Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dream time is passing us by.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 am

"For dreams are just like wine
and I was drunk with mine---"

The words of that old song sum up for me what it was like to be a Bluebirds supporter when I was young and the likes of Sherwood, Grant, Tapscott, Walsh, Toshak, Warboys and many more had me doing the sixty mile round trip to Ninian Park in a Western Welsh boneshaker every other Saturday plus weekdays.
We lost a few but we threw our weight around in the old second division and we regularly brought in good new signings that I couldn't wait to see.

That was the lure and the magic of football then and I still jump around on the old bob bank in the rain in my dreams when a player in blue crashes the ball into the net and everyone around me lights up a celebratory cigarette.

Things got worse over the years but it's taken the present galumphing and grasping bunch of dimwits on our board to drag the club into a situation where we stand at the edge of a deep ravine with every move of Ridsdale pushing us nearer the edge. Has any club anywhere ever been run by a bigger idiot? Possibly Leeds!

Whatever needs to be done for good or ill ought to be done soon so that when the smoke clears and the mirrors crack, we can sweep up the remains, let the smell out amnd start again.

:old:
Cal

Re: Dream time is passing us by.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:37 am

caliburn wrote:"For dreams are just like wine

The words of that old song sum up for me what it was like to be a Bluebirds supporter when I was young and the likes of Sherwood, Grant, Tapscott, Walsh, Toshak, Warboys and many more had me doing the sixty mile round trip to Ninian Park in a Western Welsh boneshaker every other Saturday plus weekdays.
We lost a few but we threw our weight around in the old second division and we regularly brought in good new signings that I couldn't wait to see.

That was the lure and the magic of football then and I still jump around on the old bob bank in the rain in my dreams when a player in blue crashes the ball into the net and everyone around me lights up a celebratory cigarette.

Things got worse over the years but it's taken the present galumphing and grasping bunch of dimwits on our board to drag the club into a situation where we stand at the edge of a deep ravine with every move of Ridsdale pushing us nearer the edge. Has any club anywhere ever been run by a bigger idiot? Possibly Leeds!

Whatever needs to be done for good or ill ought to be done soon so that when the smoke clears and the mirrors crack, we can sweep up the remains, let the smell out amnd start again.

Cal

Hi Cal,

I am very honoured to have you on The Forum, I have really missed your posts since I left ccmb :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:43 am

I see you have got the better of the MX then Cal.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:10 am

Bakedalaska,
You're right. No MX ever lasted more than two rounds with me!

Cal.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
caliburn wrote:"For dreams are just like wine

Cal

Hi Cal,

I am very honoured to have you on The Forum, I have really missed your posts since I left ccmb :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Annis,
Things don't look too bright, but if something remains after the board have sifted through the ruins then I'm sure the old club will rise again.

Cal :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 am

Cal I been campaining for an Icon of a rhooster for several months now, you turn up 1 day and you have your personal one already :(

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 am

The Rhooster wrote:Cal I been campaining for an Icon of a rhooster for several months now, you turn up 1 day and you have your personal one already :(

---------------------------------------------
Morning Rhooster,
Here's how it goes. Annis knows that if I don't get everything I want I just send the boys around.

CAL :roll:

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:24 am

caliburn wrote:
The Rhooster wrote:Cal I been campaining for an Icon of a rhooster for several months now, you turn up 1 day and you have your personal one already :(

Morning Rhooster,
Here's how it goes. Annis knows that if I don't get everything I want I just send the boys around.

:lol:

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:24 am

caliburn wrote:

Morning Rhooster,

:lol: