Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hello !! is anyone there?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:48 am

Caliburn calling.
Yes I've just signed on with this mob and I hope to bring a bit of decorum tot the place. Not a word to the boss, but there's another distinguished writer with a book to his name on here now. Ask me anything. I won't know the answer but ask me anyway. I'm better looking than most of you--- who isn't, but I won't hold it against you. Maybe a wash and a shave occasionally would improve things.
Here's hoping the next time I clock on we'll still have a club to support. :roll:

All the Best
CAL

Re: Hello !! is anyone there?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:08 am

'Ello 'ello 'ello! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am

Ah a bit of class enters the board ;)

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:22 am

good to see you Old Bean.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:29 am

Now then wheres that gandalf style smiley you use !! c'mon mods get one created for the ledgend that is Cal :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Afternoon Cal and welcome to our board :ayatollah:

Annis is on his way to Ipswich and has asked me to say hello and welcome to you :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Welcome aboard CAL very interesting topics on here mate! ENJOY.. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Hello Cal, nice to see you here as well as Mike's board. Put the kettle on and I'll call round to the castle for tea xxxxx

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Cal what is you position on monkeyfacing??? :D

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:14 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Cal what is you position on monkeyfacing??? :D

crouched down , just in front :D

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:46 pm

milly44 wrote:

:D :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:09 pm

milly44 wrote:

Thats bomb bastic....

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:13 pm

hope their not then same lengh as ur old smile on CCMB or the bird will look like gandalph.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:48 pm

Welcome young sir.

On here just remember it's like that night we dived out of that dive in Chittagong in '43 into the arms of that nice young filly Delores. She tried to split us up; but once enrolled into HM Forces we always acted as one even if one had an opportunity the other wouldn't have had. Though we read different newspapers the bond was never broken.

Your friend and ex-CO,
Stephen of Mandalay.

Re: thanks for the welcome.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Let's get this straight. If I bore the pants off everyone it will come as no surprise but you've got to be sympathetic to an old guy who has very little money. I'm hoping Annis will have a few bob to spare when he returns.

I was interested in his piece on Sam. When you make a friend of a powerful and rich man you sometimes can't see the woods for the trees. I think that Sam's behaviour at Wimbledon gave as clear a view of him as we'll get. He left the team he called,"His Baby," in the gutter and in the hands of some incompetent Norwegians who couldn't make money out of a well in the desert.

Wimbledon had some wonderful supporters though and they've kept the team afloat and in business. It could be a lesson to us. I know that Annis sets great store by his friendships and that's a good thing, but it's best to judge people by their actions rather than their words. My father who lived a hard life used to tell me,"Your best friend is a bob in your pocket." I laughed at him -- but there have been times when friends let me down when I nodded when I thought of him. I hope Sam proves to be a good friend to you -- and perhaps to our club.

Cal.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Actions speak louder than words :lol: hear those words Mr Ridsdale? Welcome Cal nice to have you here ;) :ayatollah: Ridsdales best friend is certainly the bob or two tucked in his back pocket :lol:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Especially for you Cal, I hope Mike doesn't mind me stealing it :old:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Owain wrote:Especially for you Cal, I hope Mike doesn't mind me stealing it :old:

Many thanks Owain. Good to see the old guy following me around. In the old days I used to put in the crosses and he used to nut 'em in!

:old:
CAL

Re: thanks for the welcome.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:33 pm

caliburn wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone. Let's get this straight. If I bore the pants off everyone it will come as no surprise but you've got to be sympathetic to an old guy who has very little money. I'm hoping Annis will have a few bob to spare when he returns.

I was interested in his piece on Sam. When you make a friend of a powerful and rich man you sometimes can't see the woods for the trees. I think that Sam's behaviour at Wimbledon gave as clear a view of him as we'll get. He left the team he called,"His Baby," in the gutter and in the hands of some incompetent Norwegians who couldn't make money out of a well in the desert.

Wimbledon had some wonderful supporters though and they've kept the team afloat and in business. It could be a lesson to us. I know that Annis sets great store by his friendships and that's a good thing, but it's best to judge people by their actions rather than their words. My father who lived a hard life used to tell me,"Your best friend is a bob in your pocket." I laughed at him -- but there have been times when friends let me down when I nodded when I thought of him. I hope Sam proves to be a good friend to you -- and perhaps to our club.

Cal.

Wise words. We expect nothing less from Cal.