Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

newport county

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:00 pm

went down there tonite with my old man for a look,wasnt a bad game much better than their opponents Bishop's Stortford, early goal by the merthyr jack kerry morgan sealed it (he only looks about 14),not a bad crowd had to delay ko by 15 mins,but got quite bored as it aint the same as watching the city,the newport songs were more interesting "theres only 1 team in wales" "cardiff run from newport" "the city r going bust" bla bla bla bla!!!! i think their promoted now and will recieve the trophy tues nite against havant according to the gents next to me :roll:

Re: newport county

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:48 pm

I was there too. Shite game apart from the goal which was pure quality. Apart from that the best bit was the beer tent in the corner. Over 3000 there which apparently is a record for that division. I think they need a point on Monday but might not need that depending on Saturdays results. Best of luck to them. Anti Cardiff songs hilarious. There's only one Peter Ridsdale FFS. I would have thought "we are the best team in Monmouthshire, we are the team that the Albion fear" would be more appropriate.

Re: newport county

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:23 am

Long way to go to catch city yet, yeah and city run from every one. They know different