Andy Townsend used to live nearby. One of my mates stalled his van at traffic lights and Townsend came roaring round the corner in his Merc and narrowly missed smashing into the back of my mate's van. My mate then stopped at a petrol garage nearby to get some petrol and Townsend followed him., leaped ut of his car and started ranting at my mate for making him nearly crash!
Nottage Blue

Return to General Chat