Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

West Ham - Malaysians

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Got a Hammer sat opposite me in the office reckons the Malaysian consortium looking at Cardiff are also looking at West Ham, and West Ham are a more viable option in his opinion. Then again he dont know shit :lol:

Re: West Ham - Malaysians

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Humphry's wrote:Got a Hammer sat opposite me in the office reckons the Malaysian consortium looking at Cardiff are also looking at West Ham, and West Ham are a more viable option in his opinion. Then again he dont know shit :lol:

Is Sam doesnt sign they would prob go else where in my opinion, £200,000 they have given so far.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:19 pm

come on now annis..lol why so pessimistic...you were really up beat yesterday.... your like the weather..lol didnt tnt state earlier that its a differnt group of malasians interested in the hammers....come on son chin up..lol

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:24 pm

boyosback wrote:come on now annis..lol why so pessimistic...you were really up beat yesterday.... your like the weather..lol didnt tnt state earlier that its a differnt group of malasians interested in the hammers....come on son chin up..lol

Your right, i get fed up of this waiting game as much a you, its ruining me enjoying city games, but no, I have heard they are all for Cardiff city, just fed up and if we dont get money for Jan bang goes another promotion season.
It will be alright on the night as the saying goes :lol:

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:43 pm

boyosback wrote:come on now annis..lol why so pessimistic...you were really up beat yesterday.... your like the weather..lol didnt tnt state earlier that its a differnt group of malasians interested in the hammers....come on son chin up..lol

Just read his thread yes yr right chin up lol.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Is Sam doesnt sign they would prob go else where in my opinion, £200,000 they have given so far.

Come on Annis, you said this yesterday.........

"Vincent Tan is the man, he is the key to many more Malaysians coming on board, we are now the talk amongst many other malaysian Businessmen and I really believe the future looks good.
I was told today even with all the probs with Langston, they wont go away now, the Malaysians are in it for the full ride"

If you cant keep the faith (and twist Sam's arm) no one can.

Before Christmas please Sam, I'll even take the PSP Go off my Christmas list if you make this happen.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

"Vincent Tan is the man, he is the key to many more Malaysians coming on board, we are now the talk amongst many other malaysian Businessmen and I really believe the future looks good.
I was told today even with all the probs with Langston, they wont go away now, the Malaysians are in it for the full ride"

Before Christmas please Sam, I'll even take the PSP Go off my Christmas list if you make this happen.

Your right Wayne, just pissed of like you and getting really fed up, Vincent Tan is the man.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Your right Wayne, just pissed of like you and getting really fed up, Vincent Tan is the man.

It'll all be over before we know it Wayne/Annis. We'll be millionaires I tell ya! :lol:

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:08 pm

this time next year ''we will be millionaires'' :lol:

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Humphry's wrote:Got a Hammer sat opposite me in the office reckons the Malaysian consortium looking at Cardiff are also looking at West Ham, and West Ham are a more viable option in his opinion. Then again he dont know shit :lol:

Tony Fernades the Malaysian you discuss here is the owner of Air Asia. The Company that sponsors Manchester Utd as well as you will see their logo on officals jackets too.

Fernades is our version of Ryanair/Easyjet owners and trying to become like his friend Richard Branson with budget long haul flights from Asia. He has recently purchased the Lotus F1 team and will be the first Malay team on the circuit next year. Lotus are owned by Proton, Malaysia's largest car Manufacturer. Since the purchase Fernades interest in purchasing a football team has wained. You can follow the Maverick Tony Fernades on his own blog , where you can follow events and even email him to which he responds to his consumers.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:55 pm

TNT wrote:

Tony Fernades the Malaysian you discuss here is the owner of Air Asia. The Company that sponsors Manchester Utd as well as you will see their logo on officals jackets too.

Fernades is our version of Ryanair/Easyjet owners and trying to become like his friend Richard Branson with budget long haul flights from Asia. He has recently purchased the Lotus F1 team and will be the first Malay team on the circuit next year. Lotus are owned by Proton, Malaysia's largest car Manufacturer. Since the purchase Fernades interest in purchasing a football team has wained. You can follow the Maverick Tony Fernades on his own blog , where you can follow events and even email him to which he responds to his consumers.

:lol: thank you for the info I look forward to suitably rubbing this inthe Happy Hammers face tomorrow.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:05 pm

Are the '5 others' rumoured to be with Tan on our investment, likely to be just other board members of the Berjaya Group? If so then effectively we would be owned by the Group. mmmmmmmm interesting

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Humphry's wrote:
TNT wrote:

:lol: thank you for the info I look forward to suitably rubbing this inthe Happy Hammers face tomorrow.

As well as being close to relagation!

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 pm

i read alot of about Cardiff and West Ham on here.

Dont know if it has anything at all to do with this but arent Cardiff City and West Ham sponsered by the same company SBOBET. Could the Mayalsians have contact with the company. So they could be intrested in buying both clubs.

Just a suggesting lol

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Not sure of the ownership of SBO but Tan's groups have gambling interests as well as many others!

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:42 pm

What people are missing is that we have one malaysian on board - West ham have none.Me thinks TG will want his mates on his side of the fence so to speak ??

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Anyone know which Malaysians were apparently lining up a bid for Newcaste in the summer?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:27 am

Newcastle again was TF but he reported it as untrue interest.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:03 am

Cheers TNT

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:11 am

I believe that there is a pecking order in all things and football is no different. Man U, Real Madrid will always be the biggest fish followed by a group of about ten clubs, only about 7 or 8 of these clubs are set in stone, the bottom 3 could fluctuate amongst another 7 or 8 clubs.

Bear with me.

The question is, In the grand scheme of things could Cardiff City move from their current 'Grouping' into the next higher group and would this make us have more investment potential than West Ham. If not, then we must worry about potential investors switching to a 'better bet'.

If the Malaysians interested in WHU have now moved onto F1, it makes way for another group to become interested and while our little squabble over debt continues, you fear that our potential cash cow could look elsewhere.

For my own peace of mind I need this sorted before Christmas, just like Sam has done on a couple of Black Friday's in years gone by. This gives the time needed to get something sorted BEFORE the end of the next transfer window. I just think 4th January may leave it a bit too late.

Is there a conspiracy theory to be built up here. Will Sam leave it just long enough to get his money but not allow the new regime a bit of team building in January. This leaves the club at this level for another year and does not allow a quick return on their money.