Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SAM IS IN GOOD SPIRITS

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:58 am

Just had a call and he's in good spirits, which hopefully backs up what we are hearing, he is more than relieved the admin threat would look as if it's gone away, and he seemed genuinely concerned that it was a possibility, but it's always been used as a tool against him, others who care less for the club and more for a quick profit have been the only ones threatening to put us into administration.He's off to Aspen Colorado skiing next Wednesday, so hopefully he'll find some thick snow, instead of the thin ice we've all been walking on recently.

If Sam had been a hard nosed switched on businessman out for a quick buck, he wouldn't have provided us with an unsecured loan and definitely not at a low interest rate, just look at what our other investors have charged us and what security they demanded against the loan, and yet these are the people who will be walking away with huge profits, but that's business for you, and I for one am glad just to be just a fan who can sleep with a clear conscience, rather than know I've shafted someone just for more money.

Sam is optimistic that the Malaysians will come good for us and that the club as a bright future,it would have destroyed him to have been blamed as the man who brought the club down, but without hearing both sides of the story, I doubt if we'll ever know the full truth. However I just hope that when we get there, history will look back and be kind to Sam, he made some mistakes and he may have gone about things in a different way to others, but he set the ball rolling and I still believe that without him we'd be a dungeon club at best.

Onward and upward, right where's the ticket office number, let's get those season tickets.

Re: SAM IS IN GOOD SPIRITS

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:54 pm

For all his faults I still look back at the time he was here with affection. They were exciting times and he got us to where we are although almost breaking the bank to do it. It's all part of the rich experience of being a Bluebird.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:58 pm

I have never fell for the bullshit about Sam Hammam no-one is perfect and we all have our faults. I will always remember him as the man who changed this club forever back in 2000.

Whatever happens next at this club will always have its roots traced back to what Sam started.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Glad to hear that, I would love to see Sam back in the directors box as a fan.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have never fell for the bullshit about Sam Hammam no-one is perfect and we all have our faults. I will always remember him as the man who changed this club forever back in 2000.

Whatever happens next at this club will always have its roots traced back to what Sam started.

your right simple fact is if Sam hadnt stepped in back then we'd still be just naothe rlower league club or maybe not even be here now, he got us in the papers, he got people taking about Cardiff Ciy.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:20 pm

I think we have to be happy that Sam arrived, at the end of the day football is about entertainment as we have certainly been kept entertained since he came to the club in 2000, the incredible highs and desperate lows, there was a time when everyone was talking about Cardiff City and that is thanks to Sam.

Sam and this club were a perfect fit and overall we have to say thank you as I don’t believe we’d be anything more than a midtable league one club had Sam not come in. I've found it very difficult to dislike Sam because of all the joy he gave us.

Thanks Sam

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:22 pm

Thats great to hear Gwyn, I hope Sam is once again able to come back and at least support the club as a fan if not as part of a board. I hope that when the current board are gone and time after all is a great healer, that Sam will be once again recognised as the man who began this clubs march to greatness in the 21st century.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:27 pm

lets not forget we were all on that rollercoaster ride with sam we were lovin it when things were great but like us all we,ve made mistakes but his were more high profile onwards and upwards now

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:36 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Just had a call and he's in good spirits, which hopefully backs up what we are hearing, he is more than relieved the admin threat would look as if it's gone away, and he seemed genuinely concerned that it was a possibility, but it's always been used as a tool against him, others who care less for the club and more for a quick profit have been the only ones threatening to put us into administration.He's off to Aspen Colorado skiing next Wednesday, so hopefully he'll find some thick snow, instead of the thin ice we've all been walking on recently.

If Sam had been a hard nosed switched on businessman out for a quick buck, he wouldn't have provided us with an unsecured loan and definitely not at a low interest rate, just look at what our other investors have charged us and what security they demanded against the loan, and yet these are the people who will be walking away with huge profits, but that's business for you, and I for one am glad just to be just a fan who can sleep with a clear conscience, rather than know I've shafted someone just for more money.

Sam is optimistic that the Malaysians will come good for us and that the club as a bright future,it would have destroyed him to have been blamed as the man who brought the club down, but without hearing both sides of the story, I doubt if we'll ever know the full truth. However I just hope that when we get there, history will look back and be kind to Sam, he made some mistakes and he may have gone about things in a different way to others, but he set the ball rolling and I still believe that without him we'd be a dungeon club at best.

Onward and upward, right where's the ticket office number, let's get those season tickets.

Thats good to hear, and Cardiff City supporters should always remember that Billionaire Malay businessmen dont purchase League two teams. Sam certaintly floated you to dizzy heights which in turn sounds has still cost Hammam losses.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:24 pm

Gwyn have you put that on the other board for all the idiots on there who slate Sam?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm not a Sam fan but I am glad he's seen sense to get this done. That goes for Ridsdale too. The club needed to come first here and it looks like it has. Sam will forever be a controversial figure. There are the two sides...

1. Those who say he is at fault for putting us in this financial mess.

2. Those who say we wouldn't be in the league position we're in if it wasn't for him.

He was a jekyll and a hyde but today he has salvaged some respect from me for making sure Cardiff City can move on. I won't say thank you to Sam for signing today because due to him being the catalyst for all of this it was his duty to sort it out. However, he can now at least look at whatever we achieve and lay claim that it all started with him. That is his reward.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:49 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Just had a call and he's in good spirits, which hopefully backs up what we are hearing, he is more than relieved the admin threat would look as if it's gone away, and he seemed genuinely concerned that it was a possibility, but it's always been used as a tool against him, others who care less for the club and more for a quick profit have been the only ones threatening to put us into administration.He's off to Aspen Colorado skiing next Wednesday, so hopefully he'll find some thick snow, instead of the thin ice we've all been walking on recently.

Cheers Gwyn, Sam also Deserves some Credit in this.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:53 pm

I for one think that without Sam we would not be where we are now. Yes Sam made some huge mistakes and he delivered the rollercoaster road he promised . He also said it would take 10 years and others to finish the job.

I can remember the wave of optimism that was on that away terrace at Exeter on a hot August Saturday.

Sam should have some recognition with the club ( non particitpating) as a goodwill gesture.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Ofcourse Sam should take credit...he started it all off and for the lucky ones who were close to him they were amazing times.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Credit to Sam, glad he finally signed, fair play to the guy, respect.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:56 pm

I will have a pint on you tonight sam,cheers for the memories and the roller coaster ride yet again.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:48 pm

Well said Gwyn. It was Sam that gave us the dream that is becoming our reality, and I for one will not forget him for that... 'The Hamman Stadium' maybe :lol:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:51 pm

I would love to see Sam back at the club in some sort of capacity, maybe not management but some sort of capacity. I think we owe him that. And before anyone has a go at me no i was not in the inner circle just appreciate the enthusiasm and drive that Sam had whilst at our great club. Unfortunately never got the chance to meetor speak to him, unfortunately i was on holiday when he came up to the Kings Head in Cwmbran to meet the Cwmbran/Pontypool and Newport lads. I have to admit i still love the man, he`s a very rare breed and certainly one of a kind.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Okay here comes some observations from a season ticket holder whos been on teh sauce all afternoon and who is trying to get his head round sam signing this am,
We owed him £16m (plus naming rights by 2016). We now owe him £10m by the end of 2010, £11m by the end of 2011, £12m by the end of 2012 etc to £16m by teh end of 2016. What has changed? well teh malaysians now have this in writing. It is no longer the shady deal it has always been. This is as far as my mind has managed to get this afternoon, except for trying to get my head around exactly how much is $1.9b. Its not 10x $1m, its not 100x $1m, its not 1000x$1m its $1mx 1,000,000. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Please!!! Im having an orgasm!!!!!

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:11 pm

Thank you Sam for all you have done, you will always be remembered for signing Thorn for a record £1.7 Million and espcially the Academy which has been the life blood of the club for the last few seasons...............

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:31 pm

corky wrote:Ofcourse Sam should take credit...he started it all off and for the lucky ones who were close to him they were amazing times.

You never invited me lol.
I reckon you lot must have loved every minute.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:26 pm

As the Good Book says, "Without a vision the people perish." If it had not been for Sam breathing into this ailing Club his vision for the future we would not have had a club today. No-one else was prepared to put money into the Club at that time and we were only headed in one direction. What Sam started, Peter finished and BOTH deserve the good wishes of all at CCFC.

StT.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Hey Corky make him honarary president of the trust.... :lol: .....That should piss a few people off.... :lol: