Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is administration the Trust's REAL agenda?

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:59 am

because hey 'might' get a seat on the board?

Re: Is administration the Trust's REAL agenda?

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:04 am

I think it's how the JBs got a Trust member on the board?

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:26 am

This is just a personal opinion, but I believe the Trust have been urged by PR not to do anything to destablise the club because if they do the club will go into administration before the Malaysians ride to the rescue.

Of course it is all bollocks and they are just being used by Ridsdale for his own personal agenda.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:38 am

So if direct action does destabalise the club and we go into admin, or if we go into admin anyway will the Trust pursue getting a representative on the board?

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:This is just a personal opinion, but I believe the Trust have been urged by PR not to do anything to destablise the club because if they do the club will go into administration before the Malaysians ride to the rescue.

Of course it is all bollocks and they are just being used by Ridsdale for his own personal agenda.

That last statement from the trust certainly to me gave the impression Ridsdale is using them. I'm now expecting the board to come out with a statement claiming that they will take some sort of cut in these difficult times. However this cut will have little effect but be used as a propaganda tool. Something on the lines of offering some of their shares for sale and the money from the sale being put back into the club. The shares will be overpriced so the interest in them will be low but if they did manage to sell the board member would still be major shareholders as it would only be a fraction they would get rid off. Something on those lines.

I just feel the action of the trust has been more political than direct. Saying that I will add that with all the fingers pointing at TLG I do feel that Dave has been good for this board. He might have rattled some of us but sometimes the truth does that. Personally I feel Dave has given the other side of the story which has made some of us think again. That is a good thing else we might have found ourselves running away with our own agenda and leaving ourselves open for a fall.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:55 am

Baked, TLG perpetuated the myth a march would do no good - the same mantra adjusted by others to claim may put investors off.

None of which appears to have happened.