Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Post Ridsdale, fans support is vital

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:36 am

I genuinely believe that the net is closing in on him and he'll soon be history but, In my opinion, there will be more pain to follow, the club will need to cut back to the bone at all levels and that includes the quality of the playing staff (although the jacks have proved it can be done), to complete the symbiant circle, then ideally Jones and his big fat salary also needs to move on.

The one thing Jones has done is to keep us competitive for 4/5 years now, he's also given us some excellent football on times, will the fans really support this club in the numbers required at the CCS if we are just eking out results here and there to keep us in the championship?, On past history I just cannot see it, we do seem to have a very volatile support and when things are going wrong they drift away alarmingly.

One thing is for certain, if we are subject to a 6 million or so investment and not a total buyout which seems to be the consensus at the moment, then there will be some very trying times ahead, fans will have to temper their expectations whilst the club will have to rebuild from the bottom up, this may take years, the financial damage imposed on our club, initially by Sam but taken to another level by Peter Ridsdale cannot be undone overnight.

Re: Post Ridsdale, fans support is vital

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:42 am

totally agree mate, ship them out, or people at the top i.e. DJ take a pay cut.
as for our expectations, PR has ruined them with his bullshit and mis management of a great club :twisted:

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:59 am

A clean sweep from top to bottom is what's needed

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:15 am

Totaly agree with all of that, & one thing for sure is that PR has got to go first, sooner rather than later.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:43 am

one message from me to ridsdale is out out out

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:47 am

When the riddler goes that should put hundreds on attandances.

I hate the b*stard