Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Conversation with David Sullivan today

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:37 pm

Merlin wrote:
kavanagh wrote:Whoever he is he got the Plymouth story spot on.........

and, is that something that wasn't obvious....
It's easy for info from inside the club to be passed to the outside in the matter of hours...

Why is he hiding his identity? this, i dont understand. Does TNT think we'll think less of him if he tells us who he is?

TNT ? reply......

P.S. My names Craig, Im a Cardiff fan that lives in Llanedyern. (a pretty shitty suburb of Cardiff in all honesty, but hey, we all need a roof!) Im married, 31yrs of age, have 3 kids and drive a lorry for a living. I never found it hard to disclose any info there! :lol:

:lol: :lol: i wanted to be a lorry driver, but i just do the breakfast thing instead :lol: i did drive a 7.5 ton for a year scared everyone shitless in the rhondda :twisted:

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
TNT wrote:During the conversation I slipped in Cardiff City, his reply was that there was no way he could compete with Vincent Tan who he feels will certaintly take full control shortly.

The Malaysian tycoons he feels will be the ones who land Cardiff City prem football the fastest as they will have a massive population of Asia supporting him and Cardiff City.

It's good to have an outside source confirm that the Malaysian billionaire is genuinely interested in investing. My theory has always been that Malaysian investment is nothing more than a ploy to get Langston to reduce their loan further, so that the current regime can merely achieve better terms for themselves! So to have someone within football but with no stake in the club come out and verify a very real interest from Vincent Tan is refreshing to hear.

Thank you LeystoneBlue.

As I have said before will all be dependable on the depth of wealth of the Langston group, they dont seem to be " running for the cash offer" for early repayment.

Vincent Tan is apparantly serious with a view to purchase and is of considerable wealth which is clearly obvious. Which way Hammam observes this of course cant be answered . Hammam can work in mysterious ways , but the one question that " digs" is if Langston do have deep wealth why did they pull up like Devon Loch at the last few yards to the finish line? I have read simply from this forum that this could have been a Council Issue, any chance of some clarity here of events?

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:48 pm

TNT wrote:During the conversation I slipped in Cardiff City, his reply was that there was no way he could compete with Vincent Tan who he feels will certaintly take full control shortly.

The Malaysian tycoons he feels will be the ones who land Cardiff City prem football the fastest as they will have a massive population of Asia supporting him and Cardiff City.

Nice one TNT I love these positive threads, Tan is coming !!!!

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Merlin wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:
Merlin wrote:
explain then. who is TNT?

He is a man of mystery.... a bit like Barry the platypus!!

Bull shit.

Do you trust people who like to hide their identity. I dont. They feel the need to hide behind something just incase the info the are spreading around is non-factual and liable to cause damage or unrest.

It's not hard to create threads to make yourself sound important. (I can show you if you like?)

How do we know it's not some jack b*stard taking the piss.....

P.S. - I find it hard to believe that an EX-Chairman of Bradford football club would be interested in posting on a NEW forum called ANNISABRAHAM.CO.UK ? and also to show any interest in a pretty recently dormant football club in the name of Cardiff City FC...

I found this interesting Forum Via Annis emails/facebook. It was an invitation for all football supporters. Sorry if you dont approve but as someone who knows of the full Abraham family of many a year and the reason it's a private forum under his own name/brand I thought I would share views . Thats all they are views. As for being mysterious, you would not know me if you were stood in the next urinal cubical, so as for your " a jack taking the piss" comment, you could possibly be correct but then Annis does not like Jacks, hes more into Geoffs, Jills, Johns and Julians!

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:58 pm

TNT wrote:
I found this interesting Forum Via Annis emails/facebook. It was an invitation for all football supporters. Sorry if you dont approve but as someone who knows of the full Abraham family of many a year and the reason it's a private forum under his own name/brand I thought I would share views . Thats all they are views. As for being mysterious, you would not know me if you were stood in the next urinal cubical, so as for your " a jack taking the piss" comment, you could possibly be correct but then Annis does not like Jacks, hes more into Geoffs, Jills, Johns and Julians!

:oops: :lol:

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Very interesting.

You had serious doubts about Tan's involvement a week or so ago.

Are you convinced now ? Does Sulliavans word count for much ? He does have a tendancy to sound off.

Would Sullivan have been interested if it wasnt for the Malyasians ?

If the first 2 are yes's then the evidence is building up.

Lawnmower,

Firstly I have no faith in Peter Ridsdale, so simply reading Ridsdale " talking up " Tan on this forum held no weight .

Sullivan certaintly is the opposite to Ridsdale, what he has to say is worthy of listening too albeit the older he becomes the more ecentric he becomes ( look at his style of hats and coats!)

My feelings are that Tan wants Cardiff City Football Club, to what extent and what hes prepared to pay may be another story. He clearly does not want at all cost hence current negoitations reported.

Do I feel he will get what he wants? yes. Although for far less than current perception that Ridsdale would have other board members believe .

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:57 am

TNT wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

It's good to have an outside source confirm that the Malaysian billionaire is genuinely interested in investing. My theory has always been that Malaysian investment is nothing more than a ploy to get Langston to reduce their loan further, so that the current regime can merely achieve better terms for themselves! So to have someone within football but with no stake in the club come out and verify a very real interest from Vincent Tan is refreshing to hear.

Thank you LeystoneBlue.

As I have said before will all be dependable on the depth of wealth of the Langston group, they dont seem to be " running for the cash offer" for early repayment.

Vincent Tan is apparantly serious with a view to purchase and is of considerable wealth which is clearly obvious. Which way Hammam observes this of course cant be answered . Hammam can work in mysterious ways , but the one question that " digs" is if Langston do have deep wealth why did they pull up like Devon Loch at the last few yards to the finish line? I have read simply from this forum that this could have been a Council Issue, any chance of some clarity here of events?

Tnt

Sam had huge problems with the council as they had done their homework regarding the sale of plough lane and where it left wimbledon.
He was also unable to put forward a presentable business plan to satisfy the council.
The nature of the beast meant he thought he could steamroller the council but that was not to be

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:06 am

great news for the club, glory hunters will soon be out

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm

CaerphillyBluebird wrote:great news for the club, glory hunters will soon be out

We've crowds of 20k.

In the bad old days we had 2.5k.

Happy to see the club die out simply to say you're a true fan?

We've 17.5k glory fans. We took plenty of glory fans to Mill Stad, Wembley.

For the club to run as a business, it needs money. Anyone's money is fine by me, it helps the club.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:47 am

nerd wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird wrote:great news for the club, glory hunters will soon be out

We've crowds of 20k.

For the club to run as a business, it needs money. Anyone's money is fine by me, it helps the club.

Goodf points.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:47 am

nerd wrote:

We've crowds of 20k.

Good points.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 am

I wouldn't care if another 40k glory fans came out!

Fact is...a sad one I know..but Cardiff has to do it's part to attract home fans... with the glam of the Prem league, the big teams having a lot of "our" kids supporting them..we need to get the next generation of youngsters following city...we'll have more chance of doing that if we're in the Prem.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:53 am

TNT wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Very interesting.

You had serious doubts about Tan's involvement a week or so ago.

Are you convinced now ? Does Sulliavans word count for much ? He does have a tendancy to sound off.

Would Sullivan have been interested if it wasnt for the Malyasians ?

If the first 2 are yes's then the evidence is building up.

Lawnmower,

Firstly I have no faith in Peter Ridsdale, so simply reading Ridsdale " talking up " Tan on this forum held no weight .

Sullivan certaintly is the opposite to Ridsdale, what he has to say is worthy of listening too albeit the older he becomes the more ecentric he becomes ( look at his style of hats and coats!)

My feelings are that Tan wants Cardiff City Football Club, to what extent and what hes prepared to pay may be another story. He clearly does not want at all cost hence current negoitations reported.

Do I feel he will get what he wants? yes. Although for far less than current perception that Ridsdale would have other board members believe .

Thanks for the reply TNT.

I hope you don't take offense at some of my posts. I sense that a lot of people respect wht you have to say, so I like to give an 'alternative view' to test you out (I do so with others to, so nothing personal, originally i was concerned that you were just an intelligent 'stirrer', but you've since proved that wrong, and i apologise for that - I'm fiercely defensive of our club and although will criticise I have a propensity to defend anything Cardiff from posts from outsiders !). i sense though that despite your allegiance to bradford that you really do have a soft spot for cardiff.

After yesterdays news it seems we another step closer to the takeover, and 2010 can't come quickly enough.

I can see why you won't trust Ridsdale, he's a twister of the truth , to put it nicely, but it seems this time he really has pulled it off. Despite this I still hope he moves on early in 2010.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Thank you Lawnmower, no offence taken at all. Enjoy your Christmas games and look forward to the New Year. As for Ridsdale I would not be suprised that part of the takeover package is that he continues with a role of employment at Cardiff City. I guess you cant get all your wishes. From what I have read on this forum this deal " fell in his lap" but thats life and as long as it benefits you and your beloved football club who cares?

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:29 pm

TNT wrote:Thank you Lawnmower, no offence taken at all. Enjoy your Christmas games and look forward to the New Year. As for Ridsdale I would not be suprised that part of the takeover package is that he continues with a role of employment at Cardiff City. I guess you cant get all your wishes. From what I have read on this forum this deal " fell in his lap" but thats life and as long as it benefits you and your beloved football club who cares?

Absolutely.

Good luck with your club too.