Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PETER RIDSDA.... ERRRR SORRY TERRY PHILLIPS ECHO 'COMMENT'

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:09 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25972925/

This guy Phillips must be on the payroll at CCS surely. You couldn't make this sort of crass article up from a supposed professional jurno

He's now trying to have a dig at Annis by implication re the 'he stated 15 years ago wanting to be in the higher divisions where TP's chum Pinocchio Pete and the Board have got us and kept us'.

He fails to flag that it was and is all on the NEVER NEVER.

If he truly worries about Cardiff City in all this he want to look at our financial meltdown position before jumping on the PR Love Train

Peter

Re: PETER RIDSDA.... ERRRR SORRY TERRY PHILLIPS ECHO 'COMMENT'

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:12 am

What a cock he is. If Ridsdale goes then CCFC are 500k a year better off plus bills might get paid!

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:13 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:What a cock he is. If Ridsdale goes then CCFC are 500k a year better off plus bills might get paid!

£1.1 Million he had last year including Bonus plus exspences.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:13 am

Aye, they are all under PR's charm and spin.

Christ, I'd love to walk in as Chairman and sort our club out!

I'm sure a lot of other people would to!

PR is not dependable but rightly expendable....

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 am

Terry Phillips is an arse licking failed journalist. I assume along with the rest of media Wales he is banned from CCS ATM so the article is an obvious way to snivel his way back in.

TBH that wank pots opinion counts for nothing with me as he simply doesn't have one, he is paid what to say full stop.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:23 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Terry Phillips is an arse licking failed journalist. I assume along with the rest of media Wales he is banned from CCS ATM so the article is an obvious way to snivel his way back in.

TBH that wank pots opinion counts for nothing with me as he simply doesn't have one, he is paid what to say full stop.

same guy who selected players for this weekends squad who have left the club.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:40 am

There's no half measures on this board. Terry Phillips writes a reasonable article giving his take on things, only to get a mouthful of foul abuse.

Sometimes you can see his point when you read some of the posts here.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:55 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:There's no half measures on this board. Terry Phillips writes a reasonable article giving his take on things, only to get a mouthful of foul abuse.

Sometimes you can see his point when you read some of the posts here.

Reasonable article? "It was all Hammam's fault really..."

Meanwhile the writs, winding up orders increase. Under Ridsdale, but hey, that's ok. We could have someone worse.

Apart from Gordon Brown, can't think of anybody worse...

Terry has been a long time mouthpiece of the club, failing to effectively question or report relevant information. He's a local hack, knows he'll never get a job in the national media, so content to not rock the boat, keep his links with the club, yadda yadda.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:58 am

Oh, and AQM, perhaps you can answer this one for me.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25972107/

Can you please give me the reason why no mention is made of the fact the club retracted the statement?

Two articles ( and note the byline of the one above has disappeared ) aimed at destabilising the impact of the march, getting brainwashed fans to believe the march is wrong...

Both by the same journo.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:03 am

I thought Terry Phillips' article was aimed at having a dig at Ridsdale.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:05 am

Eh? Terry knows where to get his winalot from...

He's echoing the mantra of Ridders defenders - "if he goes, who else, eh?"

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:10 am

nerd wrote:Eh? Terry knows where to get his winalot from...

He's echoing the mantra of Ridders defenders - "if he goes, who else, eh?"

He is right in that respect, but he's also warning of the dangers of us slipping into the dungeons of the league. I'm not sticking up for Terry Phillips as I don't know the guy, but I don't think it's too bad

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:14 am

Nah, it's El Tel trying to be subtle in his support for Ridders. The veiled dig at Hammam and that debt, as if to indicate Ridders is innocent...

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:15 am

nerd wrote:Nah, it's El Tel trying to be subtle in his support for Ridders. The veiled dig at Hammam and that debt, as if to indicate Ridders is innocent...

Maybe the subtlety was lost on me so early!!! :lol:

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:20 am

nerd wrote:Oh, and AQM, perhaps you can answer this one for me.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25972107/

Can you please give me the reason why no mention is made of the fact the club retracted the statement?

Two articles ( and note the byline of the one above has disappeared ) aimed at destabilising the impact of the march, getting brainwashed fans to believe the march is wrong...

Both by the same journo.

Well I've read the piece again, and all Phillips is saying is the club is what's important. There's no promoting Risdsale or criticising Annis or the March.

The Echo has give a HUGE coverage of the clubs' problems, it's had Risdsale on the front page for half a dozen times recently, and MASSIVE coverage of the march.

Yet the slighest hint that someone isn't behind then, and the rants start.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:25 am

Oh please, AQM.

The media have only reported the problems when it's become so bloody obvious we're going down the pan that they'd lose credibility otherwise!

Creditors have been stiffed for months, yet not a single word in the local media about it. They've known - and have been given the stories. They've refused to run them.

As a result the situation has festered, and quite frankly, admin beckons and very soon.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:33 am

nerd wrote:Oh please, AQM.

The media have only reported the problems when it's become so bloody obvious we're going down the pan that they'd lose credibility otherwise!

Creditors have been stiffed for months, yet not a single word in the local media about it. They've known - and have been given the stories. They've refused to run them.

As a result the situation has festered, and quite frankly, admin beckons and very soon.

The local press could probably dig up all sorts of dirt on the club, and are probably well aware there are smaller creditors. So what happens ? Plaster a story all over the paper about how the club is screwing local business ??

That would have a terrible effect of THE CLUB. It wouldn't bother the directors one bit. It's difficult enough to keep the CLUB in a good light within the local area, as it is.

Strange as it may seem to some on here, the Echo has always had the best interest of the CLUB at heart. Often a balance needs to be struck.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:39 am

i wonder i its warm in ridsdales pocket, perhaps you could tell us terry?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:58 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
nerd wrote:Oh please, AQM.

The local press could probably dig up all sorts of dirt on the club, and are probably well aware there are smaller creditors. So what happens ? Plaster a story all over the paper about how the club is screwing local business ??

That would have a terrible effect of THE CLUB. It wouldn't bother the directors one bit. It's difficult enough to keep the CLUB in a good light within the local area, as it is.

Strange as it may seem to some on here, the Echo has always had the best interest of the CLUB at heart. Often a balance needs to be struck.

The media aren't employed for the best interests of the club.

They are employed to report local news.

Funny really - normal man of the street screwed by big company, local media print it to try to get justice. Seems to not be happening, eh?

All the while, the media have happily printed Ridders bs WITHOUT challenging it.

Ben Steele was brutally exposed as a bs artist. "Google me" - people did. Yet WEEKS after he was exposed, Terry STILL referred to him as a SERIOUS investor.

It's a combination of Terry wanting to keep in with the club, and sheer incompetence.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:30 pm

Front page of today's Echo. Prints Risdales' statement, and the fact it was withdrawn from the official site.

I would suggest that anyone reading that would view our chairman in a very bad light.

Effing and blinding it ain't, but a pretty strong 'message', which will embarrass Risdale no end.