Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Transparent my arse

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:05 pm

1. Doesn't pay his personal taxes
2. Doesn't pay the company (Cardiff City FC) taxes until pressurised to do so by several winding up orders even though it's a historical debt, so he says, which has been around since he first joined the club. Pay it instead of awarding youself bonuses man.
3. Doesn't pay creitors and threatens them with non payment if they try winding us up
4. Bans the press every five minutes if they dont print anything he likes
5. Awards himself massive bonuses and takes them out of club coffers at the expense of creditors
6. Lies to the clubs customers (fans) i.e telling us he is buying players out of our season ticket money when he knows we were under a transfer embargo since last autumn
7. Economical with the truth when negotiating investment with Malaysians i.e didnt inform them of tax issue
8. Fined for not filing accounts on time
9. fined for not paying taxes on time
10. Can't comment on Winding up orders,money owed to creditors or the transfer embargo to clubs owner i.e shareholders at the EGM cos its "too sensitive"
11. Unable to register a ditrector with companies house bacause he can't fill in a simple form correctly
12. Won't allow peaceful demonstrations inside stadium. Stewards acting like gestapo. Is this a free country or what?
13. Getting stewards to stop fans going outside the ground to get refreshments etc i.e trying to force us to pay excessive prices inside the ground
14. Cant even stock the club shop properly, rugby side of it puts us to shame
15. Sacking anybody whose face he doesn't like and replacing them by Giving jobs to the boys all on massive wages
16. Threatening fans, newspapers and messageboards with writs if they have the temerity to question his events at the club
17. Even tries to give the players a bollocking after a match undermining the clubs manager
18. The now infamous "verbal agreement" with Jimmy Floyd Hassailbank costing god knows how much to the club
19. Taken in by Ben Steele, some geezer looking for a free Jolly
20. Putting statements on club website bad mouthing a fan who has put more into this club than he ever would. Then withdrwaing what could be described as a defamatory piece of writing within fifteen minutes
21. Telling us millions had been invested by TG when in actual fact it was only £200,00
22. Sold over £24 million worth of players in his time here yet hasn't paid a penny off the debt to Langstone in that time (wheres the money gone)
23. Goes £7 million over budget on stadium, which by the way is still not yet completed yet takes a stadium completion bonus into the hundreds of thousands out of the club
24. Has claimed that we are cash positive now we are in the new stadium, well why aint we paying anyone then?
25. Signing players on massive contracts, which we are paying at the expense of the tax man and creditors.
26. Makes statements about players like Ledley (Joe Ledley “playing like he's somewhere else”) four weeks before he's due to become a free agent to choose another Club, laughable, how unprofessional is that?
27. Once the Langston deal is signed it will free up funds for player recruitment as there will be no threat of a court case to budget for - was that a joke Peter? :lol:
28. Insists he's worth every penny of his £350,000 salary :lol: is he taking the piss or what?
29. Freely gives out his email adress and telephone number however when someone asks a valid question replies with a get lost or similar. Change your email adress and phone number if you cant answer questions properly
30. Someone attempts to question you in the stadium and you tell them to "f**k off" - isn't that a charming reply for a chairman
31. Doesn't know how much Keith Harris a fellow director is being paid :lol:
32. The 777ball sponsorship fiasco :lol: the less said the better
33. The overriding feature of his tenure though is that the overall debt of the club continues to rise even though we have a fantastic new stadium and 20,000+ average home crowd attendance, sold all the clubs assets, mortgaged all the current players and sokld about £24 million worth of players and we have winding up orders coming out of our ears - sheer madness.
and I am sure theres lots lots more I have forgotten :lol:

Yet this man continues as chairman - can anyone explain why? I can't.

That banner saying "transparent my arse" could not have been more apt in current circumstances :evil:

Widely held responsible for the demise of Leeds United by it's fans and others
Tossed out of barnsley because they were going down the same route as Leeds.

Re: Transparent my arse

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:19 pm

AWESOME

iTS DEPRESSING ISNT IT AND ITS CRAZY BUT SOME FANS STILL BACK HIM. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:37 pm

I knew about every single one of them but it's not until you list them like that, that you realise just how much of a bad situation we are in with him at the helm! Surley the other directors must know that he has got to go with that little list. I'd love to see the total incoming and outgoings of finances for the whole time he has been in charge. I can't see where all the the money has gone!

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Someone should make a film about him. I think the obvious name has already been used though, LIAR LIAR.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Splottoman wrote:I knew about every single one of them but it's not until you list them like that, that you realise just how much of a bad situation we are in with him at the helm! Surley the other directors must know that he has got to go with that little list. I'd love to see the total incoming and outgoings of finances for the whole time he has been in charge. I can't see where all the the money has gone!

I didn't have time to add to it my nosh was ready but I am sure other people will contribute their little snippets into this thread and we can add them all together and ask Owain if he can turn it into a sticky ;) :lol: Gonna be a huge list the indiscretions are f*cking endless :lol:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:48 pm

I didn't have time to add to it my nosh was ready but I am sure other people will contribute their little snippets into this thread and we can add them all together and ask Owain if he can turn it into a sticky Gonna be a huge list the indiscretions are f*cking endless

What is his back ground was he born into money cos I can't see how he built his money up off his own back, oh sorry yes. I can he has robbed everyone blind he has ever come into contact with!

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Splottoman wrote:
I didn't have time to add to it my nosh was ready but I am sure other people will contribute their little snippets into this thread and we can add them all together and ask Owain if he can turn it into a sticky Gonna be a huge list the indiscretions are f*cking endless

What is his back ground was he born into money cos I can't see how he built his money up off his own back, oh sorry yes. I can he has robbed everyone blind he has ever come into contact with!

Dunno haven't really researched that. I'm sure someone has. Do we dig? or pose that question in a Leeds or Barnsley forum? :lol: or better still ask TNT? I am sure he has an axe to grind with the silver fox. He hated him with a passion. That much you could tell in his posts on here lol

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:44 pm

ihatealiens wrote:1. Doesn't pay his personal taxes
2. Doesn't pay the company (Cardiff City FC) taxes until pressurised to do so by several winding up orders even though it's a historical debt, so he says, which has been around since he first joined the club. Pay it instead of awarding youself bonuses man.
3. Doesn't pay creitors and threatens them with non payment if they try winding us up
4. Bans the press every five minutes if they dont print anything he likes
5. Awards himself massive bonuses and takes them out of club coffers at the expense of creditors
6. Lies to the clubs customers (fans) i.e telling us he is buying players out of our season ticket money when he knows we were under a transfer embargo since last autumn
7. Economical with the truth when negotiating investment with Malaysians i.e didnt inform them of tax issue
8. Fined for not filing accounts on time
9. fined for not paying taxes on time
10. Can't comment on Winding up orders,money owed to creditors or the transfer embargo to clubs owner i.e shareholders at the EGM cos its "too sensitive"
11. Unable to register a ditrector with companies house bacause he can't fill in a simple form correctly
12. Won't allow peaceful demonstrations inside stadium. Stewards acting like gestapo. Is this a free country or what?
13. Getting stewards to stop fans going outside the ground to get refreshments etc i.e trying to force us to pay excessive prices inside the ground
14. Cant even stock the club shop properly, rugby side of it puts us to shame
15. Sacking anybody whose face he doesn't like and replacing them by Giving jobs to the boys all on massive wages
16. Threatening fans, newspapers and messageboards with writs if they have the temerity to question his events at the club
17. Even tries to give the players a bollocking after a match undermining the clubs manager
18. The now infamous "verbal agreement" with Jimmy Floyd Hassailbank costing god knows how much to the club
19. Taken in by Ben Steele, some geezer looking for a free Jolly
20. Putting statements on club website bad mouthing a fan who has put more into this club than he ever would. Then withdrwaing what could be described as a defamatory piece of writing within fifteen minutes
21. Telling us millions had been invested by TG when in actual fact it was only £200,00
22. Sold over £24 million worth of players in his time here yet hasn't paid a penny off the debt to Langstone in that time (wheres the money gone)
23. Goes £7 million over budget on stadium, which by the way is still not yet completed yet takes a stadium completion bonus into the hundreds of thousands out of the club
24. Has claimed that we are cash positive now we are in the new stadium, well why aint we paying anyone then?
25. Signing players on massive contracts, which we are paying at the expense of the tax man and creditors.
26. Makes statements about players like Ledley (Joe Ledley “playing like he's somewhere else”) four weeks before he's due to become a free agent to choose another Club, laughable, how unprofessional is that?
27. Once the Langston deal is signed it will free up funds for player recruitment as there will be no threat of a court case to budget for - was that a joke Peter? :lol:
28. Insists he's worth every penny of his £350,000 salary :lol: is he taking the piss or what?
29. Freely gives out his email adress and telephone number however when someone asks a valid question replies with a get lost or similar. Change your email adress and phone number if you cant answer questions properly
30. Someone attempts to question you in the stadium and you tell them to "f**k off" - isn't that a charming reply for a chairman
31. Doesn't know how much Keith Harris a fellow director is being paid :lol:
32. The 777ball sponsorship fiasco :lol: the less said the better
33. The overriding feature of his tenure though is that the overall debt of the club continues to rise even though we have a fantastic new stadium and 20,000+ average home crowd attendance, sold all the clubs assets, mortgaged all the current players and sokld about £24 million worth of players and we have winding up orders coming out of our ears - sheer madness.
and I am sure theres lots lots more I have forgotten :lol:

Yet this man continues as chairman - can anyone explain why? I can't.

That banner saying "transparent my arse" could not have been more apt in current circumstances :evil:

Widely held responsible for the demise of Leeds United by it's fans and others
Tossed out of barnsley because they were going down the same route as Leeds.

tells his fellow directors that we are getting fowler , jfh and sinclair for 25k a week total and it turned out to be double.
this is a trait of his that will come out when he's gone from the club i am led to believe he has constantly misled the board over players wages when he has signed new players.
the board are left thinking that he is operating within a players wage budget but as at leeds and barnsley he overspends that budget by insane levels and players who the board believe to be on 10k a week are almost certainly getting paid at least half that again

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Nick Leeson springs to mind.... great post.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Daya wrote:Nick Leeson springs to mind.... great post.

Ridsdales idol by all accounts! :lol:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:51 pm

i do not disagree with all that but come on it not all down to one man you have got a board there
they are all to blame every single person on there is bleeding this club dry they are all making money out of the city
and when the shit realy hits the fan they will all go into the paint work they are all leeches

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 pm

You should put that on the offical board it mite change some minds...

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:58 pm

sleepers wrote:i do not disagree with all that but come on it not all down to one man you have got a board there
they are all to blame every single person on there is bleeding this club dry they are all making money out of the city
and when the shit realy hits the fan they will all go into the paint work they are all leeches

Your entitled to your opinion, but the mans got form. Just google his name, look at all the articles, their endless. Then click on blogs their endless too and theres some juicy stuff on there if u got the time to look. yes the other directors have questions to answer but the main one being for me is how can you all continue to allow Peter Ridsdale to park his ample arse in the Chairmans seat? he is not worthy of it now, hasn't been through his tenure and shouldn't have been given the opportunity in the first place. Leopards don't change their spots.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:03 pm

I know the Ben Steele debarcle is often quoted when highlighting how Ridsdale can waste money chasing investors, but what about these 'Americans?'

I remember PR going off on a jolly to New York last year to apparently learn lessons off an American football team about making the most out of moving stadiums.

Just what came out of that trip? How much did it cost? Who the f**k said it was OK for him to go? And just how have we benefitted from any tips picked up over moving stadium?

It is absoluteley scandlous how he gets away with this lifestyle at our expense.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 pm

[quote="sleepers"]i do not disagree with all that but come on it not all down to one man you have got a board there

How much of his own money will PR lose compared to borley if the club goes tits up

answer nothing because PR has never ever put a penny piece into the pot only taken out. remember the good old days where a chairman always baled a club out when needed.
this parasite takes out a 100k when he has creditors in excess of 3 million outstanding most of them welsh local business's

the fact of the matter is sleepers he is paid a phenomenal wage to run the club on a daily basis he is the one negotiating players contracts and transfer fee's on the clubs behalf and he is alone responsible for keeping the club trading within its means.

People should look back at his business plan he sold the council when attempting to get final permission for the stadium.
he said the plan was based on increasing the turnover at the new stadium and the plan was never ever going to be based on players sales.

He has got us in this position because he was gambling entirely on player sales by selling ledley and McCormack in the summer and adam matthews in the january window.
matthews to the extent that he was gambling on paying the tax bill in january with the transfer fee raised from his sale.
The board and the fans entrusted the man to run the club properly and he repaid the fans trust with the season tickets for players lie knowing full well the club was under an embargo.

There are a lot of people on this board including myself who run our own businesses and i can assure you i only do cashflow forecasts on monies i know are definatley owed to me and what i owe other people.
the white haired liar has been running his forecast purely gambling that there will be player sales and investment from outside the club in january.
i wonder how long with sublime business skills like that he would last in alan sugars apprentice

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:13 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
sleepers wrote:i do not disagree with all that but come on it not all down to one man you have got a board there

Your entitled to your opinion, but the mans got form. Just google his name, look at all the articles, their endless. Then click on blogs their endless too and theres some juicy stuff on there if u got the time to look. yes the other directors have questions to answer but the main one being for me is how can you all continue to allow Peter Ridsdale to park his ample arse in the Chairmans seat? he is not worthy of it now, hasn't been through his tenure and shouldn't have been given the opportunity in the first place. Leopards don't change their spots.

i agree mate but the board had there chance of a vote of no confidense they shit out they will use him as there scapegoat
i agree he is a liar and crook but he is also the kind of chairman these leeches need to hide behind because of his past if you get what i mean

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:15 pm

steve davies wrote:

How much of his own money will PR lose compared to borley if the club goes tits up

answer nothing because PR has never ever put a penny piece into the pot only taken out. remember the good old days where a chairman always baled a club out when needed.
this parasite takes out a 100k when he has creditors in excess of 3 million outstanding most of them welsh local business's

the fact of the matter is sleepers he is paid a phenomenal wage to run the club on a daily basis he is the one negotiating players contracts and transfer fee's on the clubs behalf and he is alone responsible for keeping the club trading within its means.

People should look back at his business plan he sold the council when attempting to get final permission for the stadium.
he said the plan was based on increasing the turnover at the new stadium and the plan was never ever going to be based on players sales.

He has got us in this position because he was gambling entirely on player sales by selling ledley and McCormack in the summer and adam matthews in the january window.
matthews to the extent that he was gambling on paying the tax bill in january with the transfer fee raised from his sale.
The board and the fans entrusted the man to run the club properly and he repaid the fans trust with the season tickets for players lie knowing full well the club was under an embargo.

There are a lot of people on this board including myself who run our own businesses and i can assure you i only do cashflow forecasts on monies i know are definatley owed to me and what i owe other people.
the white haired liar has been running his forecast purely gambling that there will be player sales and investment from outside the club in january.
i wonder how long with sublime business skills like that he would last in alan sugars apprentice

i have no respect for him at all steve but there are other people making A lot of money out of city they are leeches

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:16 pm

i wonder how long with sublime business skills like that he would last in alan sugars apprentice not fit to take up any apprenticeship, send him back to the clay class thats where he belongs :lol:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:20 pm

ihatealiens wrote:i wonder how long with sublime business skills like that he would last in alan sugars apprentice not fit to take up any apprenticeship, send him back to the clay class thats where he belongs :lol:

he rob the clay

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:13 pm

sleepers wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:i wonder how long with sublime business skills like that he would last in alan sugars apprentice not fit to take up any apprenticeship, send him back to the clay class thats where he belongs :lol:

he rob the clay

i wonder if there is such a thing as robust and transparent clay :?:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm

steve davies wrote:i wonder if there is such a thing as robust and transparent clay :?:

If there was, he would be trying to sell it to us :lol:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:31 pm

ccfclover wrote:
steve davies wrote:i wonder if there is such a thing as robust and transparent clay :?:

At an over inflated price no doubt :lol:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
ccfclover wrote:

At an over inflated price no doubt :lol:

and before they have been manufactured and due for delivery 2012 :lol:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Then he would probably forget to invoice it

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:49 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Then he would probably forget to invoice it

certainly wouldent pay the vat

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:55 pm

steve davies wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Then he would probably forget to invoice it

certainly wouldent pay the vat

It's ok though he will be honest and transparent with the tax inspector he'll promise to show him the books when he can find them :lol:

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:34 am

A+ for that post mate

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 am

rob wrote:A+ for that post mate

Cheers Rob just gutting that I had to spend the time to write it. Would prefer to write about how well our four new lads played last night and how we stuffed Ipswich on our way to the Premier League. I guess thats what happens when theres a useless excuse for a man in the chairmans seat :lol: