Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Most intimidating ground you have been too?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:00 pm

lully wrote:
Joff wrote:
lully wrote:Edgar Road 1976, there were f*cking mad taffs everywhere :lol:

Hereford?

heard dogs were killed etc ?

:lol: That's right i forgot about that.

Also a copper died after a city fan spat on him...fuckin youck!

Walls were collapsing and everything mentalism.

lully i think your getting the copper incident mixed up with torquay away in the league cup

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Joff wrote:watching Cardiff ?

millwall away late 90's.... they wanted to literally kill us nasty nasty place.
stoke when we got relagated in 2000 i think. they were trying to get on the pitch from our left and right at the same time i was slightly worried at one point but then realised the awesome firm we had up there that day i need not explain anymore everyone remembers that day.
bristol city late 80's f*cking murder that day never forget watching pissed up cardiff literaly ripping up the concrete turnstilles with their bare f*cking hands lol lol
hull away late 90's about 60 of us got to the ground at half time having run the gauntlet of literally 100's of hull outside the ground for a f*cking hour...phew..then when we got inside the ground the crowd went mental they were fighting the oldbill to try and get at us..nuts... then after the game at least 500 mental hull were rioting trying to get at us...what a f*cking day that was lol... good times. :lol:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:11 pm

elliott wrote:Nurenberg watching wales lose 4 1 with all the neo nazis

but the docks and Ely boys sorted em out in the car park. There were a few Welsh army boys there that night. Me and lawnmower snook out quietly in my car only for a few Germans to spot the UK plates. We just about got away in the traffic.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:14 pm

lully it was street not road glenn

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:15 pm

didnt find this one intimidating but always interesting was going to Wolves when only 2 sides of the ground were open. Remember going 89 ish the year after we both went up together, midweek game. They put away fans in that huge kop end behind the goal with a no-mans land and then about 10,000 wolves fans in your face, they made some noise in those days too...orrible place anyway wolverhampton and i dont think they like us much....

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:23 pm

I have been to many many many away games, but cant think of a time when I was actually intimidated in the ground. That said I have been impressed with many atmosphere's and I think it has to be West ham and Millwall and Chelsea for me.

Northerners are mouthy as opposed to intimidating, although Leeds Road was a little as was Elland Road.

I also thought peterborough too - but we were in the home end !

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:38 am

x grangetown wrote:

Ohhh FFS X does it really matter?

and it was Torquay but f**k it was over 30 years ago gimme a break lads :oops:

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:50 am

Millwall, The Den.
It was sometime in the 80's. There had been some big trouble involving Ipswich and Paul Mariner the week before (?) I ended up in the home end, surrounded by these big, mean 'geezers.' Luckily they had no idea I was a Bluebird. It wasn't too hard resisting jumping up and down when Tony Evans scored. I think we drew 1-1.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:06 pm

lully wrote:
x grangetown wrote:

Ohhh FFS X does it really matter?

and it was Torquay but f**k it was over 30 years ago gimme a break lads :oops:

Old tw*t