Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chipped virgin box....HELP

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:37 pm

my mates chipped box went off earlier
it came back on and now it has no channels (apart from bbc, itv etc)

anybody got a box or know the problem, cheers :ayatollah:

Re: Chipped virgin box....HELP

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:38 pm

The digital switchover probably. It fucks with the channels, moving the signal from Analogue to Digital.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:41 pm

so is it fucked then lol

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:43 pm

He'll probably have to get another chipped box that works with digital signal. That said, I don't know much about them so I don't know if you can chip digital boxes. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 pm

okay mate nice one

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Anytime :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:46 pm

Contact carlccfc

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:47 pm

dose he know his boxes lol

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:51 pm

It is fucked and due to the switch-over

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:56 pm

nice 1 ill pass it on

thing is i just found out my other mates is fine
and they had it off the same person

strange

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:08 pm

just take the card from the box back to the person yo had the box of and he will re do the card for you takes minutes to do

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Had new card mine was still messed ?

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:13 pm

virgin has sent a signal which stops you getting other channels.

Unplug the power supply from the back of the box for approx 3 seconds then insert the power supply.

Now try the channels.

Hope it works

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:27 pm

mine went on weds had card back last night working fine, they fried them again early hours this morning its gone back to be redone

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:56 pm

atlasuk wrote:virgin has sent a signal which stops you getting other channels.

Unplug the power supply from the back of the box for approx 3 seconds then insert the power supply.

Now try the channels.

Hope it works

he did this and now its working fine..nice one mate

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Gary wrote:
atlasuk wrote:virgin has sent a signal which stops you getting other channels.

Now try the channels.

Hope it works

he did this and now its working fine..nice one mate

No problem, glad it worked

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:32 pm

my box has gone off but not like the other times the card needed doing it is saying " this channel is not available " on all but bbc1 - channel 5 does the card need doing again . and i cant get hold of guy that did it b4 please help

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:45 pm

I hear they are all getting switched off from April the 1st....and won't be able to be redone... anyone else heard this? Apparently they done it in Ireland?

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:04 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepag ... t-off.html :old:

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:05 pm

no i havent heard that , i just dont want to waste 20 quid getting it done for nothing ,

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:48 pm

I heard that Cardiff / Swansea and Newport are the 3 big hotspots that Virgin are focussing on to stop "theft" of their digital service and broadband.

By all accounts they have got some new software in the pipeline that will make it virtually impossible to chip the boxes and the modems.

This is only hearsay from someone that works for them mind. But he is usually quite good at this stuff.

There is a box you can buy though, that is a french cable box that will allow you to have ALL CHANNELS with no problems, and Virgin CANT EVEN SEE IT ON THEIR SYSTEM

Anyone want some info PM me

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:55 pm

nigelmac wrote:I heard that Cardiff / Swansea and Newport are the 3 big hotspots that Virgin are focussing on to stop "theft" of their digital service and broadband.

By all accounts they have got some new software in the pipeline that will make it virtually impossible to chip the boxes and the modems.

This is only hearsay from someone that works for them mind. But he is usually quite good at this stuff.

There is a box you can buy though, that is a french cable box that will allow you to have ALL CHANNELS with no problems, and Virgin CANT EVEN SEE IT ON THEIR SYSTEM

Anyone want some info PM me

the box you refere tois a dbox 2 made by nokia or sagam (phillips make a model but the scanner is slow) andits from germany they have a system called premier. be careful if you go looking for one it has to be a dbox2 not a dbox or dbox1 and should be in flashed mode or have linux installed.

as for hen t hell and the new boxes they have started to circulate the new modems so the old ones are becoming like gold

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 am

instead of getting a chipped virgin box, if you google cable box, there are loads of sites that sell them. The software you refer to is Nagravision 3, this has already been rolled out in Ireland, and also Leeds. I bought a Starview 4 from Ireland for £50 including delivery from the afterdawn forum, brand new, as they cant do anything with them over there now.