Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Exciting and Innovative - what a ride!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:37 am

Right - the decision has been made. We all wanted to stay blue, but for the time being its not going to happen. We can't always get what we want in life, and we all have to compromise. So let's move on. We can always try to get the blue shirt back at a later date.

Red kit apart, its quite exciting to be involved in something new - I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that this hasn't been tried on such a big scale before with such a big club before. And what if it works? What if it is the impetus that propels Cardiff City to the top level of club football? This could be fantastic!

Of course, it could all go badly wrong. If we thought Dave Jones was under pressure to get promotion, just think of the amount of pressure that Malky is under! I think that there are many people on this board who are more afraid of us being successful wearing red than failing wearing blue, and this is essentially wrong. But I respect their point of view, and I won't hurl abuse at them if they don't hurl abuse at me!

A couple of my non-bluebirds supporting friends asked me whether I would wear the red shirt next season, and the answer is , YES!. Now the decision has been made, then we ALL have to get behind every aspect of the club, not just the bits we like, and wearing a red home shirt shows our support to THE PLAYERS and therefore to the club as a whole.

I suspect that there are no half measures here - this will either be a spectacular success or a disastrous failure - but what a ride we're going to have! Its an opportunity that virtually every club outside the Premier League would love to get a shot at!

SO BUCKLE UP AND ENJOY THE RIDE!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Exciting and Innovative - what a ride!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:43 am

Good Post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:49 am

Destination Unknown.......better to die trying.

Great post. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:52 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 am

As we say in the Army,, "if you cant keep up, you better f*cking hang on" lets fly bluebirds. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 am

Good post but i don't see much compromise here but has we don't have 100 million to invest then we have little option but to accept the changes, however has i posted earlier i can't get away from the fact that we have had a loaded gun held to our collective heads and then been given 2 choices :(

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 am

ill be there next season but in the blue away kit

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:13 am

supercoops wrote:As we say in the Army,, "if you cant keep up, you better f*cking hang on" lets fly bluebirds. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The phrase "poop or bust" springs to mind.
:ayatollah: :D

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:13 am

bluebird58 wrote:Right - the decision has been made. We all wanted to stay blue, but for the time being its not going to happen. We can't always get what we want in life, and we all have to compromise. So let's move on. We can always try to get the blue shirt back at a later date.

Red kit apart, its quite exciting to be involved in something new - I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that this hasn't been tried on such a big scale before with such a big club before. And what if it works? What if it is the impetus that propels Cardiff City to the top level of club football? This could be fantastic!

Of course, it could all go badly wrong. If we thought Dave Jones was under pressure to get promotion, just think of the amount of pressure that Malky is under! I think that there are many people on this board who are more afraid of us being successful wearing red than failing wearing blue, and this is essentially wrong. But I respect their point of view, and I won't hurl abuse at them if they don't hurl abuse at me!

A couple of my non-bluebirds supporting friends asked me whether I would wear the red shirt next season, and the answer is , YES!. Now the decision has been made, then we ALL have to get behind every aspect of the club, not just the bits we like, and wearing a red home shirt shows our support to THE PLAYERS and therefore to the club as a whole.

I suspect that there are no half measures here - this will either be a spectacular success or a disastrous failure - but what a ride we're going to have! Its an opportunity that virtually every club outside the Premier League would love to get a shot at!

SO BUCKLE UP AND ENJOY THE RIDE!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

At last someone with a little vision great post. I'm with you mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:16 am

"ride" ?
yeah like being ridden up the arse by a f*cking ladyboy!

I always thought Bluebirds had a bit more pride.
There again, you're obviously part of the Cosway FC Cdiff Swansea merger team.
Oops was that a big secret?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:14 am

SavetheBluebirds wrote:"ride" ?

Thankfully, small minded people like yourself are in the minority.
:lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 am

It has been a highly emotional few week since the re branding was leaked on Monday afternoon, 7th May last.

Very controversial changes, & for many fans, totally outrageous & unnecessary.

Do i like the changes personally, simple answer, No.

If i was a mega rich man, maybe i could change things myself, but i'm not.

I buy a season ticket every year, buy a programme on match day, a couple of 50/50 tickets, & have a few beers.

I support & love our club, & will continue to do for ever more.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:34 am

bluebird58 wrote:
SavetheBluebirds wrote:"ride" ?

Thankfully, small minded people like yourself are in the minority.
:lol:

Go back to your boss at the pr agency, and tell him you've been rumbled eh?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:47 pm

There are some miserable people on this board.

It's happened.

Live with it.

Look forward and move on.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:11 am

Quite simply, if the team does well, the overwhelming majority of supporters will accept everything. That's a big "IF" , mind you.

There are very few people out there who would CHOOSE red over blue, and this board is dominated by traditionalists who are quite entitled to vehemently defend blue at all costs. But unfortunately, the silent majority don't care as long as we get success.

Just saying.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:23 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Quite simply, if the team does well, the overwhelming majority of supporters will accept everything. That's a big "IF" , mind you.

There are very few people out there who would CHOOSE red over blue, and this board is dominated by traditionalists who are quite entitled to vehemently defend blue at all costs. But unfortunately, the silent majority don't care as long as we get success.

Just saying.

I don't even care about success, I've grudgingly accepted the changes so that the club can SURVIVE. I didn't want red or a new badge and still don't, but if that's what has to happen for them to stay involved and invest the money that will keep the club alive then im all for it.