Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PROTESTS WE NEED SOMETHING DIFFERENT NOW

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:50 pm

To keep the spotlight on the Riddler. I suggested it earlier and it has been mentioned else where. How about the chocolate and amber scarfs a visual impact. Ideas anyone :?:

Re: PROTESTS WE NEED SOMETHING DIFFERENT NOW

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:53 pm

How about everyone hold up an A4 size "Red Card" for the Riddler?

OFF! OFF! OFF! :D

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:54 pm

I suggested yesterday that we all take blue, white and yellow balloons into the ground and blow them up and release at kick off !

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:00 pm

A petition to the Football League, The FA, The Minister for Sport (Gerry Sutcliffe MP) and The Secretary of State for Culture Media & Sport (Rt. Hon Ben Bradshaw MP) expressing our disspleasure at the way our club is being run, Giving quotes, lies and downright missmanagement. Hows that for starters? :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 am

contact the fraud squad the fuckers have defrauded everyone.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:41 am

A don't buy policy is my idea.

Encourage everyone not to buy season tickets, 50/50 draw tickets, cancel their Academy Foundation Scheme D/D, boycott food & drink outlets and the club shop.

Cut off all income streams into the club and if anyone knows sponsors encourage them not to sponsor games, match balls or players.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:45 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:A don't buy policy is my idea.

Encourage everyone not to buy season tickets, 50/50 draw tickets, cancel their Academy Foundation Scheme D/D, boycott food & drink outlets and the club shop.

Cut off all income streams into the club and if anyone knows sponsors encourage them not to sponsor games, match balls or players.

I posted the following on a thread last week and I really think we need to be careful about how we make our feelings heard :

So are you proposing that we now hasten the demise of our club

The problem here is that if we do hit them in the pocket we run the risk of not only getting rid of the board but the club as well

And before anyone says that we can go into Administration and start again just remember a couple of things:

1. HMRC are taking Portsmouth back to court to dispute whether administration should be allowed, it isn't a rubber stamping job !
2. The consequences of Administration are long lasting and not a simple 10 point deduction. Assets (e.g. players) will be sold, credit rating plummets, clubs will demand transfer fees upfront, possible additional points deduction next season as well and an inability to attract the calibre of players/management we have been used to. In short, recovery would take years.
3. Administration relies on creditors agreeing to take a hit on debts. The only secured debtor is PMG. That means administration depends on Borley, Hammam, etc. agreeing to it, are you 100% confident of that ? If not then we have a real possibility of being wound up and no club.
4. If we go into Administration we are still relying on a takeover and whilst it may be cheaper at that point on the face of it (if the creditors agree) it won't necessarily be any more attractive as assets will still have to be sold to satisfy creditors wherever possible e.g. if the Administrator receives bids for Marshall, McNaughton, Matthews, Whitts, McPhail, McCormack, Chopra, Bothroyd that in total would result in the creditors getting 100% of their money back then that is what he is duty bound to do. He would have to wait until the summer but it will happen, just as it will with Palace.

People now need to think before making certain statements. This situation is serious and we need some answers but could you live with yourself if you contributed to the final demise of our club ? I know I couldn't.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 am

piledriver64 wrote:

I posted the following on a thread last week and I really think we need to be careful about how we make our feelings heard :

The problem here is that if we do hit them in the pocket we run the risk of not only getting rid of the board but the club as well

And before anyone says that we can go into Administration and start again just remember a couple of things:

1. HMRC are taking Portsmouth back to court to dispute whether administration should be allowed, it isn't a rubber stamping job !
2. The consequences of Administration are long lasting and not a simple 10 point deduction. Assets (e.g. players) will be sold, credit rating plummets, clubs will demand transfer fees upfront, possible additional points deduction next season as well and an inability to attract the calibre of players/management we have been used to. In short, recovery would take years.
3. Administration relies on creditors agreeing to take a hit on debts. The only secured debtor is PMG. That means administration depends on Borley, Hammam, etc. agreeing to it, are you 100% confident of that ? If not then we have a real possibility of being wound up and no club.
4. If we go into Administration we are still relying on a takeover and whilst it may be cheaper at that point on the face of it (if the creditors agree) it won't necessarily be any more attractive as assets will still have to be sold to satisfy creditors wherever possible e.g. if the Administrator receives bids for Marshall, McNaughton, Matthews, Whitts, McPhail, McCormack, Chopra, Bothroyd that in total would result in the creditors getting 100% of their money back then that is what he is duty bound to do. He would have to wait until the summer but it will happen, just as it will with Palace.

People now need to think before making certain statements. This situation is serious and we need some answers but could you live with yourself if you contributed to the final demise of our club ? I know I couldn't.

And I'm sure the board want to avoid the above as well.

However, whilst we hand over cash without conditions they will continue to line their own pockets first and put the interests of the club second.

Nothing will change by running scared of the things you have posted above as they will happen any way unless we can force Ridsdale & Co to cooperate with us and use our money more wisely.

There is more than one way to contribute towards the demise of our club and your suggestion we shouldn't use our financial clout is another one. What I can live with is the fact I gave the club a chance when I coughed up £600 in November, but having been let down by the club I have drawn a line in the sand and plan to stand up to them.

You might believe in a football verision of the tooth fairy, but as life has taught me if you want change something then you have to get off your arse and do something rather than hide behind the blanket.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:08 am

Nuclearblue wrote:To keep the spotlight on the Riddler. I suggested it earlier and it has been mentioned else where. How about the chocolate and amber scarfs a visual impact. Ideas anyone :?:

or red and white stripes to match the Malaysian flag (if I've got the right one). Probably easier to get hold of than amber and chocolate. Only problem is it would be like a massive real life game of where's wally.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:55 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

And I'm sure the board want to avoid the above as well.

However, whilst we hand over cash without conditions they will continue to line their own pockets first and put the interests of the club second.

Nothing will change by running scared of the things you have posted above as they will happen any way unless we can force Ridsdale & Co to cooperate with us and use our money more wisely.

There is more than one way to contribute towards the demise of our club and your suggestion we shouldn't use our financial clout is another one. What I can live with is the fact I gave the club a chance when I coughed up £600 in November, but having been let down by the club I have drawn a line in the sand and plan to stand up to them.

You might believe in a football verision of the tooth fairy, but as life has taught me if you want change something then you have to get off your arse and do something rather than hide behind the blanket.

I don't think I said anything in my post that could be construed as me believing in "a football version of the tooth fairy" or being someone who would "hide behind a blanket" and that is pretty insulting :roll: I was merely entering into the debate, with a different viewpoint, as to how best to make our feelings heard.

The march was successful because it was co-ordinated and showed an underlying support of OUR club, not the board. In my view reducing the ever dwindling income streams further is a way of ensuring Administration and that does not gauruntee the removal of Riddler as it is common practice for Administrators to keep Chief Execs in place for a period. If the Malaysians don't come in now then I seriously doubt whether they ever will do and therefore our future Championship status my be in serious doubt.

I forked out over £1k for my ST along with my 2 daughters (one full price) so I am in just the same position as you on that score. You and I differ on the best way forward but the point I will continue to make is that Admin is not the end of our problems, just the beginning. The road to recovery would be a very long one and it could take 4, 5 even 6 years to get back to where we are now, just ask Leeds :(

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:59 am

Yes it was me that mentioned the chocolate and amber scarves - Said maybe the trust should get some down and get them sold at a small profit

I believe the green and gold scarves for Man Utd were being sold by them for a fiver.

The problem is would the trust support such a campaign ?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:04 am

visual theme, what if we all dress like this

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:16 am

How about tops instead with amber and marron stripes instead of trying to copy united go for something different

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 am

Dobbin wrote:Yes it was me that mentioned the chocolate and amber scarves - Said maybe the trust should get some down and get them sold at a small profit

I believe the green and gold scarves for Man Utd were being sold by them for a fiver.

The scarves are a great idea! But I think why stop there, get t shirt and wristband etc made,quiz nights,guest speaker dinners, or anything we could sell to make a small profit. Then whatever is made is put into a bank account. Hopefully we can raise enough to save our club.
The trust and the supporters club should support anything that is trying to raise funds for the supporters to buy the club. If not then Annis, Carl, The Rooster, Big Gywn etc should set up something.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:23 am

ackers1927 wrote:
Dobbin wrote:Yes it was me that mentioned the chocolate and amber scarves - Said maybe the trust should get some down and get them sold at a small profit

The scarves are a great idea! But I think why stop there, get t shirt and wristband etc made,quiz nights,guest speaker dinners, or anything we could sell to make a small profit. Then whatever is made is put into a bank account. Hopefully we can raise enough to save our club.
The trust and the supporters club should support anything that is trying to raise funds for the supporters to buy the club. If not then Annis, Carl, The Rooster, Big Gywn etc should set up something.

problem is that time is against us now,a nd we need to see what happens this week with HMRC and the possible Malaysian investment.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:37 am

piledriver64 wrote:
I don't think I said anything in my post that could be construed as me believing in "a football version of the tooth fairy" or being someone who would "hide behind a blanket" and that is pretty insulting :roll: I was merely entering into the debate, with a different viewpoint, as to how best to make our feelings heard.

The march was successful because it was co-ordinated and showed an underlying support of OUR club, not the board. In my view reducing the ever dwindling income streams further is a way of ensuring Administration and that does not gauruntee the removal of Riddler as it is common practice for Administrators to keep Chief Execs in place for a period. If the Malaysians don't come in now then I seriously doubt whether they ever will do and therefore our future Championship status my be in serious doubt.

I forked out over £1k for my ST along with my 2 daughters (one full price) so I am in just the same position as you on that score. You and I differ on the best way forward but the point I will continue to make is that Admin is not the end of our problems, just the beginning. The road to recovery would be a very long one and it could take 4, 5 even 6 years to get back to where we are now, just ask Leeds :(

Correct you didn't say anything about a tooth fairy or hiding behind a blanket, but the insinuation of both your posts amount to that (i.e. carry on feeding the beast) even if you can't see it. As for feeling insulted at my use of both phrases, do me a favour mate that's pathetic.

The question of the thread was "protests we need something different now" and I have suggested we hit the club where we know they are vulnerable. I fail to see what is so wrong with getting assurances for how the money will be used before we hand it over, in writing if we have to.

The board are taking the piss and frankly running scared of what might happen, instead realising it is going to happen any way if don't start exerting our financial influence is of no help whatsover.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:47 am

Tony - I think we'll have to agree to disagree :roll:

If you re-read your comments I think you'll recognise that you were insinuating that I am someone who will sit back and do nothing .... I am not. Whilst I accept you have different opinion that part of your post was unnecessary just because we disagreed on methods.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:57 am

piledriver64 wrote:Tony - I think we'll have to agree to disagree :roll:

If you re-read your comments I think you'll recognise that you were insinuating that I am someone who will sit back and do nothing .... I am not. Whilst I accept you have different opinion that part of your post was unnecessary just because we disagreed on methods.

So why put in a roll eyes smiley if there's no need to (twice in fact)? I really hate this its OK for me but not you attitude :lol: Look mate saying you are waiting for the tooth fairy to arrive isn't any more insulting than using a put down smiley, so stop the victim angle.

And frankly until you do explain what exactly you do propose as 'something different' to the protests apart from continuing to give Ridsdale your cash, then I have no alternative but to assume you are a do nothing guy.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Tony - I think we'll have to agree to disagree :roll:

So why put in a roll eyes smiley if there's no need to (twice in fact)? I really hate this its OK for me but not you attitude :lol: Look mate saying you are waiting for the tooth fairy to arrive isn't any more insulting than using a put down smiley, so stop the victim angle.

And frankly until you do explain what exactly you do propose as 'something different' to the protests apart from continuing to give Ridsdale your cash, then I have no alternative but to assume you are a do nothing guy.

Ok - I think we'll have to disagree (no smiley) and as for "the victim angle" I'm not sure where that came from but you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

As for the way forward, I think the success of Saturday's march could be repeated at the next home game (it would be bigger the second time around) along with pressure in the press. The march got national exposure, would not buying a programme/hot dog achieve the same level of ineterest/impact ? I thought Riddler had already screwed us on the catering contract.

One thing PR does not like is the press getting at him and therefore keeping the pressure on through that medium has to be a viable way forward. I also quite like the Malaysian flag idea, the scarfs at Man Utd have been particularly visible and effective and look like they may be succeeding in their aim.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:00 am

Whilst I take on board Piledriver's comments, I think this is the only way forward. We must assert huge pressure on the board and that means hitting them in their pockets.

Even one of our own Directors, Keith Harris is say this is the way to oust the Glaziers, buy not buying season tickets.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:01 pm

The Rhooster wrote:visual theme, what if we all dress like this

Feck thats Plymouths home kit :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Try and get malaysian coloured cards on the seats in ninian or canton stand and people hold them up to create a giant malaysian flag. :D
To far?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:17 pm

yes the protest was a sucess but i do not think we would get the same kind of exposer
i think we should see what happens with borley not that i am holding my breath
if nothing happens whith him we should protest before the match outside the main entrance
half time and full time befor anyone says we got to think of the players thet are grown men ffs
not kids and if they get put of there game by anti board chanting then there is somethimg wrong they get abused every week
they learn to shut it out
anyway before long they be with us when they not get paid singing where are wages gone