Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If you were the tax man and......

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:02 pm

A club had said to you, "we'll pay the o/s bill from income generated by a season ticket promotion of next years tickets". Then they sold them and spent the money on something else. Would you be happy?

Then you gave them a second chance because they said, once a land deal gets approved, we will have the o/s £1.7m to pay you, Then the deal went through and they spent it on something else. Would you give them another chance? I wouldnt.

This is not doing our best as a club to full fill our responsibilities, it's blatantly playing the tax man and taking the piss, if we had the money, it would have been paid by now.

Surely asking an EGM to agree a land deal on the basis that it would raise money to meet a tax bill then spending it on something else is fraud?

Re: If you were the tax man and......

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:42 am

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:A club had said to you, "we'll pay the o/s bill from income generated by a season ticket promotion of next years tickets". Then they sold them and spent the money on something else. Would you be happy?

Then you gave them a second chance because they said, once a land deal gets approved, we will have the o/s £1.7m to pay you, Then the deal went through and they spent it on something else. Would you give them another chance? I wouldnt.

This is not doing our best as a club to full fill our responsibilities, it's blatantly playing the tax man and taking the piss, if we had the money, it would have been paid by now.

Surely asking an EGM to agree a land deal on the basis that it would raise money to meet a tax bill then spending it on something else is fraud?

Agree with you totally, but as fans we dont know anything really apart from the fact that we are in the shit. Ridsdale is just gambling on us reaching the end of the season and getting promoted so that his shares go through the roof. Not a stupid bloke is he. Its all me, me and me, not Cardiff City and us supporters. :evil:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:54 am

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:A club had said to you, "we'll pay the o/s bill from income generated by a season ticket promotion of next years tickets". Then they sold them and spent the money on something else. Would you be happy?

TBH we have no idea what the club said to the HMRC and looking back the statements from the club (including from Borley) have been along the lines of "working hard to resolve the situation" which frankly could mean anything.

There was no specific item on the EGM which said that the cash raised from the land sale was going to be used to pay off the tax bill, we all (including me) just assumed that to be the case so no fraud has been committed.

The problem is we have no representation on the board and therefore the likes of Borley, Ridsdale, Whiteley and major shareholders like Guy can plan well ahead and basically fool us at will becuae we are ignorant of the details.

Let's be fair we have no idea what this trip to Malaysia is about? Is it about a takeover or the cheapest way to purchase the club after administiration?

We just don't know and it will stay that way until we get OUR OWN REPRESENTATIVE ON THE BOARD.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:02 am

but the money from the land sale will not leave PMG's bank account, just knocked off what is owed, it f*cking stinks, considering the land is worth 3 times as much as they paid for it :evil: :evil:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:07 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:but the money from the land sale will not leave PMG's bank account, just knocked off what is owed, it f*cking stinks, considering the land is worth 3 times as much as they paid for it :evil: :evil:

It was a creative way of stripping yet another asset, surely the council will have something to say about it?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:09 am

or the administrators, is it legal?????

should be interesting

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:42 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:or the administrators, is it legal?????

should be interesting

Baz I hope like hell you are right, but my gut feeling is its all above board and we just didn't see it coming.

On another point Borley released a statement last week slagging Annis and Mike off for being the only 2 shareholders to vote against the land sale. He said this land sale was central to the stability of the club.

I wonder if the vote would have been affected if the proposal was a little more truthful and stated " the hotel plot is sold to PMG so they get their money back before the HMRC?"

I wonder how then would Mr Borley explain the land sale as 'central to the stability of the club?'

Personally out everyone at that EGM Annis and Mike are the only 2 who can now talk about our club with their heads held high.

The whole thing stinks from top to bottom.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:43 am

Yes Tony, "Central to my pocket would be the truth" he would slag off Annis because the land was for
his own interests. Annis was trying to protect the assets and interests of the club. Borley is right in there with
the rest of them.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:10 am

Moan.................moan.................moan...................... :roll:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:or the administrators, is it legal?????

should be interesting

Baz I hope like hell you are right, but my gut feeling is its all above board and we just didn't see it coming.

On another point Borley released a statement last week slagging Annis and Mike off for being the only 2 shareholders to vote against the land sale. He said this land sale was central to the stability of the club.

I wonder if the vote would have been affected if the proposal was a little more truthful and stated " the hotel plot is sold to PMG so they get their money back before the HMRC?"

I wonder how then would Mr Borley explain the land sale as 'central to the stability of the club?'

Personally out everyone at that EGM Annis and Mike are the only 2 who can now talk about our club with their heads held high.

The whole thing stinks from top to bottom.

Come on Tony.

1. It made no difference who voted for what in that room. The board already had enough proxy votes (21-22m)to put the deal through.

2. The EGM was only related to Borley's deal, which has made the club a lot more attractive to outside investors.

3. There wasnt a sniff of PMG using the money to reduce their own debt from the club.

4. It is only rumour at the moment that PMG have used the money to reduce their debt as far as I can see.

5. If PMG have then it could actually be a GOOD thing as they would be taking a massive risk putting the club into admin after putting that deal through (prefence to creditors).

I'm crtainly not ashamed of not opposing the deal as it seemed it was in the best interests of the club at the time and I would still back it today.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:20 pm

If you were the tax man?

Is anyone a taxman, surely there's a city fan on here who works for HMRC in the tax area. Not expecting them to provide details but they may be able to say how HMRC handle outstanding debts and broken promises.